Community Create-a-Team 2: M-Lopunny + Lando-T

TFA's Bulky Mago Lando-T

Wanted another Mega-salamence and mimikyu check cause they are everywhere and it's nice having something with rocks cause bulu/tran/cress is going to be forcing a lot of switches. I'd personally put hp ice over rock tomb cause with all the bulk on the team, I don't think speed control is really required as much as hitting opposing lando/mence and chomp. Also any team without a ground type is bound to have trouble against stuff like koko/ toxic zapdos, thundi etc.

I would try every option xD
But I have to pick TFA's Bulky Mago Lando-T. The post above me explains my vote. Cresselia/Heatran forces switches and SR damage is great and a Mimikyu/mence check is essential at this meta. Since LandoT can't do much against flying types, I would try a Smack down instead of Rock tomb, something to scary Zapdos and Celesteela forcing them to think a potential EQ. HP Ice is a problem and ThundurusT is a mon that would threat the whole team (including my choice). It packs Sludge Wave, stab Tbolt, HP Ice, Z-Focus blast. Nihilego would be the best choice here. But thinking on usage, ThundurusT is less common than Mimikyu + mence, other LandorusT, Blaziken, those that are checked by a Bulky LandoT.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Putting a vote in on cant say's Sash Tapu Lele, I've never personally used Sash Lele but Taunt Lele feels super nice here. Truthfully not the best Mimikyu answer but I feel like most of the other threats listed are mons we've adequately accounted for, and Lele addresses some of the offense issues the team has while giving an unexpected soft check to tons of threats. With Taunt we also get an actual response to Eevee which is neat. In general Gyarados/Blaziken/Lele is a fantastic offensive core so I'm in favor of adding Lele here.

i think that TFA's Mago Lando should be in the team, yet with Cresselia already in it they would be kind of redundant as ground immune and Mega Mence check. To be totally fair i would happily change cress with Lando. Anyway i'll root for Cant say's Sash Lele, that at this point is probably the best choice, adding more power and as said completing a great offensive core, the Gyara/blaziken/lele one.

Last edited:

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
LegoFigure 11's Nihilego

While I think that the team is a bit weak to Mimikyu, Nihilego provides the a strong Special attacker, which the team currently lacks, and Rocks support, which is always nice. As for the BP matchup, we could fit Taunt on Gyara or Heatran's moveset.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
ethan06's Landorus-T

Man, this team suffers a lot from Mega Venusaur. It walls Gyarados and Bulu, and Heatran lacks Taunt to stop Sleep Powder or Leech Seed. Also this team needs a hazard setter that has some offensive presence and I think offensive Landorus-T is the best option. Also his EV spread helps with Mimikyu which can be troublesome.

Can't says Tapu Lele

As much as I like Stealth Rocks in Singles, it doesn't seem like a sheer necessity, and compared to our team as it looks, Tapu Lele for some alternative Terrain seems useful to me.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
our 6th member of the team has been chosen! .........

cant say's Sash Lele: 4
Thick Fat Azumarill's Mago Lando-T: 2
LegoFigure's Sash Nihilego: 2
ethan's Z Fly Lando-T: 1
feesh squads's Sash Lando-I: 1
Ullar's Whimsicott: 1​

Now we technically have a team, but we aren't done yet. In this next stage I want us to discuss what we actually think of the team as a whole, and suggest any changes we think should be made to optimize it. After that, we'll vote using a yes/no/abstain system on all the proposed changes and anything with a majority will be changed accordingly

----------------

I've been testing this version of the team during the week and it feels pretty decent. Pretty much all my losses were to stupid low ladder crap which can't really be helped because we've built the team to take on the "meta", however the good teams I lost to had things like Mimikyu, SubCM Cres (admittedly not very common), various Charizard X (both SD+FC and Earthquake ones are scary), and well played Koko. I originallly thought that adding Stealth Rock to Heatran would be good, especially because BuluTran forces plenty of switches, however I think a more drastic change would prove more effective; swap Cresselia for Helmet Lando-T. This keeps the defensive utility but improves the matchup vs Mimikyu, and can be better vs Salamence and Zard X thanks to Intimidate, while also giving us the Stealth Rock user we need (which drastically improves Gyarados' matchup against bulk/sash Mimikyu).
Landorus-T @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

I also think we can optimize Heatran. Both Substitute and Protect seems a little overkill and some extra coverage would be nice. So I think we should change Heatran's EV spread, add Earth Power and Magmar Storm so we have something to hit Koko/M-Gengar/other Heatran with, and help with the Stall matchup a bit. The benchmarks on the Heatran seem a little vague so just going with the tried and tested spread seems fine
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magmar Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Protect

I've also missed Crunch on Mega Gyara, especially because I seem to use it with Bulu a lot, so I think we should Swap Earthquake for Crunch on Gyara. I know we had EQ for Koko but Bulu/Tran take it on effortlessly and +1 Waterfall OHKOes Koko after rocks anyway (so adding Landog is good here)

I also think Fighting STAB would be cool on Blaziken but I don't like dropping any of the moves (including Protect) so I won't officially nominate it myself.

