[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible for someone to check if it was altered or not?
You could check the exact IVs and the PID (or have someone else check that for you) then use RNG reporter to see if the PID and IV spread could legally be generated. But that wouldn't prove that it's legitimate, only legal. If you want my personal advide, I recommend that you just assume it's hacked and move on.

Hello there! I stumbled upon this thread and while it helped me pin down which Pokémon out of my WT ones are hacked or not, there are still two that don't "seem" to be hacked but I wanted to have someone else's opinion on them anyway. I like them very much and wanted to send them to my Moon, but I don't feel like risking it if there's something odd about these two.

Language: English
Species: Milotic
OT: Ramon
ID No.: 11781
IVs: 6IV
EVs (optional): 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk, 2 Sp. Def
Ability: Marvel Scale
Pokemon's name: Milotic
Level: 100
Pokeball: Dream Ball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Recover, Mirror Coat, Ice Beam, Scald
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): It's stated on her profile that she was an egg hatched at Lumiose City on 6/9/2014.

Language: German
Species: Whimsicott
OT: Sakati.TV
ID No.: 18982
EVs (optional): 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 6 Def
Ability: Prankster
Pokemon's name: Elfun
Pokeball: Dusk Ball
Moves: Substitute, Protect, Leech Seed, Toxic
Nature: Calm
Region of origin: Hoenn
Other comments (optional): It's stated on her profile that she was an egg hatched at the Battle Resort on 8/8/2015.

Hello there! I stumbled upon this thread and while it helped me pin down which Pokémon out of my WT ones are hacked or not, there are still two that don't "seem" to be hacked but I wanted to have someone else's opinion on them anyway. I like them very much and wanted to send them to my Moon, but I don't feel like risking it if there's something odd about these two.

Other comments (optional): It's stated on her profile that she was an egg hatched at Lumiose City on 6/9/2014.

Other comments (optional): It's stated on her profile that she was an egg hatched at the Battle Resort on 8/8/2015.
Uh, I don't see anything wrong with either pokemon so for all intents and purposes they're at the very least legal. But if I were to give you an personal advice, it would be this: always assume that shinies, or just valuable pokemon in general, you get off Wonder Trade (which, I assume, is where you got these pokemon from) are hacks since you cannot trackdown their legitimacy.

The Whimiscott is hacked. The OT (Sakati.TV) comes from a livestreamer who has previously given away hacked Pokemon.

I would like to check whether my tapu koko is legal. Thankyou !
Language: ENG
Species: Tapu Koko
OT: Tamago
ID: 421944
IV: 31.31.30.31.31.31
Ability: electric surge
Poke name: Tapu koko
Level: 60
Pokeball: repeat ball
Shiny: no
Clover: yes
Moves: (default)
Nature: naive
Region: Alola
Characteristics: mischievous
Ribbons: none

I would like to check whether my tapu koko is legal. Thankyou !
Species: Tapu Koko
OT: Tamago
ID: 421944
IV: 31.31.30.31.31.31
Ability: electric surge
Poke name: Tapu koko
Level: 60
Pokeball: repeat ball
Shiny: no
Clover: yes
Moves: (default)
Nature: naive
Region: Alola
Characteristics: mischievous
Ribbons: none
It's legal, yes. Whether it's legit is a different question. Unless you know who the OT is you should assume it's hacked given the near perfect IVs.

Thank you very much Corrin and Usernamesarestupid for replying! I always assume that rare Pokémon, specially shiny that come from the WT is at the very least cloned, because it just doesn't seem smart at all to just throw a shiny Pokémon at a random person on WT. But who knows, all for all the Milotic seemed legit, what made me suspicious was the dream ball. The whimsicott was one that I was still in doubt, but it's good to be finally sure of its origins.

With that being said, I'd like you guys to take a look at another Pokémon that came from WT on Moon, if it's not asking much! I believe it's legit, but it doesn't hurt to check.

