Gen 5 A pure-bodied Insect

Hello,

I have joined in 2015 and I absolutely love BW! I will present my first RMT. The team remains basic, it's a Sand Balanced but it works well. I built this team for a French teamtour. It consists of killing Volcarona's checks so it can sweep. Without further ado I will introduce you the team!

The team :

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 SpA / 72 SpD / 92 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Crunch / Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Basic set which trap Lati@s with Pursuit. The Chople Berry allows to better hold Focus Blast of Alakazam or Tornadus for example. The spread serves to hold the Draco Meteor of Latios Specs. He pose the Stealth Rock who is important in the metagame. Fire Blast hurt (2HKO) Skarmory :

92 SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory: 234-276 (71.5 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

92 SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 224 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 164-194 (50.1 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

That one walls too many things such as Gyarados and Dragons lock on Outrage for example. He places the Spikes which are important for the team and to hinder the team opposite. Leech Seed is used to regenerate by taking the energy of the opponent. Protect allows to see the move of a choice lock like Latios Choice Specs and to regen with leftovers.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

The best revenge killer for me. Earthquake is a STAB which allows to finish at the end of game. Stone Edge allows to touch the Flight as Tornadus or Thundurus-T. HP Ice allows to revenge kill the Dragons and touch another Landorus-T. U-turn allows to keep the momentum and pivot on another Pokémon.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Quiver Dance

The predator! It's consists of sweep as you can see. You can place yourself on bulky Water like Rotom-W or Starmie because of the Passho Berry. HP Ice is here for Dragonite and Garchomp. This spread can be a little bulky while exceeding Landorus-T Choice Scarf. You can put Flamethrower on Fire Blast if you're afraid of miss eheh.

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Terrakion can become a second win condition after Volcarona. Stone Edge and Close Combat are his two STABs which do good damage. This Pokémon has very little check and therefore under Substitute with Swords Dance and Salac Berry, it can clean. You can play the Choice Band set if you want to type as a deaf.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic / Ice Beam / Psychock
- Recover

I use it to spin for Volcarona and checks Keldeo. Toxic serves against stalls to reduce them. The bulky spread serves to hold the blows letter. You can put Ice Beam or Psychock on Toxic if you want.

♦~~><~~♦ | ♦~~><~~♦ | ♦~~><~~♦ | ♦~~><~~♦ | ♦~~><~~♦ | ♦~~><~~♦

Threat List :

This is one of the big threats of the tier. The team will struggle against an offense with Volcarona. Terrakion can come once beause of the Sand Stream boost.

Another threat of the tier. It's a very good stallbreaker and the team has no switch in but Tyranitar Choice Scarf the revenge kill and Volcarona can also be placed if Hydreigon is at -2 SpA after Draco Meteor.

The Choice Specs hurts the team.

The bander/scarfer does quite badly.

Staxi thanks for the help
k3nan thanks for the help too
Kit10
Tom0410
Zokuru
Welli0u
Orayo
Skyrio
Holiano

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 SpA / 72 SpD / 92 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Quiver Dance

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Recover

Last edited:
Well its a classic sand team + starmie, i think you should consider offense heatran > volcarona to nullify 2 threats out of 3 maintaining the sweeping potential maybe giving scarf/specs to tran.

I'm not a fan of double dark on scarf ttar, i think ice beam/fire blast will perform way better.

Reactions: FNH
The team was built on Volcarona so the change would not be the same.

Ice Beam may be a possibility on Crunch, yeah thanks.

The team was built on Volcarona so the change would not be the same.

Ice Beam may be a possibility on Crunch, yeah thanks.
yeah you definitely sure and it's cool you decided to build on a specific pokemon but you should consider to substitute it in order to make the team competitive :)

I also think tyranitar could be added to the threatlist.

P.S. another personal opinion, i'd go ice beam > pursuit instead of ice beam > crunch on ttar and volcarona performs way better in weatherless, sun or even rain teams with the hurricane set but as i said its a personal opinion :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)