Summary of nominations:
  • swap Cres for Lando-T
  • edit Heatran's spread and add Magmar Storm & Earth Power
  • swap EQ for Crunch on Gyara

Will nominate replacing Protect on Blaziken for High Jump Kick or Low Kick depending on what you wanna put the stomp on more. But I'ma stick to HJK

With Fighting coverage, we have the following additions:

- Porygon2 hole-puncher
- Mega Kang killer
- Heatran killer
- Tyranitar killer
- Garchomp neutral option

Other than that, Flare Blitz + Elec Z Thunder Punch are decent enough coverage.

Ok so, with our team done it's time to take a glance at it in its fullness:

First thing i'd remove Cresselia for a Bulky Landorus-T, as already said a couple times before. This because i feel that the combination of Lando's Intimidate + Rock Tomb, and its ability to check CharX that could otherwise setup sword dances on Cresselia, would serve the team a little better.
@ Rocky Helmet
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 132 Def / 4 SpD / 124 Spe OR 244 HP / 4 Atk / 236 Def / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn / Koff / Explosion / Superpower / Hidden Power Ice / Filler Move
- Stealth Rock

This first spread is to outspeed Jolly MMence after a Rock Tomb, whereas the second is to outspeed Nihilego and base 100 after a Rock Tomb. They both can take an HP Ice from Nihilego, but only the second spread can always survive a +1 Outrage from Jolly CharX. So i'd rather go with the second spread, but i still listed both just in case we find out that we really need answers for MMence.

--

After this, i was seeing Bulu's set, and pulled off some ideas:
@ Assault Vest > Sitrus Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 236 HP / 164 Atk / 108 Spe > 236 HP / 124 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Rock Tomb
- Superpower > Leech Seed

Its speed could maybe be raised to 114 (148 EVs) lowering the attack to +124 EVs, just in case we can pull off a Rock Tomb on an eventual Nihilego switch in (like if they predict seeds or if they are sashed) and then outspeed it, or just to outspeed base 100, since imo CharX is our main problem if it manages to setup, especially if there are Rocks on the ground.
Also i was thinking that Leech Seed can help the team quite a bit, so removing the AV even if it's a good call, just to add this move could be an idea.

--

As for Mega Gyarados i'm agreeing with Cant Say when he says that we probably should consider something else over Earthquake, since our main core has the Grassy Terrain in it. So...
@ Gyaradosite
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake > Substitute / Taunt
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

I'm leaving Psy's spread even though i'm not understaing those EVs in the HP... Made some calcs but couldn't figure out
As for Eq, Substitute or Taunt to me feel like the better options, just to have more tools vs setup sweepers or to have a way to setup in front of passive pokemon that could status us, specially if Bulu's Seeds and Terrain are up. I guess that Crunch could be an option too, but we're already covered from things that Crunch would hit as far as i can see.

--

With this done, even if that Blaziken is heat, i'd probably change its set like this:
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 14 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Baton Pass
- High Jump Kick
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

With Bulu in the team we do have our answer for Water-types, and passing the speed around could give A LOT to the team in my opinion. For example at +1 Bulu and Landorus would straightly outspeed Nihilego and Base 100 like Charizard, and even Heatran, Gyarados and Lele would greatly benefit for it, the first to stall even easier, and the last two to hit faster (+1 Gyara for example can avoid fast Yawns with Sub or Taunt faster pokemon like this).
Hasty over Naive just for Download p2, and since we are sashed we don't care.

--

Now that the sash is gone Lele obviously has lost its item, so...
@ Choice Specs / Life Orb / Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 92 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Psyshock Specs Lele can offer the immediate fire power that the team needs imo. Life Orb is an option if you guys think that being free to use all the moves is somehow needed.
The spread, Modest max Spa, hits 135 Speed considering that now we can pass speed, so that at +1 it would outspeed base 130.
Z move could be an option, since it's probably one of the best nukes in the meta.

--

Now.. I feel a little guilty that i changed quite a lot lol, yet if i were rating this as a normal team these are the changes i'd have done.