EDIT: Another Pokémon needs checking, hope that's not a problem!

OT: Wynne
ID No.: 714463
EVs (optional): None, not effort-trained at all
Ability: Cute Charm
Level: 25
Pokeball: Dive Ball
Clover?: Yes
Moves: Scald, Round, Blizzard, Water Pulse
Nature: Hardy
Region of origin: Alola
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Other comments (optional): It's stated on her profile that she was an egg hatched at the Poké Pelago on 1/10/2017. I received her as a Feebas and since she was holding a Prism Scale, evolved shortly after arriving; that was before the Poké Bank update for Sun and Moon, a few weeks ago.

Species: Mimikyu
OT: Hinaru
ID No.: 997565
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/25
EVs (optional): 4/252/0/0/0/252
Ability: Disguise
Pokemon's name: Sunako
Level: 66
Pokeball: Standard Pokéball
Moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Play Rough, Swords Dance
Nature: Adamant
Ribbons: Battle Royal Master Ribbon, Battle Tree Great Ribbon, Battle Tree Master Ribbon, Best Friends Ribbon, Effort Ribbon, Footprint Ribbon
Other comments (optional): She was an egg hatched at Paniola ranch on 12/3/2016, and received at Wonder Trade on 12/20/2016. Her held item was a Zoom Lens if I'm not mistaken, and her EVs were the same as stated on the form, but the moveset was different. This Mimikyu's Hidden Power is Dark.

Last edited:
Language: JPN
Species: Ditto
OT: leee
ID No.: 993401
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Ability: Imposter
Pokemon's name: FY+GJ-
Pokeball: Pokeball
Shiny?: No
Cross?: Yes
Moves: Transform
Other comments (optional): Met on 12/13/2016 at Mount Hokulani, apparently met at Lv. 25. I requested a Ditto from one of the giveaways on Smogon. Someone sniped me and gave me this. The IVs are all "Best", not "Hyper Trained!"

This looks so much like a hack, but I would like to confirm it here. If this is hacked, breeding Pokemon with this are also considered hacks? I re-requested at the giveaway.

Language: GER
OT: ROT
ID No.: 11822
IVs: 31/23/02/17/31/31
EVs: None
Pokemon's name: Ditto
Game Boy Symbol?: Yes
Region of origin: Kanto

Anyway, I won't use unknown Dittos from GTS for battle or breeding. And I got sniped with a shiny hacked Ditto but I won't post any more that are super obvious hacks.

Language: GER
OT: ROT
ID No.: 11822
IVs: 31/23/02/17/31/31
EVs: None
Pokemon's name: Ditto
Game Boy Symbol?: Yes
Region of origin: Kanto

Anyway, I won't use unknown Dittos from GTS for battle or breeding. And I got sniped with a shiny hacked Ditto but I won't post any more that are super obvious hacks.
Looks like a random transferred Ditto. All RBY mons have their HA and 3+ flawless IVs. As always there's no way to be sure, but nothing immediately screams suspicious.
I just got Beast Ball larvitar over WT, legal y/n? I also think it would be helpful to have a list of mons that can be in beast balls
Hacked. Larvitar and its evos can't be caught in Sun or Moon.

I just got Beast Ball larvitar over WT, legal y/n? I also think it would be helpful to have a list of mons that can be in beast balls
Any Pokémon that can't be caught in Sun and Moon aren't eligible to be in Beast Balls. Male and Female do pass their Pokéball to offspring now, but only if they're the same species, so it couldn't have been bred.

Could anyone take a look at mine, though? ^^ I posted their forms on Saturday, it's still on this page.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Corrin and Usernamesarestupid for replying! I always assume that rare Pokémon, specially shiny that come from the WT is at the very least cloned, because it just doesn't seem smart at all to just throw a shiny Pokémon at a random person on WT. But who knows, all for all the Milotic seemed legit, what made me suspicious was the dream ball. The whimsicott was one that I was still in doubt, but it's good to be finally sure of its origins.

