Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there :)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-662973106

In this replay, turn 5 Rotom-W uses volt switch on Golisopod, causing Emergency Exit to activate and switch Golisopod into Lapras.

Then, in Turn 6, Rotom-W switches because of Volt Switch, while the the Lapras gets to attack, giving my opponent a free turn of sorts.

I believe this is an incorrect mechanic, but if not, my apologies.

Hey there :)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-662973106

In this replay, turn 5 Rotom-W uses volt switch on Golisopod, causing Emergency Exit to activate and switch Golisopod into Lapras.

Then, in Turn 6, Rotom-W switches because of Volt Switch, while the the Lapras gets to attack, giving my opponent a free turn of sorts.

I believe this is an incorrect mechanic, but if not, my apologies.
Actually, what happened is that Emergency Exit cancels the switch effect of Volt Switch and U-Turn. You, not knowing this and assuming you had to switch b/c of Volt Switch, swapped directly into Medicham, while Lapras took its turn as normal.

Are you serious?

I also made a post about this when S&M were added to showdown a year ago, and the response was that "we don't know what that means in-game, and until we do, we can't copy it!"
View attachment 91184
It's bad enough that you hadn't figured out the move's effects at that point (especially considering the fact that the move's in-game description gives at least enough information to ease research of the move), are you telling me that in the year that's passed since then you haven't even looked at the move AT ALL? And on the point of irrelevancy, if this was the reason the move hasn't even been glanced at at all, why did you bother to code in moves like Leafage?

That's not all, though. Today I had a battle using Dusk Mane Necrozma with its z-move, Searing Sunraze Smash. In the battle, I used the z-move against a Celesteela using Protect, and the damage was reduced to 25% of its original damage.
The problem is that the move ignores Protect and other protecting moves, and this much is even shown IN THE MOVE'S DESCRIPTION ON SHOWDOWN.
Replay (Turn 23): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-661964037
View attachment 91185
Keep in mind here that we're lucky to have showdown, and that it is what it is- Your post completely ignores the fact that people like Zarel spend a lot of time coding on showdown- Don't believe me? Go to the development room and just watch these guys work all day long. Try and have some respect for those who take their time out to help do things that bring you enjoyment- Although it is rather ironic that essentially you threw a "Stomping Tantrum" about the move Stomping Tantrum.
Otherwise, just want to say thank you to the coders who help bring showdown to us- Your work is appreciated. Hopefully this post doesn't get flagged or anything :P

It simply is not implemented yet, bcausee it was irrelevant in SM and the exact mechanis were unknown and - because it was irrelevant - never researched. Of course it is now relevant due to its much wider distribution, but it still takes some time to complete research and implement it ;)
Pretty sure it just has the power double if the state of the battle before using the previous move and after using it are the exact same.

Hello,

I'd like to report something I think is a bug : in the Balanced Hackmons metagame, if you have a Shedinja with Sturdy, the Sturdy will take effect at every attack it takes, instead of just once, which makes it almost invincible (except with poison). So with the move Endeavour and then Quick Attack it can kill any pokémon in two turns!

(You can see it in action in this replay : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-663336197 )

Hello,

I'd like to report something I think is a bug : in the Balanced Hackmons metagame, if you have a Shedinja with Sturdy, the Sturdy will take effect at every attack it takes, instead of just once, which makes it almost invincible (except with poison). So with the move Endeavour and then Quick Attack it can kill any pokémon in two turns!

(You can see it in action in this replay : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-663336197 )
That is intended behavior. Sturdy will always activite from full Hp, and for shedinja that is always. This is why shedinja is a thing in bh at all, although numerous methods of bypassing it exist.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hello,

So this actually isn't a bug - it's the intended behavior of how Sturdy and a Pokemon with 1 HP interact. Because of this, Sturdy Shedinja is a factor in Balanced Hackmons that you have to be able to take out - through status, weather, ability, or moves like Moongeist Beam. It's an effective pokemon for this reason (though certainly not broken), but definitely not a bug.

Actually, what happened is that Emergency Exit cancels the switch effect of Volt Switch and U-Turn. You, not knowing this and assuming you had to switch b/c of Volt Switch, swapped directly into Medicham, while Lapras took its turn as normal.
If that were the case, why did the switching text say "Rotom went back" rather than "Rotom, come back" like every other switch?

I encountered an interesting bug where I started turn one of a battle and closed the battle tab immediately but left PS open, and my internet was so slow that the Pokemon cries didn't load in time to be played. However, the cries continued to load in the background and gave me quite the fright when they suddenly played from the then disconnected PS tab a few minutes later, despite the battle they were playing from having been closed.

I have been trying Gen 7 Doubles lately, on my team I have a Cherrim, I will have a Sunny-Day already set, but the effects of Flower Gift (Attack and Special Defense boosts) never happen.
I don't see anything that looks as if it would be significantly affected by those boosts, so it's unclear whether they're applying or not. Did the tooltips (which aren't available in replays) not show the boost?

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I don't see anything that looks as if it would be significantly affected by those boosts, so it's unclear whether they're applying or not. Did the tooltips (which aren't available in replays) not show the boost?
None of the stat boosts were showing by it or anything, it just acted as a different sprite basically.

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-664585736

A Pixilated Normal move will hit ghosts, because it is turned into a fairy-type move, but when used in tandem with Normalium-Z, PS will still say that Breakneck Blitz is a Fairy-type, yet it will fail when used against a ghost type, because it's immune against it.

s/o A Cake Wearing A Hat for not trying to murder me Turn 1

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-664585736

A Pixilated Normal move will hit ghosts, because it is turned into a fairy-type move, but when used in tandem with Normalium-Z, PS will still say that Breakneck Blitz is a Fairy-type, yet it will fail when used against a ghost type, because it's immune against it.

s/o A Cake Wearing A Hat for not trying to murder me Turn 1
That visual bug has been in the game for a while already. Something like that happens with Hidden Power as well, showing the Hidden Power type instead of Normal for Breakneck Blitz.

It should still mention the Z move as a used move though right?
For those Z moves that have a known base move, the tooltip shows you that it consumed 1 PP of that base move. For Z moves with an unknown base move it can't do that, so it shows the Z move itself as the move that "used" PP.

For those Z moves that have a known base move, the tooltip shows you that it consumed 1 PP of that base move. For Z moves with an unknown base move it can't do that, so it shows the Z move itself as the move that "used" PP.
Ohh I understand. That makes perfect sense. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for making things clear :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)