Summary:
  • swap Cresselia for Bulky RH Lando-T
  • turn AV Bulu into a Sitrus Bulu with Seeds and a little more speed
  • swap Eq for Substitute or Taunt on Mega Gyarados
  • turn Electrium Z Physical Blaziken into a Mixed BP Blaziken
  • turn Sash Lele into an Offensive Specs / Z Move

Last edited:
To start, rementioning what I brought up before.
Lava Plume -> Magma Storm on Heatran. This will help tremendously against stall, and in general is a very solid option. I'd also change the evs to a basic 252/252+ HP/SpDef. Taking hits better from Lele is a big deal, far more valuable than speed.
The Bulu set I'm at odds with also. I just really dislike AV on this style of team. I think Iapapa Berry would be much better, and also allow access to either Leech Seed or Swords Dance.

Two pokemon changes I think are for the better:
Gyarados -> Salamence (Sub-DD)
Cresselia -> Toxapex (Phys Def, z-Haze)
Toxapex will improve matchups with Volcarona, Mimikyu, Blaziken and in general provide an amazing partner to Bulu and my other change, Mence.
Sub-DD Mence provides a solid option to both toxic stall with sub-roost and setup, particularly against pokemon it commonly walls (with a sub up) such as Gliscor. In general I feel like Gyarados can't provide the same level of pressure that Mence can.

The main electric answer right now is Bulu, Hetaran and Mence can take on certain electric users but not as reliably. Looking into a ground type might be ideal. Landorus is the most obvious choice. Gliscor is another one. The stronger electric attackers do, however, threaten strong HP Ice. For this reason making sure Bulu can better take on Thundurus in particular is vital. Having enough speed to outrun it at -1, would be a good start for it.

edit per request of cant say:
Summary
Heatran: Magma Storm over Plume. change EVs to 252/252+ HP/SpDef
Bulu: Similar to Solerme's, but Iapapa over Sitrus. Would shout for more SpDef investment too.
Gyarados + Cresselia -> Salamence + Toxapex (Greater flexibility in game, more options etc.)

Last edited:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
At this stage, I actually don't think this team needs many changes in terms of the Pokemon on the team. The current team functions well and has proper support to accomplish what it needs to do, but some things can be optimized a bit.

I think I agree with cant say's suggestions almost entirely. Cresselia isn't bad but we didn't really go for the Trick Room route, and Helmet Landorus-T offers similar support while also offering much greater offensive utility and Stealth Rock support. It also adds an Electric immunity which is useful. Heatran's set is also a bit awkward and changing it to Magma Storm/Earth Power makes it much better, I think that alone fixes all the problems I had with the Bulu/Heatran core. AV Bulu is a really good fit on this team especially with the lack of reliable rain answers and the new Heatran is a much better stallbreaker so I'm fine with that. I don't think EQ Gyarados with Bulu is a problem though I can agree that Earthquake isn't necessary, especially if we add Landorus-T. I'm not sure Crunch is what we need though, might prefer to see Taunt or Substitute in that spot instead. I'd personally go Taunt.

As for the rest of the team, I think Blaziken and Lele are mostly fine and I can only really think of personal changes that I don't think are strict improvements to the team. The Electrium Z lure feels non-essential to the team though and I think SD Fairium Z Mimikyu arises as a great alternative here that keeps setup mons in check more easily, otherwise I think I'd prefer the Blaziken be changed to HJK with Firium Z or Mega. With Mimikyu I think changing Lele to a typical Scarf set becomes very appealing though.

I don't want to crowd this with so many formal nominations though, so for simplicity's sake I'm just going to bring up the Mimikyu option again since I think it works here, as well as changing Lele to Scarf if Blaziken is repleaced. I mainly just wanted to share that I think the team in its current state looks good and I don't think it needs to be changed too much.

In summary:
  • Agree with cant say's suggestions
  • Consider replacing Blaziken with Mimikyu
  • Scarf Lele if the above happens

To start, rementioning what I brought up before.
Lava Plume -> Magma Storm on Heatran. This will help tremendously against stall, and in general is a very solid option. I'd also change the evs to a basic 252/252+ HP/SpDef. Taking hits better from Lele is a big deal, far more valuable than speed.
The Bulu set I'm at odds with also. I just really dislike AV on this style of team. I think Iapapa Berry would be much better, and also allow access to either Leech Seed or Swords Dance.

