Walrus RODAN's epic walrus (for gamers) - Won by asek

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 12th earning 4.6 points: vonFiedler

England Dan & John Ford Coley - You Can't Dance

First of all, this is barely country music. Really towing the line on this one. Secondly, it just sounds like bad Hall and Oates. But I love Hall and Oates so this is still totally listenable to me.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 11th earning 5 points: zorbees

Taylor Swift - Our Song

Way to pick the only country Taylor Swift song I don’t like. Shoulda submitted you belong with me or love story, buddy.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 10th with 5.5 points: Walrein

The Dead South - The Recap

I don’t know why I dislike this. It resembles one of my favourite country artists (Jay Munly) but it really just doesn’t do it for me. I’ve listened to this like 5 extra times HOPING it would grow on me, but it really hasn’t.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 9th with 5.9 points: Da Letter El

Matt Andersen - Wagon Wheel

Pretty much smack dab in the middle for me, nothing really of note stands out to me honestly. Its perfectly fine but not exceptional in any aspect.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 8th with 6.3 points: Asek

Johnny Cash - 25 Minutes to Go

This song is DARK and in a good way. Johnny Cash was always really good at covering the darker topics while still keeping the mood light. This is a great example of it, only reason is its so low is that it has very little relistenability. Theres a reason this song doesn’t get brought up as one of the great Cash songs. Its a one pump chump.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 7th with 6.5 points: sam-testings

Bo Burnham - Country Song (Pandering)

This pretty much lampoons everything about bro country that I hate. Not big on comedy songs though usually. This is a super valiant effort and is almost un-discernable from normal country music. It is pretty eerie.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 6th with 6.8 points: shubaka17

Brad Paisley - Online

This song hits me too close to home. Also its insanely dated but goddamn its funny and just a bundle of joy.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 5th with 7 points: Lord Gaius

Aubrie Sellers - Loveless Rolling Stone

This song appeals to almost everything I like in country. There is one big issue that is holding it back from the top spot though, her voice is way too clean. There is no character to her voice at all, if she put a little more effort into having a more unique sound this would be my #1. I can’t understate how much the voice ruins my enjoyment of this song. The song on its own is just so good. Love the lyrics a lot.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 4th with 7.3 points: KnightsOfCydonia

John Michael Montgomery - Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)

I hated this song at first. I really fucking did, but the song kept creeping back into my head. It has been stuck in my head for like days. The song is so repetitive but such a damn earworm. Fuck you bitch.

[7:31 PM] Bill Cosby is Innocent: i hate this song so much but it got stuck in my head
[7:32 PM] Bill Cosby is Innocent: and
[7:32 PM] Bill Cosby is Innocent: that means somethign
[7:32 PM] Bill Cosby is Innocent: i went back and listened to it multiple times outside of the actual walrus shit
[7:32 PM] BrainpanCydonia: substitute like for hate and that's how max power got 1st

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 3rd with 8.2: Yeti

Shania Twain - Up!

Blessed be to canada. This song is so insanely nostalgic for me, they would always play it at my elementary school. Shania Twain is also a secret favourite of mine. This is one of my favourite songs by her too. I know you don’t like country but you lucked out a lot with this one.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 2nd with 8.6: Texas Cloverleaf

Clint Black - A Good Run of Bad Luck

I have 0 idea why I like this so much. I just do, no justification here. Solid 90s country (which is my favourite brand of country outside the oft-maligned Gothic Country)

RODAN

Banned deucer.
WINNER with 9.5: Blazade

Garth Brooks - The Thunder Rolls

This is literally like top 3 country song of all time for me. My mom used to play it in the car when I was a kid. This song is powerful man, the chorus hits you like a brick. And the rest of the song is so brooding and forboding that you cant help but listen. I have sung this song in the shower almost every day since I got this submission. Kissy Kissy.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dear RODAN. I have a policy not to submit songs I don't personally like or enjoy, I do actually enjoy the song I submitted, and did not intend it as a pure shitpost.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
oh also i submitted that 100% for the banjo; who cares about lyrics when you can listen to one of the best instruments being played in the most epic way possible

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 15th scoring 1.9 points: Blazade

F.S.R. - Don't Make Us Kick Your Ass

This parody is cringey as fuck. They take all the good parts of Low and butcher everything about it. The beat is sickeningly bad.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 14th scoring 2 points: KnightsOfCydonia

Watsky - Whoa Whoa Whoa

Nerd rap is the worst rap. This is also cringe as fuck. Imagine putting this on at a party, you’d be laughed right out.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 12th scoring 4.7 points: Steven Snype

Childish Gambino - We Ain’t Them

I really dislike Gambino. But this is probably the best I’ve heard out of him. Still can’t crack 5 points though.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 11th scoring 5.1 points: LightWolf

Libera Me From Hell (TTGL)

Honestly not a big fan of TTGL. Don’t really like this song either, the rap flow is actually abysmal. Instrumentals are pretty good though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)