30/31/31/30/31/31 Jolly Self-Destruct Mewtwo Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIVE YEARS OF RNG!

MEWTWOS REMAINING: 7

BACKGROUND:
Hey everyone! If you're new and aren't too familiar with me outside of being that guy with the hack check post OP, let me tell you a little about myself. I'm TheMantyke and I use to RNG and give away a ton of Pokemon back in the first half of Gen 5. I also provided and distributed most of the Pokemon Smogon's Facebook page gave away back when it was finding its legs in Fall 2014. If you've ever come across OT Roarke, that's probably me! Nowadays I'm not too active, Pokemon mostly being limited to chatting on IRC and hitting up my local Pokemon League, but today I'm here to give something out!

Back on 4/3/2011, I caught my first RNG manipulated Pokemon, a Jolly 31/31/31/14/31/31 Landours. Since then, it's been three years and I've done 450 more of these things, even completing an RNG dex. This Mewtwo's #451 on my list so its doubling as a giveaway for hitting 450 and a 5 year anniversary!

THE MEWTWO:

Mewtwo
Nickname?: No
OT: Roarke
TID: 47438
Originally From: Kanto
Pressure
Jolly
30/31/31/30/31/31
Likes to Thrash About
-Zen Headbutt
-Ice Punch
-Low Kick
-Self Destruct
Distributions rights: Fully Redistributable. Just credit me if you do, please.

LEGALITY TRANSPARENCY REPORT:
FRLG RNG is pretty uncommon and for good reason. It's basically impossible on a cartridge with our currently available tools. I advise you not to trust any near flawless FRLG Pokemon unless you can tie to it to someone trust worthy. That's why I've outlined everything I did to obtain this mewtwo below so, hopefully, you find me trustworthy as well. If any of the methods I use you personally dislike, I ask that you please don't ask for one:
Save & Hardware Information:
Save File Used:
LG cart save created ~2008. Save file was ripped off the cartridge using NDS with my Acekard2. Once RNG was done, save was reloaded onto my cart.
Emulator?: Yes. Done on a modified version of VBA that supports lua script

Seed and Pokemon Information:
Starting seed:
9C65
Target Frame: 448875
PID: 1E9A7A07
IVs: 30/31/31/30/31/31
Cloning Method: Cloned in Generation 4 With an Action Replay. Cloning method does not corrupt the Pokemon's data to be illegal.
Note: Target seed was not injected or modified, SRed until I found one with a good spread reasonably close. Seed was determined with the built in memory viewer of this custom VBA version by checking the location 02020000 (32 bit)
Note: Self-Destruct was taught through the Gen 4 Mimic Glitch. This move is only legal on Gen 3 Mewtwo, as it is a tutor move in Pokemon XD.

GET A MEWTWO:
So how do you get a Mewtwo? You have a few simple way to get one:
  • First off, include your in game name in your post.
  • Then, answer one of these questions that ask you to elaborate a little on some of your previous breeds / RNGs:
  1. If you bred Pokemon in DPP before the advent of RNG, what was your favorite traditionally bred Pokemon? Do you remember its IVs? Have much fun with it in battle?
  2. If you've RNGed Pokemon yourself, what was your first or favorite RNG project you accomplished? Any difficulties along the way? How'd it feel to finally get it?
  3. If you've never RNGed before and have stuck to traditional breeding in XY, what is your favorite thing you've bred and why? How long did it take? Have fun with it battle or elsewhere?
After you've answered one of those three questions, go catch / breed a Cacnea. Upload it to the GTS with the message "TWO STRONG" and I'll send over one of the Mewtwos. Enjoy and good luck!

Last edited:

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
IGN: June

2. If you've RNGed Pokemon yourself, what was your first or favorite RNG project you accomplished? Any difficulties along the way? How'd it feel to finally get it?

I remember my first RNG being a Kyurem in White version back around 2012. I had my close friend walk me through it so I never had any real difficulties, but managing to get the Kyurem on my 1st try felt soooo good and I was really proud of myself for it. I'm a pretty big Pokemon hoarder so being able to obtain flawless Pokemon whenever I wanted was a big deal to me. Not to mention I was able to use that to provide RNG'd Pokemon to my friends in 2012-2013 so they could go on and top cut or win VGC events with my mons :]

Also it's a shame that Pokecheck died because I had a several pages of random mons I've RNG'd to show off :[

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
IGN: Marko

3. If you've never RNGed before and have stuck to traditional breeding in XY, what is your favorite thing you've bred and why? How long did it take? Have fun with it battle or elsewhere?