Two pokemon changes I think are for the better:
Gyarados -> Salamence (Sub-DD)
Cresselia -> Toxapex (Phys Def, z-Haze)
Toxapex will improve matchups with Volcarona, Mimikyu, Blaziken and in general provide an amazing partner to Bulu and my other change, Mence.
Sub-DD Mence provides a solid option to both toxic stall with sub-roost and setup, particularly against pokemon it commonly walls (with a sub up) such as Gliscor. In general I feel like Gyarados can't provide the same level of pressure that Mence can.

The main electric answer right now is Bulu, Hetaran and Mence can take on certain electric users but not as reliably. Looking into a ground type might be ideal. Landorus is the most obvious choice. Gliscor is another one. The stronger electric attackers do, however, threaten strong HP Ice. For this reason making sure Bulu can better take on Thundurus in particular is vital. Having enough speed to outrun it at -1, would be a good start for it.

edit per request of cant say:
Summary
Heatran: Magma Storm over Plume. change EVs to 252/252+ HP/SpDef
Bulu: Similar to Solerme's, but Iapapa over Sitrus. Would shout for more SpDef investment too.
Gyarados + Cresselia -> Salamence + Toxapex (Greater flexibility in game, more options etc.)

I love the change of Toxapex. It gives us a bulky Water-Grass-Fire core with naturally good defenses and by adding Salamence we don't completely forgo Intimidate/Moxie either so nothing major is lost. You also get another Pokemon with reliable recovery and get the luxury of running one of the best anti-set up Pokemon this generation. And thanks to Pex's great dual defenses, Bulu no longer feels as pressured to where an Assault Vest. And as a bonus, it's easier for people to emulate this in their physical because a good Toxapex is WAY easier to get than a good Cresselia.

All that said, while replacing Heatran's Lava Plume with Magma Storm could be a boon, we may want to avoid putting Leech Seed on Bulu over SD. I am no BSS expert but although Leech Seed would be great for punishing switches, I think having Swords Dance would make Bulu much harder to trifle with.

PS: You say that Bulu could do with more Sp. Def investment. Just how much do you have in mind?

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok we've had a few pretty good suggestions. I'll list them all here and ask you guys to leave a yes/no/abstain vote next to them. The team could change a little, a lot, or not at all, but it depends on your votes!

If you need elaboration on a suggestion simply scroll up to find the original post...
  • swap Cresselia for Landorus-T
  • swap Cresselia for Toxapex and Gyarados to Salamence
  • edit Heatran's spread (to 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD) and add Magmar Storm & Earth Power
  • swap Earthquake for Crunch on Gyarados
  • swap Earthquake for Sub on Gyarados
  • swap Earthquake for Taunt on Gyarados
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Sitrus Berry with Leech Seed and a little more speed investment
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Iapapa Berry
  • change Blaziken from a physical Electrium Z set to a mixed Focus Sash (with Baton Pass) set
  • swap Blaziken for offensive Mimikyu
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Specs
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Psychium Z
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Scarf
for those that posted nominations (solerme, jhon, psynergy) please abstain on yours

--------------------------------

my votes:
  • swap Cresselia for Landorus-T - abstain
  • swap Cresselia for Toxapex and Gyarados to Salamence - yes
  • edit Heatran's spread (to 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD) and add Magmar Storm & Earth Power - abstain
  • swap Earthquake for Crunch on Gyarados - abstain
  • swap Earthquake for Sub on Gyarados - yes
  • swap Earthquake for Taunt on Gyarados - no
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Sitrus Berry with Leech Seed and a little more speed investment - abstain
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Iapapa Berry - abstain
  • change Blaziken from a physical Electrium Z set to a mixed Focus Sash (with Baton Pass) set - no
  • swap Blaziken for offensive Mimikyu - no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Specs - no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Psychium Z - no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Scarf - no

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
  • edit Heatran's spread (to 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD) and add Magmar Storm & Earth Power - yes
  • swap Earthquake for Crunch on Gyarados - no
  • swap Earthquake for Sub on Gyarados - no
  • swap Earthquake for Taunt on Gyarados - yes
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Sitrus Berry with Leech Seed and a little more speed investment - abstain
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Iapapa Berry - yes
  • change Blaziken from a physical Electrium Z set to a mixed Focus Sash (with Baton Pass) set - no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Specs- no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Psychium Z- no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Scarf- no

• swap Cresselia for Landorus-T - yes
  • edit Heatran's spread (to 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD) and add Magmar Storm & Earth Power - abstain
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Iapapa Berry - yes
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Specs- no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Psychium Z- no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Scarf- no

