Jaroda
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey man, I totally apologize for not showing up. Moved into university this weekend and our battle slipped my mind. If you want the win it's yours, my bad
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    It's ok I wasn't here either. There's still time tonight or tomorrow
    bywater
    bywater
    Do you want to play today, soonish before the deadline?
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    If possible. I'm home now if you are
    Thundurus could be on option but I think you handle stall really well with MixNape as it is. Maybe try fitting on Grass Knot on the Nape set? Thundurus is an option but then Mega Manectric eats you alive
    Analytic
    Analytic
    Gives the team a potential wincindition too
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    Great. :) What should the EVs be besides max speed? And assuming CM, Thunderbolt and HP Ice, do you think ShadowBall or Substitute is better in the last slot?
    Analytic
    Analytic
    Substitute
    Hey Jaroda, I was thinking about trying to put together a team with a FWG core, and I want Talonflame and Sceptile as the F and G part of it. As for W, I was considering Rotom-W until I saw you mention Starmie with Rapid Spin. That would really help out clearing SR for Talonflame. Was Starmie underwhelming for you, or do you think this is a good core to start with?
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    I didn't use it for long, but bulky Reflect Type Starmie was by far the most useful and favorite of mine. It's a natural absorber of Scald attacks and abuser itself and Reflect type seriously screws with so many switch ins. You wall Bisharp switch ins for example that don't have Low Kick and you're free to fish for a Scald burn or switch out with a Pursuit resist. It's got the fastest Rapid Spin in the game I believe and it was pretty handy overall. Definitely something to try out.

What were you considering for Talonflame: SD, CB or stallbreaker? It's hard to say what has the most merit, because Sceptile scels with U-Turn support, but stallbreaker Talonflame would help the core against defensive teams.
    Jahordon
    Right now I was thinking about using MSceptile + Rotom-W + SD Talonflame so I can get Sceptile in safely with the slow volt switch from Rotom. Excadrill would probably be necessary as my Rapid Spinner.

If I use Starmie as my Rapid Spinner, I would have to find another slow voltturner to get Sceptile in safely. I love LandoT, but I think my team would be super susceptible to Ice Beam/Shard spam. Maybe Scizor?
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    I too loved Scizor for Defog/U-Turn support. Bullet Punch is also extremely useful for Fairy and Ice types that Sceptile needs help with.
    Howdy Jaroda. I was curious bout taking your Dragagle set out for some fun and was wondering if ya got anything you'd like to suggest as far as team or so before i go and commit to team building.
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    Sup. Well, I feel like I've gone pretty in depth in good partners throughout the thread. Skarmory, Mega Sableye, Mega Gyarados, Mega Camerupt, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Metagross, Bisharp, Togekiss, Latios, and Hydreigon are all pretty decent. It depends where you want to share your weaknesses. But in general Black Sludge performs better if you focus on semi-stall and keeping hazards up, or bulky offense with more focus on damage. Either way, hazard and Wish support go a long way. I'm curious to see what you come up with!
    Salemance
    Salemance
    It was more just trying to here current opinion as I didn't know if the opinion had changed much since you had wrote that. Ill be sure to give ya a heads up on it during the break though
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    Cool. Can't wait to see what you come up with
    Which set/spread do you recommend most for Mega Glalie?
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    Mind you, I haven't gotten to test him much. Best I could figure theoretically I posted in the Glalie thread.
    I like the new profile picture! I like the effect (I'm not sure what you'd call it, or I just can't think of the name right now haha). Is Greninja your favorite Kalos starter?
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    Oh I just took the Smash Bros. U image for my progfile pic. Froakie was my starter pick for Gen VI
    Aaron's Aron
    Aaron's Aron
    Oh. Haha Froakie was my starter too. I didn't realize that was the Smash Bros picture though. But now I look, I see that.
    Hey. I'm looking for new friends for X/Y. I added your 3DS code, could you please add mine? 2595-1884-9427
    "Oh, you're not making new threads for each one? Not everyone is going to see the topic is on Char Y now, things might get hectic."
    It says to read post #74 of the new thread and that it is week 2 in the title. As a fail safe, I also added that we moved to week 2 with the new set in the OP. I don't think anyone will continue discussing Mega Luke.
    Yet it was just put on the viability thread of B ranking..... Oh well then. Thanks then craze

EDIT: Oh wait, its open again....okay XD
    Hey, do you happen to know why the Krookodile thread got locked?
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    Most likely not deserving its own thread for not having anything new or being OU relevant enough
    Snorlax cannot be reserved yet. It has the (EP) tag.

Regirock is not up for reservations either. If you believe it deserves an OU analysis, post why in the thread and QC will address it.
    Is that Twilight Sparkle in your avatar?
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    So it would appear yes lol. Although I did not realize it at the time I saved the pic, which I just happened to like. I don't watch the show, even though I've seen an episode or two and would probably like it
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Is good avatar
    Saw your Weakness Policy Lapras set; loved it. I've been looking for an excuse to run Lapras, because she's one of my favorite pokemon. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    Oh thanks you! How has it been fairing for you? I admittedly hadn't gotten to test it yet but it sounds good in theory.
    WaffleLeech
    Ha, well, I haven't used it yet. I'm breeding good IV's for Lapras and getting Sleep Talk and Freeze Dry is a bit of a hassle. I'm going to use it in game on my Mono Water team, so unfortunately, I can't attest to how effective it is against seasoned players. But it's a cool set idea nonetheless. I'm also breeding a secondary, Rest Rain dance Hydration Lapras variation of your set so I can have a second rain setter.
    Greetings! Can we exchange friend codes for safari? I would be much obliged, been lookin for a helioptile safari. My FC is 0361-7330-0756
    Thank you!
    Jaroda
    Jaroda
    Sure thing my good man.
    Bluntman
    Bluntman
    Awesome! Thank you Jaroda!
    Hey Jaroda Its stabmaster- Im new to smogon and just recently made a team called 'Gen V Victors! Begin!' and I was wondering if you could help me out with a rate- thanks!
    Thanks for the rate and I need a good wall chomp spread and I was wondering if you could help. Just reply the set in my thread please. And thanks for the rate if I haven't said it already.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…