My favorite project must have been getting my safari ball scyther. As most people should know already safari ball is only possible on scyther through pokemon Fire Red (at a sexy 4% encounter rate) so I picked my old GBA cart and wandered in the safari for about two hours nonstop until I finally managed to get a female inside the ball. Then I had to migrate that over to Pokemon Platinum so I could teach it Defog and transfer it to Heartgold (since you can't transfer Defog Pokemon directly from the Sinnoh Region to Unova you have to go through Johto first).
After the whole way through space and time it finally arrived to Kalos and the fun just begun. Of course the original Scyther wasn't perfect in any way and I had to give it better egg moves and better IVs. I settled on Baton Pass, Quick Guard and Counter as they seemed good enough at the time and the old trusty flawless ditto from the pokecheck days helped out a ton as well.
It was a somewhat long quest but pretty rewarding too and also helped me into getting some cool pokemon in my first standalone trade thread (which I haven't updated in a while since I'm lazy lol)
Edit: Oh yeah it took me like a week overall to finally get my flawless scyther

Edit2: Deposited a lvl 1 male cacnea!

Edit3: what's mewtwo's level btw?

Last edited:
IGN: Dion

1. If you bred Pokemon in DPP before the advent of RNG, what was your favorite traditionally bred Pokemon? Do you remember its IVs? Have much fun with it in battle?
When I first joined Smogon around the time of DPP I was amazed at the possibilites of breeding Pokemon. My very first tradtionally bred Pokemon was a Paras and it actually was a flawless bred of which I was very proud. I don't remember the nature, but it was one of the few Pokemon I had in my trade thread back then. It got me some decent trades which helped me gain some awesome competitive Pokemon. Nowadays I breed using Buckerts' flawless Ditto's so breeding is a bit less of a hassle. I never quite understood RNG but who know what the future holds?

I uploaded a lvl. 23 male Cacnea, thanks in advance!

IGN: Most

If you've RNGed Pokemon yourself, what was your first or favorite RNG project you accomplished? Any difficulties along the way? How'd it feel to finally get it?
My first rng ever was in black in victory road, a timid 31.x.31.31.31.31 boldore, just for testing purposes immediately after calibration. My first pokemon that I actually caught on purpose was a jolly 31.31.31.31.31.31 ditto. My favourite one is probably this virizion. A nice hex-flawless shiny virizion, which required me to advance over 500 frames. In the beginning RNG abuse was really redious and hard. For this I think I stayed up till 3am to finally get it done correctly.

Virizion (german name: Viridium)
OT: Most (11444)
(genderless) - hasty - Justified
IVs: 31.30.30.31.31.31 (HP Ice)
EVs: 0/6/0/252/0/252 (Lv. 50)

Really enjoying all the stories so far guys! Everyone but most has gotten their Mewtwo so far, will get him soon. Pardon if it takes a while to send the ditto through, connection is acting a little funky

IGN: Marco Deposited: Lv 23 Female Cacnea
If you've never RNGed before and have stuck to traditional breeding in XY, what is your favorite thing you've bred and why? How long did it take? Have fun with it battle or elsewhere?

My favorite thing is my shiny female Bulbasaur with hidden ability because is the first my collection of rarity. It was a bit that I wanted to do a breeding collection from first to last pokemon of pokedex . As all the collections we have to be rarities and the first was this pokemon. It took more than 300 eggs and a week of my time, but I'm really pleased. I have not used in battles, but I hope to make soon, hoping to give me great satisfaction

IGN: Marine

My favorite is not like most people a shiny i lucky encountered but actually one of my first i ever actually seriously breed, a Flabébé, i really loved it back when xy came out and really wanted a white one because i found it to be really cute. It took me over a month (which was mostly due to my inexpirience back then) to get the right one and in the end i got a flawless one in a premierball i named yuki ^^ up to this day i have used it in countless battles and i got really attached to it (also because it saved me alot of times in dire situations)

deposited a male lv23 cacnea

Last edited:
Ign Jesse
  1. If you bred Pokemon in DPP before the advent of RNG, what was your favorite traditionally bred Pokemon? Do you remember its IVs? Have much fun with it in battle? I bred so many pokemon on pearl before rng. My favorite breed to me was those bulbasaurs.I didnt even know what ivs were at the time since I found out in the end of gen 5. I would troll my brother with statuses so yea it was pretty fun.I deposited a lv1 male turtwig message pkmn

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
IGN: LegoFigure11

My first RNGed Pokemon was a Flawless Timid SUM2013 Shiny Palkia, which I have never traded to anyone, ever. It holds a special place in my heart, even though it's not really anything special. My favourite RNG Project would have to be my Flawless Shiny Ditto, which (due to my then lack of knowledge about seeds) involved me changing the Date of my DS to the year 2031, and then completing over 7000 advancements (don't ask). That has only ever been given to my closest of friends.

