CallMeLefty
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Bad stab when? Mountain Time
    CallMeLefty
    CallMeLefty
    Im available from now to 10 pm cest today, which should be from 12 pm to 2 pm for you. tomorrow im av from 8 am to 2 pm mountain time, and on the next days it should be from 6 am to 10 am mountain time.
    Tornadus-Therian
    Tornadus-Therian
    I've been on all of the times so far, but haven't seen you. Do you want to shoot for tomorrow?
    Tornadus-Therian
    Tornadus-Therian
    The games are due in 2 days. When do you want to play?
    Can u implement the Mega Diancie check soon?
    CallMeLefty
    CallMeLefty
    Due to how much M-Diancie has changed without EV limitation, I dont really think it can be done without a major revamp. Unfonrtunately, I haven't been playing BH enough recently to actually be able to write sthing relevant and well-informed.
    I haven't been following the analysis thread because i thought it was on hold considering how much EV limitation removal changes. I should have said that way earlier and I apologise for not doing so, but I am dropping the analysis because I don't feel like I can currently do something good with it.
    Quantum Tesseract
    Quantum Tesseract
    You were strawmanning, being insulting, and doing so on a topic irrelevant to the conversation. This is called debating in bad faith because you are entering the argument without any intention of responding to the points being raised, and instead respond to the person making them.

I might regret asking this, but on what topic do you feel I was completely wrong? I think I backed up my definitional claims with the accurate sources:
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_pokemon_dictionary#roles
    http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue32/checks-and-counters
    Quantum Tesseract
    Quantum Tesseract
    I apologize for taking it so badly, then. If it wasn't your intention there was no call for me to insult you, and by doing so I forfeit any moral high ground I might have. If this is you not getting what I'm saying, then I should have dealt with it at the source- what's not being understood.
    CallMeLefty
    CallMeLefty
    The main time you were being wrong was when calling lati@s a check to -ates, for example. This was quite minor though. The thing was that my argument was so important that counter-example made it completely false, so i had to show that every one of them was wrong.

Regarding definitions, the argument is quite stale and didn't need to get that much tension but, just to keep it going now that we both have calmed down:
    a wall can counter multiple mons thanks to its bulk, just like skarmory counters lando, lopunny...
    a counter is meant to prevent any mon from being a threat, and basically gets a free switchin every time. skarmory gets a free switchin on lopunny as long as you keep it healthy
    a check is meant to take on a threat long enough to take it on. for instance, landorus-t can check lopunny for long enough to let its teammates win by setting up, but it cannot infinitely switch into it.
    a wall is a better counter who is a better check.
    The second link you gave is a good reference for the last two.

Sorry if i appeared like i was just trying to put you down, i got unnecessarily mad :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…