Zarel
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Zarel I have to tell u something there a person in the ubers ladder named sweetlol2 and he is clearly boosting and cheating and had a gxe of 99.3 can u please have him be banned thank you.:) He lost so many battles impossibel to get a a gxe that high and Im pretty sure that that he has other accounts too underneatht hat account if u can pls help thanks.
    Hey Zarel, could you make it so tournament draws can be scrolled through on mobile? There is no rush, I just wanted to ask.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Unfortunately I didn't write the tournament code and I don't know how to fix it...
    I need a format for Gen 1 Anything Goes asap! Thanks.
    GuestTrainer7
    GuestTrainer7
    Is the Gen 1 Custom Game available now? Or something that will be available in the future? Also, I specifically said "anything goes" because I don't like clauses.
    GuestTrainer7
    GuestTrainer7
    Oh, I see now. You have to challenge someone in order to do a custom game. Hopefully I'll be able to find an opponent for Gen 1 Stadium. Thanks :)
    GuestTrainer7
    GuestTrainer7
    A format for pokemon stadium 1 anything goes needs to be added. Gen 1 custom has the hyperbeam glitch where you can still move if you kill with it.
    Are the hideously large gen 5 sprites gonna stay? It's so obnoxious (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) i get trynna replicate the games but it just doesn't look right at all it's just distracting how huge they are now
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I still like how they look :/
    I noticed that when searching for a battle, the client sends the team, waits a few seconds, then sends the command to search for a game. Is there a reason it doesn't instead wait for the server to send back an ack message of some sort? I can only imagine this would be quicker on most connections, and safer in any case.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    It doesn't need an ack message. The waiting a few seconds is so you have time to click "Cancel" if it was a misclick.
    DoW
    DoW
    I see, thanks!
    Excuse me , Is there a team manager that can be used offline? An .exe programs you can collect and manage a large number of teams on your PC
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Not at the moment, although I'm slowly working towards that end.
    Can you make it so that if someone disconnects, what they have written is saved if they choose to select 'Work Offline'?

It'll help a lot since I, myself, in general, have this happen to me occasionally when trying to message someone, and it sort of disrupts whatever I was previously trying to say in the process having to start all over again with whatever specific message I wanted to send before a disconnection.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    That makes sense. Yeah, I'll work that into the next redesign.
    Hello, out of boredom i've been thinking of ways to step up security. Couldn't automatically unregistering newly made alts that haven't been used in a week (not sure how many times it would need to be used, or the timeframe) solve the problem of spammers making new batches of alts, as well as people just taking alts and never using them again?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    That's not at all a security issue, you know.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    It's not necessarily a bad idea, but a problem is that most of the more desirable accounts were registered a long time ago and wouldn't be affected by this kind of change. Plus, we would need to figure out some way to tell users about this.
    Hey, I just wanted to bring up my thoughts on the COIL issue since I kinda sparked a lot of the controversy in UU with my post in the NP thread.
    Anyway, I like what you've done with the system but maybe you could value GXE so better players can finish faster, since 1 gxe = 1 game seems a bit unbalanced as you need multiple games to increase GXE by a significant amount usually. Maybe weighting it something like:
    DurzaOffTopic
    DurzaOffTopic
    (GXE x [multiplier]) + 80 >130 or something along the lines of this. I can't really elaborate on the reasoning more (basically making reqs even more streaky is more lucky etc.) because character count in VMs but I think you understand what I'm getting at. Again I really appreciate what you've done to contribute to what I believed to be a seriously flawed system and this is going to make it better.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I was honestly mostly shitposting. The thing is that you need to play a lot of battles to get a GXE significantly higher than 80 anyway, so you're not _really_ going to be able to undercut the minimum battle count by very much no matter what.
    DurzaOffTopic
    DurzaOffTopic
    yeah thats what I was thinking by that, so thats why I was suggesting the multiplier to actually be able to undercut the minimum battle count and reward players with better gxe
    hey, do you care about having sprites for all the unown forms? i can do it, but i wanted to clarify
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Wouldn't mind!
    Hecate
    Hecate
    ok! I’ll have them probably after the S/M shiny backsprites
    isn't the purpose of COIL to just represent how close you are to achieving reqs in a more comprehensible way?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGyh1EquEXc
    10:20 Emergency exit goes, then volt switch made a switch for some reason too, which it shouldn't, and then the team of Golisopod chose a move and hit it on the switch in from the volt switch
    Also, where do I find the bug report page?
    Thanks in advanced, and happy new year!
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Turn 18: Zekrom uses Volt Switch, Emergency Exit activates, Volt Switch is prevented from switching (which is how Emergency Exit is supposed to work)
    Turn 19: Zekrom switches to Dragalge, Venomoth uses Sludge Bomb
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Everything in there is working as intended, as far as I can tell.
    Meidan
    yep
    my bad
    hello!i want to play PS but my name is registered and my password is incorrect?!any advice?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Use a different name?
    Oh, one more thing for now.

Would regular user-made rooms ever return as a feature to Showdown as it was before?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Hopefully!
    Hi! Do you know Serene Grace is coded in PS to multiply the probability of quick claw activating for attacking moves?

I digged everywhere -- the only thing I saw was that SG boosts King's Rock/Razor Fang flinch chance on moves without an inherent flinch capacity, so I assume the same is true for Quick Claw.

Scenario: SG Togekiss uses psychic while holding Quick Claw = 40% chance priority AND 20% Spdf drop chance?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Serene Grace does not currently apply to Quick Claw activation chance. Are you saying it should? Marty?
    Marty
    Marty
    It's not and it shouldn't; Quick Claw is not a secondary effect.
    I know u probably wont but, I want a custom avatar. I know i need to "earn" it but, I would like one. Is there any way i can help u and get a custom avatar? thx.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Not by asking, no.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…