Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

You should take the basepower, the accuracy, side-effects and other attributes of the moves into consideration. Just look up the moves or use /dt move when you are on Showdown!.

In this case I'd go with Hyper Fang, since the 10% more accuracy that Thrash offers doesn't make up for being locked into Trash for 2-3 Turns + the Confusion afterwards.
It also adds a decent 10% chance of flinching your opponent. So, Hyper Fang would be preferable.

ever since I changed my name, I can't change my profile photo.
Anyone know whats happening?
Ya when you change your name your profile is locked for a month to keep you from changing the custom tag. If its been over a month since the name change just contact someone who does name changes (Hikari or antemortem probably) and they should unlock your profile for you!

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey does anyone know why the move Counter doesn't exist on the Damage Calculator ?
it doesn't have a fixed base power (think earthquake) or a fixed damage value (think nightshade), it just deals twice as much damage as a previously taken physical move. there's no way to reliably calculate this without just taking the physical damage and multiplying it by two

it doesn't have a fixed base power (think earthquake) or a fixed damage value (think nightshade), it just deals twice as much damage as a previously taken physical move. there's no way to reliably calculate this without just taking the physical damage and multiplying it by two
Heh. Logic.
Thanks ^^

Why is it that in some tiering systems, like Generation 3 singles, the RU tier is skipped, and the Pokemon that drop from UU go directly to NU?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Why is it that in some tiering systems, like Generation 3 singles, the RU tier is skipped, and the Pokemon that drop from UU go directly to NU?
That is because NU was created before RU. So in gen 4, when it was introduced, it was put between UU and NU.

If, for example, they made another tier in Gen 7 that would be between OU and UU, the new tier would have the usage of UU, UU would get the usage of RU, RU would get the usage of NU and so on, until PU would become a lower usage tier than it already is.

I have searched for a while, but I found nothing, so I ask here:

Is there a thread in which all the tier changes (usage drops/rises, bans, unbans) of all official tiers are collected? This would spare me a lot of time searching a lot of different threads if I want to check what happened in the last few weeks.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Is there a thread in which all the tier changes (usage drops/rises, bans, unbans) of all official tiers are collected? This would spare me a lot of time searching a lot of different threads if I want to check what happened in the last few weeks.
Around the first week or so of a month, a thread is posted in the Competitive Discussion section, which should contain the drops and rises of each Pokemon. For example: here are the main updates based on the stats from May.

You can also check statistics here. They have different parts of the ladder recorded separately, statistics from every format, and statistics about movesets, teammates, leads, and metagame stuff.

I am hesitating between swapping my 3DS XL for a 2DS. I want to get people's opinion on this. What would be a good place/thread to post this?

when someone say has a team, and puts it in like one of those orange pocket things how do you do that? I know I'm not explaining it very well but I cant find how to do it .-. its in the same colour as when someone copies what someone said and it says fat "insert name here" said. and then it says it.

when someone say has a team, and puts it in like one of those orange pocket things how do you do that? I know I'm not explaining it very well but I cant find how to do it .-. its in the same colour as when someone copies what someone said and it says fat "insert name here" said. and then it says it.
Quote tags like so: [quote.] [/quote.] without the periods. You can also click reply and it'll automatically quote the post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 4)