With that being said, I'd like you guys to take a look at another Pokémon that came from WT on Moon, if it's not asking much! I believe it's legit, but it doesn't hurt to check.

EDIT: Another Pokémon needs checking, hope that's not a problem!

OT: Wynne
ID No.: 714463
EVs (optional): None, not effort-trained at all
Ability: Cute Charm
Level: 25
Moves: Scald, Round, Blizzard, Water Pulse
Other comments (optional): It's stated on her profile that she was an egg hatched at the Poké Pelago on 1/10/2017. I received her as a Feebas and since she was holding a Prism Scale, evolved shortly after arriving; that was before the Poké Bank update for Sun and Moon, a few weeks ago.

Species: Mimikyu
OT: Hinaru
ID No.: 997565
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/25
EVs (optional): 4/252/0/0/0/252
Ability: Disguise
Pokemon's name: Sunako
Level: 66
Pokeball: Standard Pokéball
Moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Play Rough, Swords Dance
Nature: Adamant
Ribbons: Battle Royal Master Ribbon, Battle Tree Great Ribbon, Battle Tree Master Ribbon, Best Friends Ribbon, Effort Ribbon, Footprint Ribbon
Other comments (optional): She was an egg hatched at Paniola ranch on 12/3/2016, and received at Wonder Trade on 12/20/2016. Her held item was a Zoom Lens if I'm not mistaken, and her EVs were the same as stated on the form, but the moveset was different. This Mimikyu's Hidden Power is Dark.
Best to just assume they're hacked. While it's possible they aren't, hacking is very rampant in Sun and Moon. Assume anything good from WT is a hack.

Need that checked, nearly sure it is hacked:

Language: Spa
Species: Silvally
OT: Aikon
ID No.: 361171
EVs (optional): 252 Atk / 252 Spe / Rest not set yet (I didn't set any of these)
Ability: RKS System
Pokemon's name: Silvally
Pokeball: Regular
Pentagon?: No, but got that Alola-Sign
Moves: Rock Slide , Swords Dance , U-Turn , Dragon Claw
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin:
Characteristic: Alola , Aether Paradise , 28.11.2016
Other comments (optional): I think it is hacked, but need confirmation .. I would love to know it is not hacked but the odds are just against it

Last edited:

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Need that checked, nearly sure it is hacked:

Language: Spa
Species: Silvally
OT: Aikon
ID No.: 361171
EVs (optional): 252 Atk / 252 Spe / Rest not set yet (I didn't set any of these)
Ability: RKS System
Pokemon's name: Silvally
Pokeball: Regular
Pentagon?: No, but got that Alola-Sign
Moves: Rock Slide , Swords Dance , U-Turn , Dragon Claw
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin:
Characteristic: Alola , Aether Paradise , 28.11.2016
Other comments (optional): I think it is hacked, but need confirmation ..
The odds of someone getting a Hexa-flawless Shiny Type:Null are so minuscule, it's safe to assume this one's hacked, unless the one you got it from has very solid proof (like video proof from the nicknaming screen to checking its IVs on a PC, even then I'd doubt it).

Edit to clarify: the chances of getting a Hexa-flawless non-shiny Type:Null are 1/32768. So if the chances of getting a Shiny Type: Null with the Shiny Charm is like 1/2048, the chances of getting that Shiny Type: Null legitimately would be 1/67'108'864. So consider the possibilities: A. Someone got a 1 in 67 million roll and traded that to you. B. Someone hacked and traded it

Last edited:
The odds of someone getting a Hexa-flawless Shiny Type:Null are so minuscule, it's safe to assume this one's hacked, unless the one you got it from has very solid proof (like video proof from the nicknaming screen to checking its IVs on a PC, even then I'd doubt it).
Thanks for your feedback, I calculated too and the luck being needed for that would be.. immense .. it is just not possible.
Is deleting it enough for being not banned from the Global Link ?

