UU Can Party Too - Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
UU Can Party Too
aka Lower Tiers Need Love

Approved by Earthworm and the Tournament Director Team?
Hosted by SethZiBritannia

Tournament Description:

UU, BL (and BL2), and RU have some excellent threats just waiting in the wings for OU players to bring them into the mix. Underrated Pokemon run amok in the lower tiers. This is the premise of this tournament. Each round, pokemon will be randomly selected from lower tiers (UU, RU, BL[2], and possibly NU) and presented in a list in the OP. The player’s job is to choose two Pokemon from this list and build an OU team around those Pokemon.

The list of pokemon to choose from will be randomly generated and about twelve pokemon long. 3 will be definitely UU, 5 will be definitely RU, and the rest will be randomly generated from all tiers (BL - NU). This tournament will test your ability to implement lower tier Pokemon into a harsh OU metagame, and also test your ability to adapt to newer threats with which you OU players may not be as readily familiar.

This tournament emphasizes teambuilding, as the lists will change each round.

This is BW2 OU, not BW1 OU.

Tournament Rules:
• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
• Standard OU - Singles
• Best of one
• Single elimination
• The banlists for this tournament are the same as for the ladders of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Online.
• No, absolutely any circumstances, johns.
• You must submit the log so I’m sure you followed the tournament regulations, and so I can track the metagame. I will release metagame statistics at the end.

Battle Clauses:
• Evasion Clause
• OHKO Clause
• Sleep Clause
• Species Clause
• Timed Battle
• Wifi Clause

Signups: Sign-ups will last approximately for 48 hours. However, if there is a significant demand for this tournament, I will extend the deadline.

Depending on how many people sign-up, this tournament will be 64, 96, 128, or 256 man. The first 62.5% of the people who sign-up are guaranteed in while the remaining 37.5% will be randomly selected. If you do not get in, I will accept substitutes starting in round 1.

1. This could be you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)