2017/18 (Soccer) Football Thread

The only two matches won by Honduras were against Trinidad and yet they've beaten Mexico lol

Here comes the wall

If you knew what had happened, you would be enojed

So, the European Championship Semi-Finalist and Copa America Winner failed to qualify for the World Cup. Not long since their impressive feats too. I wonder what went wrong.

As for the US, it was expected when Arena got the job lol.

*sigh* It was THE chance for Argentina to get rid of a vastly overrated generation and go into a bright future but it was wasted. All thanks to Ecuador not bothering to defend.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
So, the European Championship Semi-Finalist and Copa America Winner failed to qualify for the World Cup. Not long since their impressive feats too. I wonder what went wrong.

As for the US, it was expected when Arena got the job lol.
Not much for Wales really, they were in probably the hardest group and were undefeated up until the last game, in which Bale couldn't play due to injury.

Let's be honest: w/o Messi, Argentina sucks. A lot. Poor keeper, poor backs, poor midfielders and Higuain sucks.
yes, Argentina consists of Messi, Lionel Messi, Lionel Andrés Messi, the GOAT (no I do not think he is better than Ronaldo, and no I do not think Ronaldo is better than Messi either), and that player who wears #10 for FC Barcelona

I'm happy we didn't lose against Man Utd but yeah we could have done better. Man Utd sat back instead of attacking a team low in confidence.
I reckon with Mane you could have pressed for a win but it was always going to be hard when (A) Man Utd have a pretty good defence and (B) it's Mourinho and a title rival, he'll aim to not lose rather than win

Have to disagree on Immobile, he was good for that one season at Torino and that was it. But yeah, that's basically what I said about not having promising youth to rely on, with the exception of Donnarumma, who won't be getting the nod over Buffon any time soon.
What about this Immobile? ;)

That second goal for Watford shouldn't have been a goal, on account of Arsenal players doing fuck all to stop it.

EDIT: Apparently there are questions as to whether it was offside...how about defending for your life instead of trying to appeal to a referee who may very well disagree?

Honestly the way they walk back to the box must be infuriating for Arsenal fans. Don't forget Man City put 6 past Watford. Title contenders put other teams to the sword, not bottle it and let teams back into the game.

Last edited:
It makes me sick how the board and Wenger and treating this Arsenal club.

Yes plenty of clubs have it worse off than Arsenal..but the fact remains.. embarrassment. No real direction. Quality players want out.

Club is Banter FC through and through.

Why bother waiting all week for the match, supporting them, when it’s all for nothing and you’re basically just a sucker.

De Bruyne has to be the best player to watch right now. His vision and range of passing this season is up there with the best I have ever seen; Zidane, Pirlo, Ozil-at-his-best type of passes. With that kind of accuracy with a powerful long range shot, he is basically the perfect CM right now.

Speaking of Ozil, it looks like he has given up this season. He had that one season where he got 19 assists for Arsenal and I think he really tried that season. But then everyone still criticised him and he had a mediocre season last term and now he looks like he really can't be fucked anymore. Xhaka is a unique type of player who doesn't like to defend yet still manages to foul people constantly. I'd even take Coquelin right now because we just need one player, just one defensive player, in that backline. Mertesacker can't run or even turn around, Monreal is always bombing forward trying to get a cross in which just gets in the way of Kolasinac, Koscielny can't last half a game nowdays without going off injured. We just need one player to sit in front of that shitshow and put a foot in from time to time. If that happened we'd have gotten 1-1 against Watford and the way things are going I'd bite your hand off for 1-1s all the way to the end of the season.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Northern + Southern Ireland managed to get the easiest draws, lucky for them. I still think Switzerland+Denmark are better than both of them, but I think it'll be close.
Italy and Croatia should win their games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)