NOC Bard's College Mafia - Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prophylaxis I might later, but rn all I've got is gut.
Thanks.

Just a general mafia theory thing, but I want people to vote early and often. If you're town, then your vote and your voice are the only two weapons you have in order to catch scum. Plus, voting helps create a paper trail in which we can use to analyze later in the game. If you see me being really insistent on you taking a stance and voting someone, then this is why.

Popping back in because I forgot to answer a question.

Prophylaxis You'd probably need to look back at previous games to get the reference, but out of the gate Texas takes a pro-activity stance. The hyperbolic reference to past nocs is about the recent tendency for noc games to stagnate at some point. He then goes to talk about how we can prevent it from happening here.

You have me for an hour or so before I have to go do Thanksgiving.
I see where you're coming from, but all of that is something that can easily be faked if you're mafia, which is why I'm not townreading Texas for his opening posts. I want to see some actual scumhunting and interrogation come out of Texas, and his opening posts don't really reflect that.

I was slightly hoping that he would do something when I was asleep before I let the cat out of the bag (since if he's scum then he knows what to do, now) but I suppose now I'll just wait and see.

For the record, this is not my first Smogon Mafia game. This was.

I have played on other sites, yes. Joined this one because I saw this was one off away from firing, plus I was trying to look up some OU cores for the draft league I'm a part of. Plus, playing without expectations/reading people without the benefit of meta is something I like to do occasionally.
Tfw I was in that game

RIP

But yeah, that pretty much clears things up now

Tfw I had to drink to forget that game.

Blue seems shifty, but jumping on someone for answering a question meant for somebody else is giving me more of a sense that he's scumhunting. A good way to wreck Colombo scumhunting is to butt in and muddle the read by injecting your own opinion, and Blue seems to be taking Champ to task for that. Gut is getting conflicted here.

Mx is still not sitting well with me after reread. Being the second guy on the wagon and not understanding how that action could go wrong (hint: two man mislynch wagon born from RVS ffs) is null at best. I'm not getting any Town motivation from his actions.

Vote mxmts

Just a heads up that I may not be active comparative to some other players, most of the mafias I play in move slower, I'll try to make some decent reads though.
The Former Hope vs. Aura Guardian thing just seems like two people disagreeing over strats to me, although Former Hope's vote back onto Aura Guardian seems slightly sus? I suppose it's a natural reaction, but still. For the record, I'm against Former Hope's plan for the time being as well, I don't think it would help to claim anything this early in the game, it seems like a mafia-sided idea, but I can see how it would seem good. Anyway, null read on Aura Guardian and a slight sus read on Former Hope, but not enough to really matter. inb4 i'm attacked for not choosing a strong position, pls forgive me
Champ's vote on XnadrojX seems odd considering that he said he was voting him for being an 'inactive lurker' when XnadrojX had posted previously, he should've said "fluff poster" or something in that case. (And I could've agree with that classification, his first post was pretty fluffy) My guess is that he just didn't read the thread well enough. I also find it odd that he would vote on an 'inactive' before 24 hours had passed, but that's likely because I'm uninitiated with the frequent vote culture here, I'm used to votes being extremely strong scum accusations and votes on inactives being something you do towards the end of the day if anything, with PoS, FoS, and MFoS, etc. being used for indications of different levels of scumminess.
Also, I too see the irony in Aura Guardian going
Suspicious buddying. Unvote, Vote Champ1604. Explain better.

(And liking bluedoom a lot right now)
Do you mind explaining your read on bluedoom?

Also, while we're still in the phase where I can make jokes
Voting Hitmonleet until he finishes his walrus
and on a final note, if it seems like I skipped over a lot of stuff, I did, I'm just not good enough to casually come up with reads on everything because rip me.

Are you still scumreading Former Hope, then? What do you make of their alignment right now?

You think Champ's post was buddying, but you don't think this was?
It's Thanksgiving and Grandma is over, so my ability to pay attention for another couple days is limited. I missed that post while skimming.

We are too early in for a full scumread. However, Former Hope is the closest I have.

As for my read on bluedoom, as there's a post right above asking: gut feel from the direction of his posts. It feels like we were pointed in the same direction.

Tfw I had to drink to forget that game.

Blue seems shifty, but jumping on someone for answering a question meant for somebody else is giving me more of a sense that he's scumhunting. A good way to wreck Colombo scumhunting is to butt in and muddle the read by injecting your own opinion, and Blue seems to be taking Champ to task for that. Gut is getting conflicted here.

Mx is still not sitting well with me after reread. Being the second guy on the wagon and not understanding how that action could go wrong (hint: two man mislynch wagon born from RVS ffs) is null at best. I'm not getting any Town motivation from his actions.

Vote mxmts
Have to go for a while after this, but quick question: What do you mean exactly by this "Columbo Scumhunting" thing? I've seen the show, but I'm afraid I don't catch your drift.

Just a heads up that I may not be active comparative to some other players, most of the mafias I play in move slower, I'll try to make some decent reads though.
The Former Hope vs. Aura Guardian thing just seems like two people disagreeing over strats to me, although Former Hope's vote back onto Aura Guardian seems slightly sus? I suppose it's a natural reaction, but still. For the record, I'm against Former Hope's plan for the time being as well, I don't think it would help to claim anything this early in the game, it seems like a mafia-sided idea, but I can see how it would seem good. Anyway, null read on Aura Guardian and a slight sus read on Former Hope, but not enough to really matter. inb4 i'm attacked for not choosing a strong position, pls forgive me
Champ's vote on XnadrojX seems odd considering that he said he was voting him for being an 'inactive lurker' when XnadrojX had posted previously, he should've said "fluff poster" or something in that case. (And I could've agree with that classification, his first post was pretty fluffy) My guess is that he just didn't read the thread well enough. I also find it odd that he would vote on an 'inactive' before 24 hours had passed, but that's likely because I'm uninitiated with the frequent vote culture here, I'm used to votes being extremely strong scum accusations and votes on inactives being something you do towards the end of the day if anything, with PoS, FoS, and MFoS, etc. being used for indications of different levels of scumminess.
Also, I too see the irony in Aura Guardian going

Do you mind explaining your read on bluedoom?

Also, while we're still in the phase where I can make jokes
Voting Hitmonleet until he finishes his walrus
and on a final note, if it seems like I skipped over a lot of stuff, I did, I'm just not good enough to casually come up with reads on everything because rip me.
Boi

LF: Someone else who can share my burning passion for sparking hopes and dreams into the hearts and minds of town folk that they will be saved from days upon days of mislynching and WIFOM based arguments. Will be paid in chocolate

Prophylaxis has a nice opening, Texas is has been townily consistent.

Unvote; Vote Granny Pie

Clearly active yet makes meme response with no content. Even I say something offhand related to the game when I meme.
don't like this post too much either, like the combination of townreads jumping to a low hanging fruit feels bad even though it's prompting someone to contribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)