[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Thanks for the info.

Regarding region locks, are you sure it is necessary to have a Japanese Console and Game since it was a serial code event?

I don't see the difference between this and the recent Mewtwo event for which codes have been traded on Smogon.

Any further views/guidance?
Those serial codes were only usable on Japanese games and thus consoles.

As long as you mention that you injected the WC, you can trade it (though some people will refuse you because it was an injection).
Edit: I believe you also need to inject it on a Japanese cartridge on a Japanese 3DS since the event was only available in Japan

Unless your OT matches the event's OT, there must have been some form of hacking involved.[/quote

At the time my cousin used hacks, before it corrupted his heartgold cartridge and his pearl was eaten by a dog, I grabbed the jirachi and he attempted to hack in a darkrai but ended up picking up lots of jirachis, i reset them all but one but the original OT one must have been lost.

Most PC Tohoku events are local wireless only, right? So it's impossible for them to be claimed on non-Japanese 3DS and cartridges, or am I wrong?
Actually most in life events aren't region locked, but it would require attending the event..I'm not sure in this specific case, but I don't see a reason it would've been region locked when things like the movie giveaways and tohoku jirachi were not

Language: JPN
Species: Arceus
OT:デセルシティ
ID No.: 03075
IVs: :29/31/31/28/31/31
Ability: Multitype
Pokemon's name: アルセウス
Level: 100
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Blast Burn, Extreme Speed, Hydro Cannon,Earth Power
Nature: Jolly
Pokémon Movie 15. Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 100
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon

Language: JPN
Species: Arceus
OT:デセルシティ
ID No.: 03075
IVs: :29/31/31/28/31/31
Ability: Multitype
Pokemon's name: アルセウス
Moves: Blast Burn, Extreme Speed, Hydro Cannon,Earth Power
Pokémon Movie 15. Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 100
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
It's legal as far as I'm concerned, but I can't say 100% for sure that it's not hacked.

Hi, I have a question with this

Language: Jap
Species: Zapdos
OT: かずき
ID No.: 49438
IVs: xx/31/xx/31/31/31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Presusre
Pokemon's name: Jap Name(?)
Pokeball: Quick Ball
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Thunderbolt / Defog / Roost / Hidden Power
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Sinnoh
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ribbons: Nop
Other comments (optional): I would change a passerby

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Potentially legal, but without the exact IVs the verdict doesn't mean too much (even less than normal). If you can't verify the source (i.e. it's from a passerby), I'd be very skeptical.

edit: /me facedesk

Last edited:
Hi, I have a question with this
Hacked, lvl 50 is too low for Sinnoh Zapdos. But in the future post the exact IVs, there are plenty of IV calculators on the internet, there's no excuse for not being able to figure out the IVs of a Pokemon that's already lvl 50.

Potentially legal, but without the exact IVs the verdict doesn't mean too much (even less than normal). If you can't verify the source (i.e. it's from a passerby), I'd be very skeptical.
/me slaps shiny finder

Language: ENG
Species: Hoopa
OT:
えいがかん
ID No.: 07185
IVs:
Ability: Magician
Pokemon's name: Hoopa
Shiny?: No
Moves: Hyperspace Hole, Shadow Ball,Psychic,Phantom Force
Nature: Mild
Pokémon Movie 15. Apparently a fateful encounter
at Lv. 50
Ribbons: Carnival Ribbon
Date Met: 7/18/2016

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Illegal because date
Just thought I'd point out that the obtained date means almost nothing, because it is very easy to change the date on the 3DS. I myself have a bunch of stuff that says it was obtained in 2031 as a result of me forgetting to change the date back after using my 3DS for RNG abuse

Just thought I'd point out that the obtained date means almost nothing, because it is very easy to change the date on the 3DS. I myself have a bunch of stuff that says it was obtained in 2031 as a result of me forgetting to change the date back after using my 3DS for RNG abuse
I know this, but normally people don't change it. In this case the problem is that the receiving date is very near us, and, as I think, maybe that the person who hacked that didn't care that was a local event and also thought that receiving an In-game event sets the date to the current 3ds date so he tried to let people think it is legit. So I think it is legal, but not legit and created with Pkhex.

Species: Deerling
OT: Cecilie
ID No.: 22125
IVs: 5iv -SpAtt
EVs (optional): none
Ability: Sap Sipper
Pokemon's name: Deerling
Level: 1
Pokeball: Premier
Moves: Grass Whistle, Synthesis, Agility, Baton Pass
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ribbons: None

I need help. I have this diancie I got from someone while trading, and idk if it's valid. Everything, from my research, points to it being valid. Except for one tiny fact: it's shiny. It's the Hope Diancie. Can someone please help.

Species: Diancie
OT:Hope

ID No.: 07245
IVs:31 31 31 31 31 31
Ability: Clear Body
Pokemon's name: Nitro
Moves: Diamond storm, Moonblast, Dazzling gleam, Protect
Nature: Modest
Where: a lovely place
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Note:Apparently a fateful encounter
Level met: 50
Date Met: 7/26/2015

Last edited:
Language: SPA
Species: Greninja
OT: Beto
ID No.: 43124
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): 252 sp. atk, 252 speed, 4 atk
Ability: Protean
Pokemon's name: Greninja
Pokeball: Dive Ball
Shiny?: yes
Pentagon?: yes
Moves: Surf, Dark Pulse, Extrasensory, U-turn
Nature: Naive
Region of origin: Faraway Place
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: none
Other comments (optional): Egg received 1/20/2015 from a Daycare Couple, egg hatched apparently 1/20/2015. Received from a Wonder Trade.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Legal, but probably edited. There's no way to say for certain (unless you can trace its origins), but it being from a Wonder Trade makes it highly suspicious; I'd assume it's hacked.

There was a deleted Reddit account with OT Beto offering a Dive Ball, HA Froakie; it could be a coincidence, but kinda makes you wonder if someone edited that one.

I have a question about legit checks.

can gen 6 pokemon have perfect IVs no matter the nature? Doesn't say anything about that so I'm assuming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)