vonFiedler
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I was talking about A Quiet Place, I removed all instances of the film name when I was editing by accident. There was a paragraph about the theatre experience that I deleted.

Fixed it in edits tho
    Since you claimed literature is better than film because it can explore narrative and characters more deeply, would you say you believe narrative itself is the highest form of art?

How would you compare that then to art forms that don't have narrative, like music or abstract art? Or would you say narrative is always implied in everything? (I might agree with that)
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    It's undoubtedly a personal bias, but yes, I think narrative is the highest form of art. I don't however think that music is lacking in narrative, even instrumentals. And I think abstract art often has more narrative than traditional art.

This is also why, on a sliding scale of more fictional to more realistic, I am more likely to like things that are on the fictional end.
    "Now Reading: One Hundred Years of Solitude"

crazy.

Also if you like it, read Marquez's Nobel Prize speech after you're done. I think you'll find it interesting.
    Props for making a "What do you want from <forum I moderate>?" thread in the actual forum itself, not in IS for some big circle jerk of elite badgeholders who don't participate in said forum to throw in their 2 cents.
    Nix_Hex
    Nix_Hex
    Glad you took it into your hands. It sucks when people "above" you have no vested interest in your corner of the forum yet try to have a say in your decisions.
    Nix_Hex
    Nix_Hex
    Not to mention that the criteria for status in Socialization is extremely hard to define, unlike C&C where everything is structured and it's relatively easy to get mods (get the two badges and be active on Discord). I'd rather trust the people who love Soc to make the decisions since it's such a different forum from the rest.
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    We've been talking about status and we didn't see a lot of viable people to recognize atm. We're hoping that changes if we give more people more stuff to do.
    yo, you're reading the count of monte cristo rn??? one of my fave books, i'd love to discuss it with you sometime!
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    It's really good so far, even though he only just escaped the prison and I have a LOT of book to go.
    skies
    skies
    whew boy it gets a lot better
    you deleted my post from the PC thread. Did I say something wrong? I'm just wondering if I broke any rules.
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    I deleted the post it was responding to.

Honestly you shouldn't really say things like "I don't want to deal with most of your crappy post" either, but that post was fucking awful
    mew-2Chainz
    mew-2Chainz
    oh okay, I'll try not be so snarky next time.
    How dare you delete that hilarious temper tantrum. On a related note, your VM page is... interesting.
    OLD GREGG (im back baby)
    OLD GREGG (im back baby)
    I'm just doing a bit o the good old saber rattling. These kids very appearent lack of real world experience frustrates me to no ends. I'm not mad just disappointed. I'm not just spouting shit I've read or heard about. Im telling it like it is and they cant handle the truth. I'd like to think one day they will look back and realize what I'm talking about, but that won't ever happen unless they actually get out and live life. Which is very unlikely.
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    Greg, I will never be convinced that such an insufferable edge lord has "lived life". Stop talking about your age and start acting like it.
    can i make a new u.s politics thread
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    I don't want another "broad" politics thread. But you're free to make any thread where the OP has content.
    There, you got your damn argument. Now find a reason to hide it.
    Divine Retribution
    Divine Retribution
    I'll delete that part of my post because it isn't relevant to the discussion anyways, and one I don't wish to degrade my argument with petty venting, and two I don't wish to stoop to your level.

Consider it an olive branch.
    Divine Retribution
    Divine Retribution
    Well, actually it looks like you beat me to it.
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    "olive branch"
    "stoop to your level"

We're not enemies.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…