Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
I would assume all your problems relate to the database error. For right now, all you have to do is wait. The more you complain the more stressed out developers will be, so please just wait patiently.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
That's a database error that's happening to everyone at the moment. No estimate for when it will be fixed at the moment though, so please bear with us for now. It should hopefully be resolved soon (I hope).
This should be mostly resolved now. The short downtime earlier was also related to this. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Screenshot (253).png

Ok so the problem here is if you look at the bottom, there is some smaller text than the rest. This keeps on being generated each time I save my edit, and it's really annoying. It used to go away but now it doesn't. Am I messing up, or is this a bug?

When was the global moderator badge added? I only just realized it exists, despite it clearly having been around for a while.

just wondering why sprites, as such in my signature, go to the ?box. theyre all from bulbapedia, is it just a visual glitch on my end or a different problem in general?

also, howd i make the pic smaller D:

EDIT: a fix was re-inserting the pictures, but i dont know if this will last

Last edited:
Hi, bit of a strange question, but I wondered if you clever people at Smogon had a complete list of each pokemon, and the moves they can learn in a single database or table? Any format will do. Thanks!

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, bit of a strange question, but I wondered if you clever people at Smogon had a complete list of each pokemon, and the moves they can learn in a single database or table? Any format will do. Thanks!
Though it's not entirely complete (doesn't clearly include movesets for past generations and doesn't list what other Pokemon they need to breed with to gain specific Egg Moves) the Pokemon Showdown Pokedex has relevant information on every Ability, Move, Pokemon and even Z-Moves.

Oh and Welcome to Smogon!

Question- What does it take to get your tourney approved? I know how to submit one, but the last time I submitted one, I just got flat-out rejected for suggesting a Rainbow League 3.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Question- What does it take to get your tourney approved? I know how to submit one, but the last time I submitted one, I just got flat-out rejected for suggesting a Rainbow League 3.
For one, it needs to make sense; Rainbow League 3 doesn't sound like it makes sense. You should provide an in-depth description of the tournament, and how you're going to execute it. It should follow Smogon formats (for the most part) as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)