Anyway, I deposited a Male Lv 21 Cacnea with the Message TWO STRONG
Thanks in advance!

Received! Thanks so much!

Last edited:
IGN : Baio

I tried to SR a near perfect IV Yveltal in XY and a Latias in ORAS but I gave up because it was taking me too much time (I caught them with pretty decent IVs though).
3. If you've never RNGed before and have stuck to traditional breeding in XY, what is your favorite thing you've bred and why ? How long did it take ? Have fun with it battle or elsewhere ?

My favorite pokemon I bred was a calm 31/x/31/31/31/x Umbreon (with Wish, Foul Play, Hell Bell and Protect) in XY when the pokebank was free. I was very proud because it was the first pokemon I have ever bred, and because the only 'mons I used to breed him was pokemons I caught myself (all the dittos etc.).
Because of the attacks I wanted to teach him (there was no ORAS Move tutors) I remember I had to breed all the Eevees in BW2 ; I also managed to have a Smeargle from Soul Silver learn Wish. I don't quite remember how much time it took me but I managed to hatch about 127 Eevee eggs.
Battling with him is still great fun, and I remember him resisting some Arceus' Judgment (not a competitive one of course) and destroying some teams of legendaries (again, it wasn't competitive players).

EDIT : Thank you for the Mewtwo ! :)

Last edited:
IGN: Josh

If you've never RNGed before and have stuck to traditional breeding in XY, what is your favorite thing you've bred and why? How long did it take? Have fun with it battle or elsewhere?

My favorite pokemon that I bred was a bold analytic 31/31/31/31/31/31 porygon. All the pokemon I used were caught/bred by me. This actually happened just a couple weeks ago; I'm still somewhat new to breeding and this was my first surprise flawless pokemon. When I checked it's IV's at the battle resort, I was stunned! (And yeah, I guess attack doesn't really matter, but the fact that it was flawless and that I bred it was cool to me). The porygon--now porygon-2-- is part of my first UU team, as well--so it represents some of my personal milestones in more than one way.

Deposited a level 23 female cacnea with the requested message :)

wow, that was fast! Thanks for the mewtwo! :)

Last edited:
IGN: Sato

3. If you've never RNGed before and have stuck to traditional breeding in XY, what is your favorite thing you've bred and why ? How long did it take ? Have fun with it battle or elsewhere ?

my favorite breeding was my first time ever breed pancham. never had any serious breeding before and i didn't realize that took long time to get shiny even with shiny charm. i managed to get shiny pancham after struggling for 5 days and hundred of eggs. though i messed up with his IVs (intend to make IV on physical attack but end up having Sp.Atk on it), i'm going to give him to my friend since it will be her first time playing pokemon that i want to present her with cute pokemon.

btw, i deposited male Cacnea Level 1 on GTS

just in 6 minutes? thank you so much!

Last edited:
Hi! My IGN is Baseer and I put up a level 1 female Cacnea.

3. My favorite thing that I've bred was Klink. I was breeding it for a mono-steel team and then 7 eggs later, a shiny appears! It had the right IVs (31/31/31/xx/31/31), nature, and ability too! I was ecstatic when I first got it and it wasn't bad in battle as well (Shift-Gear bulky set up).

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
I don't know if it counts but my favorite RNG project was the hatching trick back in emerald. I worked for weeks on getting a decent larvitar in fire red, transferred it to emerald and then spent another week trying to catch a decent ditto. After that it took me a few days to get my timing down but eventually got my larvitar! Adamant,31/31/31/31/28/31 with the egg move dragon dance! I cloned about twenty of them and raised a few with one now residing in my omega ruby( I used him to get the special banner for my secret base). I am hoping to bring him over to the new games when they arrive.
IGN:lethal6
Depositing:lv 1 Cacnea/ F
Thank you

Last edited:
I am more of a defensive person and generally feel insecure if my team is all offense. Since I did not get my hands on a Cresselia at that time, I decided to go for Porygon-2 instead. I got a Porygon spitback on GTS with my spitback, and started breeding it with a flawless Ditto. However, since both Ditto and the Porygon parent are not of the optimal nature, i.e. Bold for me, it took four days of endless breeding and hatching. When I ended up getting a Bold flawless Porygon (31/31/31/31/31/31) in return, I was overjoyed. This is the first flawless Pokemon I bred and it could probably hit harder when using Foul Play (correct me if I am wrong). I did have fun with Porygon-2 then in a battle, it saved me so many times, one of it being killing Mega-Rayquaza in Free Battle Spot. I am sure that all would be lost if it is not there to take the hit, and Ice Beamed for a Critical Hit in retaliation.

