A way of making use of trophy points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
One of the features of Xenforo is a system of trophy points, which some websites use like an achievement system, earning certain amounts of trophy points for different milestones (e.g. first post, first like, first profile completion, first status update, first avatar, 10 posts, 10 likes, 100 posts, 100 likes etc.), and they could be utilized with achievements like that. However, i looked at the Smogon badge system and thought that badges could be incorperated into a sort of ranking system that uses trophy points, with different badges also being worth different amounts of points (e.g. pre contrib. = 5, all variants of full contrib = 10, all moderator badges = 15, staff badge = 15, tutor/mentor badges = 10 etc.), and that is what sparked the idea in my mind. I have taken the liberty of "drawing up" a sort of template for the different achievements and the number of trophy points that they will earn, and I was thinking that it'd be good if we had a badge which would be applied if you reached the top 10 most trophy points and was removed when you dipped below it, and this would be worth 0 points, so as to not make it near impossible for a different person to reach the top 10 list and knock someone off. Now, to show you my starting template, and remeber that this is subject to change if deemed necessary.

==========================================================

Key:
  • tp - trophy point(s)
  • * - lasts for duration
  • ** - analyses, sets, articles etc.

Account Milestone Achievements:

[Positive]
  • First post - 1 tp
  • First like - 1 tp
  • First profile competion - 1 tp
  • First status update - 1 tp
  • First follower - 1 tp
  • Vote in a poll - 1 tp
  • 10 posts - 2 tp
  • 10 likes - 2 tp
  • 3 followers - 2 tp
  • 50 posts - 5 tp
  • 5 followers - 5 tp
  • 50 likes 7 tp
  • 100 posts - 10 tp
  • 10 followers - 10 tp
  • First uploaded contribution** - 15 tp
  • 100 likes - 15 tp
  • 500 posts - 20 tp
  • 50 followers - 20 tp
  • 500 likes - 25 tp
  • First badge - 25 tp
  • 1000 posts - 50 tp
  • 100 followers - 50 tp
  • First alumnus badge - 50 tp
  • 1000 likes 75 tp
  • 10000 posts 100 tp
  • 1000 followers - 250 tp
  • 10000 likes - 300 tp
  • 100000 posts - 500 tp
  • 5000 followers - 600 tp
  • 100000 likes - 700 tp
  • 500000 posts - 800 tp
  • 10000 followers - 800 tp
  • 500000 likes - 900 tp
  • 1000000 posts - 1000 tp
  • 50000 followers - 1000 tp
  • 1000000 likes - 5000 tp
[Negative]
  • Infraction - -10 tp*
  • Account ban - Reset to 0 tp
  • First post removed by staff - -1 tp
  • 5 posts removed by staff - -2 tp
  • 10 posts removed by staff - -5 tp
  • 100 posts removed by staff - -10 tp
  • 500 posts removed by staff - -100 tp
  • 1000 posts removed by staff - -500 tp

Badges:
Note: Trophy points are lost if you lose the badge.
Note: Alumnus adds an additional 20 tp onto the value of a badge

[Contribution]
  • Pre contributor - 5 tp
  • Contributor - 10 tp
  • Tiering contributor - 10 tp
  • Community contributor - 10 tp
  • Programmer - 10 tp
  • Researcher - 10 tp
  • Artist - 10 tp
  • Media contributor - 10 tp
  • CAP contributor - 10 tp
[Staff]
  • Site Staff - 20 tp
  • Tournament director - 40 tp
  • Pokémon Showdown! moderator - 50 tp
  • Pokémon Showdown! administrator - 75 tp
  • IRC AOp - 50 tp
  • IRC SOp - 75 tp
  • Forum moderator - 50 tp
  • Super moderator - 75 tp
  • Administrator - 100 tp
[Helpfulness]
  • Tutor - 25 tp
  • Team rater - 25 tp
  • Mentor - 25 tp

==========================================================

Now, the fact that I have written out a starting template for the allocation doesn't mean that you have to accept this suggestion. I just think that this is a neat way of using one of the features of Xenforo that incorperates one of the current reward systems on Smogon into a ranking system that would give more incentive towards posting well and contributing to Smogon, and it will improve the overall quality of posts as a result as people will have more incentive for earning likes and followers, and a further incentive for earning badges. Finally I am going to remind you that none of these values are fixed if it does get accepted, and that they are subject to change

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Like, you can get a special Download for a Team in Pokemon Showdown - like some sorta one that won VGC or something.
Ooh. you mean an importable team.

the main issue with that is that it kinda breaks the theme and it would be hard to implement.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Like, you can get a special Download for a Team in Pokemon Showdown - like some sorta one that won VGC or something.
You can just import from text or make it yourself. There is no need for that 9.9

Anyway, badges are incentives themselves. What would these points do? What would we use them for? I don't see anything we can use to "cash them in" for anything. Also, infractions already give you points, ie those that count up to four (then you'd be banned).

I appreciate the idea, but I really don't think this is practical for anything we already have. NixHex what says you.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol if someone got 1 million posts i'd be more concerned about their lack of a life than giving trophy points

anyway there's going to be a revamp of our rewards system but i don't believe we will be using trophy points any time soon. thanks for the suggestion though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)