• swap Cresselia for Landorus-T abstain
  • swap Cresselia for Toxapex and Gyarados to Salamence yes
  • edit Heatran's spread (to 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD) and add Magmar Storm & Earth Power yes
  • swap Earthquake for Crunch on Gyarados yes
  • swap Earthquake for Sub on Gyarados no
  • swap Earthquake for Taunt on Gyarados no
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Sitrus Berry with Leech Seed and a little more speed investment no
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Iapapa Berry no
  • change Blaziken from a physical Electrium Z set to a mixed Focus Sash (with Baton Pass) set NO
  • swap Blaziken for offensive Mimikyu yes
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Specs yes
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Psychium Z no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Scarf no

• swap Cresselia for Landorus-T abstein
  • swap Cresselia for Toxapex and Gyarados to Salamence no
  • edit Heatran's spread (to 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD) and add Magmar Storm & Earth Power no
  • swap Earthquake for Crunch on Gyarados no
  • swap Earthquake for Sub on Gyarados abstein
  • swap Earthquake for Taunt on Gyarados abstein
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Sitrus Berry with Leech Seed and a little more speed investment abstein
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Iapapa Berry no
  • change Blaziken from a physical Electrium Z set to a mixed Focus Sash (with Baton Pass) set abstein
  • swap Blaziken for offensive Mimikyu no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Specs no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Psychium Z abstein
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Scarf no

Last edited:
  • swap Cresselia for Landorus-T - Yes
  • swap Cresselia for Toxapex and Gyarados to Salamence - abstain
  • swap Earthquake for Crunch on Gyarados - Abstain
  • swap Earthquake for Sub on Gyarados - No
  • swap Earthquake for Taunt on Gyarados - Yes
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Sitrus Berry with Leech Seed and a little more speed investment - Yes
  • change Blaziken from a physical Electrium Z set to a mixed Focus Sash (with Baton Pass) set - No
  • swap Blaziken for offensive Mimikyu - No
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Specs - No
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Psychium Z - No
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Scarf - Abstain

• swap Cresselia for Landorus-T - ye
  • swap Cresselia for Toxapex and Gyarados to Salamence - nah
  • edit Heatran's spread (to 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD) and add Magmar Storm & Earth Power - ye
  • swap Earthquake for Crunch on Gyarados - ye
  • swap Earthquake for Sub on Gyarados - nah
  • swap Earthquake for Taunt on Gyarados - nah
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Sitrus Berry with Leech Seed and a little more speed investment - nah
  • change Blaziken from a physical Electrium Z set to a mixed Focus Sash (with Baton Pass) set - nah
  • swap Blaziken for offensive Mimikyu - nah
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Specs - nah
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Psychium Z - abstain
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Scarf - abstain

Last edited:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
Battle Stadium Head
Adding another vote since there's not many votes and totally not because cant say asked.
  • swap Cresselia for Landorus-T - yes
  • swap Cresselia for Toxapex and Gyarados to Salamence - no
  • edit Heatran's spread (to 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD) and add Magmar Storm & Earth Power - yes
  • swap Earthquake for Sub on Gyarados - abstain
  • swap Earthquake for Taunt on Gyarados - abstain
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Sitrus Berry with Leech Seed and a little more speed investment - no
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Iapapa Berry - no
  • swap Blaziken for offensive Mimikyu - abstain
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Specs - abstain
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Psychium Z - abstain
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Scarf - abstain

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
hi cant say
  • swap Earthquake for Sub on Gyarados - no
  • swap Earthquake for Taunt on Gyarados - yes
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Sitrus Berry with Leech Seed and a little more speed investment - no
  • change Bulu from Assault Vest to Iapapa Berry - no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Scarf - no

I ran an analysis (basic information crossing) on this team so I could get a rough estimate of what the match-ups for it would look like and I thought you guys might want to take a look at it too. Disclaimer: It's probably and most definitely not 100% accurate.
for the original team

Cresselia -> Landorus-T

Gyarados -> Salamence

Blaziken -> Mimikyu

A few notes:
1 - I'm accounting for mostly the top 35 pokemon in the ladder for BSS as of season 6
2 - Subtitles for the threat list:
  • grey means at least 1 member is weak to this pokemon
  • dark orange means up to 2 party members are weak to this pokemon
  • red means up to 3 party members are weak to this pokemon
  • dark red means 4 or more party members are ill matched against this pokemon
3 - I set the threat panel by following a simple rule of thumbs: 1+ for every pokemon weak to it, -1 for every pokemon it is countered/checked by on our team and only show those with a counter >= 1. For now, I'm not taking movesets in consideration.

Anyways, my votes:
  • swap Cresselia for Landorus-T - no
  • change Lele from Focus Sash to Choice Scarf - yes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)