Deposit: Cacnea, level 21, Male
IGN: Sapphire

I am a bit busy for now, can I kindly ask you to wait for some time before I put up the Cacnea? I will update this post when I do. Thank you.

Edit: Deposited. Thank you.

Edit again: Received, thank you so much!

Last edited:

During the beginning of Gen 5 I suffered a cart failure so I lost pretty much all of my RNGs, and without any record (since the forums were hacked) I lost all records of what I had. I do remember that I was among the first to RNG abuse the GAMESTP Shiny Johto beasts and did a giveaway to honor the death of my best friend. Miraculously, I was able to find the hidden power Grass Shiny Raikou I gave away because -Matteo- had it in his thread. It is my last existing RNG and means so much to me. Learning Gen 4 RNG was probably the most fun I ever had. I hope to find a Platinum cart and abuse for a few things one last time sometime this year.

Deposited a level 23 female Cacnea on the GTS nicknamed "RNG inspo" on the GTS.
IGN is Gabe.

Gonna check out for the night guys, sorry! Gonna swing by tomorrow and get everyone I haven't gotten to this evening. Feel free to enter the giveaway in the mean time, just don't expect a mewtwo for another 12 hours or so

IGN: Matteo

I remember well my first RNG xD it was a nice memory because was one of the first step on my journey: it was platinum time, and I thought what pokemon was the better choice for the first RNG abused: just in those days I've got the oak letters event and i said "Shaymin is perfect", so I start to learn the RNG mothods. I remember that the help of Bitterlemon was indispensable, but after only a few hours I got my Hp fire Shaymin, my first RNG

IGN:Matteo
Depositing:lv 23 male Cancea
Thank you

Nice to have helped you, Gabe:)

Hiya, this giveaway is amazing!! I've always wanted a Jolly Mewtwo for Mewtwo X reasons, and frankly was highly debating whether to reset my Y game and start over again so I could SR one! If I could have one of these Mewtwos with self-destruct, it would just be amazing :P

However, I'm currently on study-leave for my second year Uni finals, and am therefore far away from my DS :( Would it be possible to reserve one and then pick it up? I don't want to pass up on this opportunity :(( Let me know if that's ok..

Nonetheless, I've filled in the pre-requisites anyway:

IGN: Fiat

Q. If you've never RNGed before and have stuck to traditional breeding in XY, what is your favorite thing you've bred and why? How long did it take? Have fun with it battle or elsewhere?

A. I've never RNGd, never had the gear for it and probably don't have the mathematical prowess to execute it correctly. However I've come a long way with breeding. I'd have to give a spot to Charizard, the first pokemon I ever bred that came out hexaflawless. This was back when I was pretty inexperienced and was using two 4IV Charmanders but was blessed by RNG. This Charizard came in a pokeball, with the ability blaze and for me represented the 'starter pokemon' of a new pokemon journey, into the competitive world. Needless to say he became the staple Charizard Y on my cartridge team for months (ironically I guess that if we want to be picky, Charizard Y wants 0 Atk but mine had 31).

Deposited a female lv 21 cacnea. IGN Phil :)

I learnt to RNG because I thought it looked interesting, and it is a shame that the mons I RNGed can't be used anymore. I can still RNG BW/BW2 and can do emerald, but outside of that, I'm still a rookie.

If you've RNGed Pokemon yourself, what was your first or favorite RNG project you accomplished? Any difficulties along the way? How'd it feel to finally get it?

My first RNG was a terrakion in BW, but below is my fav after a coule of years RNGing...

Now, I did RNG for a lot, but my fave has to be RNGing a pretty good IV spread on a metronome sableye to use in a metronome tourney... and it was on an emerald cart, no emulator used :). I was happy, but, unfortunately, you couldn't use megas, so I was a bit miffed ;-;. Took around 6 hours of constantly switching off and on, but eventually got it, and was ecstatic getting it.

Time to explode this sucker in an FFA with some friends :)

Thank you very much :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)