The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
i know theyve had a pretty easy schedule this season but im kind of jumping on the jaguars bandwagon the only above 500 teams they have left to play are the seahawks and the titans and i think the seahawks may be tough but they could definitely come out on top against the titans. also theyve proved themselves capable of beating the steelers so i could honestly see them at 11-5 or 12-4 by the end of the season
They could very well finish 13-3. Look at the remaining schedule. Can they beat the depleted 6-4 Seahawks at home? absolutely. If they win that game, they're likely looking at a 3-loss season going into the final game at Tennessee. With the improvements on run defense (they're allowing like 52 yds/game after adding dareus) and the insane ability of the pass defense, who can't they beat? Do i think they can go on the road and beat the patriots in the playoffs? Um, we saw how the defense dismantled pittsburgh on the road; and we know what belichicks gameplan will be: play very conservative on offense and try to smother the jags offense. A quick forced fumble and a pick could suddenly give the jaguars the lead - and if any defense ever can shut down tom brady, it's this one. Guys like Yannick Ngakoue would be breakout stars on other teams, considering how he took control of the game last week (2.5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles), yet he isn't even in the conversation of the top players on the jags defense. When guys like marcel dareus and malik jackson are role players on a defense, you know its really, really good, and has depth to boot.

Furthermore, lets say the jags get the win vs seattle and win week 17 vs tennessee. They'd be 13-3. lets say the pats lose in pittsburgh in week 15, which is a realistic scenario (albeit i would definitely pick the patriots). All of the sudden, the Jags are the #2 seed - and the pats are the #3. Whos the home team now?

People forget that what the Jags did in pittsburgh was a 3-phase effort. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, the jags led a 10 minute drive that started at their own 3 that consisted of nothing but running plays. With a defense that talented, small leads become insurmountable obstacles for an opposing team; so while I'm not saying the jaguars would beat the patriots in January, a few big plays could be a spark that turns into a shocking win.

My point in all this is that with a defense this good and the ability to run the ball the way the jags can, they really can beat anybody. that doesn't mean they will; it means that no matter who they're playing, they have a very good shot to win.

Harrison guess.

Eagles
Patriots
Saints
Steelers
Vikings
Rams
Jaguars
Panthers
Falcons
Lions

While Saints did let Washington score a lot, they rallied at the very end by Brees. Enough to stay ahead of the Steelers, I guess. Very likely Vikings could jump either since they beat the Rams so bad. The Rams drop big with their loss. Panthers stay safe on the bye. Hawks obviously drop hard, though would still be in the top ten if the Lions didn't win theirs. A lot of ugly teams everywhere outside this list.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
There’s a handful of ugly teams INSIDE that list. The whole league is a goddamn mess. The fact that we even have to entertain the idea of a 13-3 jags season is about all we need to know about the state of the league.

Up is down, down is up, dogs are fucking cats, and the sun rises in the West.

Lynch will start, yay. We'll have the third QB that sucks in a year. We're becoming the Browncos.

Btw, anyone here waiting to see Jags and Eagles in the Super Bowl? xD

Jags wont go all the way to the superbowl, Bortles is literally one of the worst quarterbacks in the league, dont get me wrong hes gotten better, but hes farrrrr from playoff material.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jags wont go all the way to the superbowl, Bortles is literally one of the worst quarterbacks in the league, dont get me wrong hes gotten better, but hes farrrrr from playoff material.
Rex Grossman once played in a super bowl.
Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer both won the super bowl
Joe Flacco won the super bowl AND AN MVP

Bortles can absolutely make a super bowl. Do I think he will? No, but it's more possible than you think, especially in a comparatively weak afc

You guys are crazy with this jaguars talk

I will never acknowledge that the jags are actually good because I picked them to be bad.

So instead of acknowledging my mistake and admitting that i'm wrong I'll just keep doubling down until they lose then act like I was right all along.

Daz how we do here in Murrica

Rex Grossman once played in a super bowl.
Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer both won the super bowl
Joe Flacco won the super bowl AND AN MVP

Bortles can absolutely make a super bowl. Do I think he will? No, but it's more possible than you think, especially in a comparatively weak afc
im not sure about Rex and Brad, but i know that Joe Flacco was never as bad as Bortles, and its more than just being bad, i doubt he can adjust or play well under playoff pressure.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I think:

Bortles is better than yalls giving him credit.

The Jags are worse than yalls giving them credit (but only a little).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)