2010 music

with 2 weeks of 2009 left i thought we'd start discussing some of the stuff we're looking forward to in 2010, and discuss said stuff when it's released. i'm looking forward to

hadouken! - for the masses
vampire weekend - contra
does it offend you, yeah? - don't say we didn't warn you
arcade fire's album

only four but that's the stuff that i've heard is coming out, there's probably loads more out there and i will update with new albums i want!

also uffie

this is pretty much all i care about until it comes out

also possible new radiohead coming out next year!

Hmm lets see what I've heard so far

New Arcade Fire
I believe Portugal The Man has another album coming

Drawing blanks on the rest, will update later.

is the first thing that comes to mind. very excited for this.

oh, liars "sisterworld"! new track can be found here.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
new national album coming out

also if sufjan stevens ever records any of the songs that he played live a few months back that will be an amazing record.

anticipating OK Go - Of The Blue Colour of the Sky (1/12) and new Massive Attack (2/8). Also looking forward to Pendulum - Immersion in May

edit: forgot to mention new cake album most likely will be released next year as well

Flounder ILU - Immersion better be huge. Hold your colour was 'aite, In Silico was awesome so yeah, can't wait!

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
burzum - belus

the man spent 16 years in prison, and it's been a decade since he released anything. im excited for this.

The releases I'm looking forward to are Alter Bridge's third studio album as well as Myles Kennedy's side project solo album. In the metal area I am waiting to hear Triptykon's debut album. Triptykon is Tom Warrior's new band to those who might be familiar with Celtic Frost.

Ahhh, the price of being METAL AS FUCK

Minus the Bear - TBA
Hadouken! - For the Masses
The Young Veins - Take a Vacation
Angra - TBA
Coheed and Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow (._.)
Alter Bridge - Alter Bridge III
MGMT - Congratulations
Panic! at the Disco - TBA
Blink 182 - TBA
Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
Iron Maiden - TBA

Maybe more but that's what I'm looking forward to as of now :I

Cooky

Banned deucer.
also uffie
Uffie needs a slap. So does, like, all of French Electro. Especially fucking Kitsune.

Considering that some of the best music is spontaneous and underground, I think it might be more appropriate to name artists set to explode into 2010, as official releases are a luxury afforded to few upcoming artists. I hope Noisia, Nero, Sukh Knight, Ellie Goulding, DJ Hype and Joker can capitalise on some of their awesome releases.

Pre-empting the hype is awesome if you can pull it off.

Exodus - Shovel Headed Tour Machine
Suicidal Tendencies - Live At Olympic Auditorium
Overkill - Ironbound
Meshuggah - Alive
Dark Tranquillity - We Are the Void
At the Gates - The Flames of the End
Immolation - Majesty and Decay
Triptykon Eparistera Daimones
Deftones - Diamond Eyes
Exodus - Exhibit B: The Human Condition
Cynic - Re-Traced
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Amorphis - Forging the Tales From the Thousand Lakes
Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
Kataklysm - Heaven's Venom
Toxik - Think Again DVD
Neurosis - Live At Roadburn 2007
Death Angel - Relentless Retribution
Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini
Sodom - In War and Pieces
Anthrax - Worship Music
Atheist - Jupiter
Gojira - TBA
Morbid Angel - TBA
Onslaught - TBA

fuck my taste has changed a lot since i posted this, so editted my list. This includes every album that could even be slightly good, whether or not it's been released or not or if I've heard it or not.

new arcade fire, new radiohead, new crystal castles, maybe a new daft punk, they've been renting out jim henson studios for ever

Blink-182, MGMT, Vampire Weekend, Hellogoodbye, and Angels & Airwaves. I'm especially looking forward to AVA's new album because it comes out along with a movie that looks pretty deep, both for free.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Only one is maybe Detox.

Otherwise, I've lost hope for all mainstream rap, especially hearing some trashy mainstream songs from a potential rapper in our school. I mean, his first single off his mixtape talks about swag and bitches.

Underground and remixes is what I look forward too. A random selections from classical, to soft rock, to techno is what I now listen to.

Only one is maybe Detox.

Otherwise, I've lost hope for all mainstream rap, especially hearing some trashy mainstream songs from a potential rapper in our school. I mean, his first single off his mixtape talks about swag and bitches.

Underground and remixes is what I look forward too. A random selections from classical, to soft rock, to techno is what I now listen to.
detox has officially fallen victim to 'duke nukem syndrome' i'm afraid

in the meantime enjoy this, i hope that the album art is nothing like the actual content

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
detox has officially fallen victim to 'duke nukem syndrome' i'm afraid

in the meantime enjoy this, i hope that the album art is nothing like the actual content

Agreed. 100%. If he drops another album about drugs... man that was overdone in the chronic.

Wait speaking of Dre, doesn't Em have a new album next year called the Relapse 2?

I really hope that he doesn't try rapping with that God awful accent again.

shitting my pants for los campesinos! - romance is boring at the start of the year, followed by the new national album

had no idea about new arcade fire, but aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

also:

ace bushy striptease with another album at some point next year (these guys do short bursts of songs that are always in your face and never repetitive. they record short albums, usualy 20-30 minutes, and release them as free downloads on their blog. really getting into them lately)

we aeronauts with their first recording, a 5 track ep at the start of next year. been following these guys for a while now and im really excited to see how it turns out

and possible new releases from a few others, on top of the bigger releases like radiohead

sorry for double posting, but the new lc! album leaked and it is reeeealy fucking good! i'd put it somewhere between the very twee begginings of hold on now, youngster.. and we are beautiful, we are doomed where they tried to grow up a bit.

listening through a second time, and im not dissapointed at all. so worth the wait :x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)