Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
for once I agree with you lol, Grey Jedi are so stupid.

I think Pablo Hidalgo put it best when he said "it's like saying 'I'm a Vegetarian who eats meat once in a while'"
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
is there actually an established grey jedi code btw
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
No, just made up stuff
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
oh I see. Also I think Grey Jedi is a really bad idea. Jedi are supposed to be good already. It's all because George turned the Jedi into a creepy incompetent cult in the prequels so they have to salvage it
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
now I like the idea of a Grey Jedi as a Jedi who left the order without being seduced by the Dark Side. Someone wandering and confused, like Ashoka or what it looks like Luke will be. But I don't think it should be shown as a good thing
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
I think a grey jedi should use force chokes and lightning and exploding death wave powers, but only on bad guys.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
no sarcasm pls I wnat a real discussion
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
honestly that's not much different from the traditional anti-hero trope though
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Yeah. I think that a guy who actually embraces a larger point of view of the force would be awesome, without being seduced by old gay sith lords and want to RULE THE GALAXY. Like there's nothing wrong with shooting lightning out of your hands.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I think the Lightning is evil because it's the one force move that is purely offensive without any utility. Same with choking people. Whereas Jedi moves are always neutral. Just moving stuff with your mind is not evil and has utility. Same reason they originally use light sabers rather than guns. And remember Yoda says Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense, not attack. Choking and lightning only attack
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
plo koon used the lightning. And only using the force for defense is lame. I think it's ok to be offensive as long as you're not like getting off on people's suffering. What's wrong with using emotions to make you stronger?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
It messes with your Zen thing, man.

It's not like it's just some shittzle Lucas made up. Draws from the Buddhist idea of contentment and serenity. In a more practical sense it's kinda like Tim Roth in The Hateful Eight or Rachel in Batman Begins. Justice must be delivered without passion. Otherwise you're just getting mad and getting revenge, and not doing something just because it's right. Fighting for the wrong r
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
easons essentially
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
But I don't care about justice. I just care about having a good life. I'm not gonna follow some dumb moral code club but I'm not gonna torture dudes either
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Then you are a Grey Jedi lul
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Dann right. But I don't see how why it's so bad to support this lifestyle
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Some people claim the Sith are the real good guys, unironically. It's all a point of view. Anakin had it right dude.

Anyway I don't not support the existence of Grey Jedi (Qui-Gon was a good example of one, as was Count Dooku for a little while). I just think the treatment of them in story and fanon is kind of like a Mary Sue, like they get to be edgy and cool like bad guys but still be good guys!! They're just so