Best to just assume they're hacked. While it's possible they aren't, hacking is very rampant in Sun and Moon. Assume anything good from WT is a hack.
Thanks for replying! Nothing screams suspicious about them, but guess we can't be sure sadly.

PsIana I second Sondero on what they said, the chances are indeed minimal. Not only the odds of getting a shiny one with flawless 6IV are absurdly low, it doesn't make any sense the person which got so lucky chose to give it away to a random someone over WT for no reason at all...

PsIana I second Sondero on what they said, the chances are indeed minimal. Not only the odds of getting a shiny one with flawless 6IV are absurdly low, it doesn't make any sense the person which got so lucky chose to give it away to a random someone over WT for no reason at all...
Yeah, the shininess should raise all alarms. Unless it's a very poor shiny, there are little chances it's legit.

Well, about that "unless it's a very poor shiny", I'm not including the troll hack I got yesterday on Wonder Trade - a perfect shiny Timid Dhelmise with a Flame Orb geared to be a special sweeper.

If I understood the legality guide correctly, then a Contrary Snivy with a pentagon on a regular Poke Ball is not illegal, right? Got one lurking through GTS (assuming it cannot come in any other kind of Poke Ball) but I want to be sure I'm not making a mistake. Other than the ability, it looked perfectly normal.

Yes Contrary Snivys with Pentagon can only come in Pokeballs I think (not 100% sure) but it is of course not illegal. Apricorn Ball Snivys with HA are after the release of Bank legal legal too, but only with Alola Cross-sign.

Species: Swoobat
OT: Whitney
ID No.: 14668
IVs: All Perfect
EVs (optional):
Ability: Simple
Pokemon's name: Swoobat
Pokeball: Premier Ball
Pentagon?: No (yes in Gen 6, transferred)
Moves: 1) Calm Mind
2) Stored Power
3) Signal Beam
4) Substitute
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Hoenn (OrAs)
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Other comments (optional): Said it was hatched from an egg (if legit no doubt used the TSV/ESV method). Received in a WonderTrade. Was about to release due to it being to good to be real until I saw their message. They said they were a provider for Smogon. I received it in gen 6 and transferred it but decided to check real quick if you guysbdo have a provider in Gen 6 with IGN Whitney and ID 14668. If not I will be releasing it (lying about being a provider is suspicious). Thanks.

Last edited:
Other comments (optional): Said it was hatched from an egg (if legit no doubt used the TSV/ESV method). Received in a WonderTrade. Was about to release due to it being to good to be real until I saw their message. They said they were a provider for Smogon. I received it in gen 6 and transferred it but decided to check real quick if you guysbdo have a provider in Gen 6 with IGN Whitney and ID 14668. If not I will be releasing it (lying about being a provider is suspicious). Thanks.
For that matter, I just got a shiny Latios from that trainer in Alpha Sapphire.

It's something that should be paid attention about if it's not legit.

Species: Latios
OT: Whitney
ID No.: 14668
EVs (optional): 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: Latios
Moves: 1) Earthquake
2) Draco Meteor
3) Psyshock
4) Roost
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Hoenn (Southern Island)
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Other comments (optional): As said above, the trainer claims to be a "Smogon Provider" but this is a liiiiitle suspicious, to put it lightly. Also, it had Pokerus and has a Life Orb.

Quick google shows at least a few instances of hacked Pokémon with the same OT and TID. I wouldn't trust either of them.

(Obviously, if they were a distributor [I don't know], then there'd be lots of people with their Pokémon; and one of those people may have hacked the ones found in the search... But meh, raises enough suspicion to not trust.)
One more question. I got a Shiny Perfect Scizor in a link trade from IGN Sarah, ID: 39422. Legal moveset and everything. Are they also on that list of hackers? (It was in Gen 6)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)