Alolan Raichu Discussion

Thoughts on running Electro Ball with this? Max speed in Electric Terrain gives it 700 speed.

If I'm calculating it correctly, that means that Electro Ball has base 150 power against stuff like M-Sableye, Chansey and Clefable. Stuff like Special Defensive Heatran takes 120, still quite a bit stronger than Thunderbolt.

I feel like it could dismantle slower teams due to the sheer base power of EB coupled with the 1.5x boost of the terrain itself.

Ok, so this is very gimmicky and I really don't play doubles all that much but hear me out. When thinking about using Power Split on Araquanid (by the way you need to check him out. Water Bubble now confirmed to add x2 power to Water type moves) I was reminded of Shuckle. And I thought, Shuckle has Power Trick which swaps his defense and attack with each other. And that's cool and all but he's so slow and if you did that he'd die immediately to any physical move. But then I remembered the new move Speed Swap. Could Shuckle's speed be potentially Speed Swapped with lets just say Raichu-A as well him Power Tricking? And then he hits the other team with STAB Rock Slides coming from 230 attack and 110 speed. Really gimmicky, I know, but it sounds super cool to me :)

Shuckle @ Life Orb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Power Trick
- Protect / Knock Off

To my understanding, that is wrong. Any Pokemon with an Alolan form will evolve into its Alolan form, regardless of where it came from. If you transfer a Kalos Pikachu to Alola, it WILL evolve into Alolan Raichu.

Edit: from an earlier post. Read where it was caught. http://www.noelshack.com/2016-45-1478904810-wp-20161111-016.jpg
How can you be sure this wasn't some hacked in Alolan Raichu?

Edit: Turns out I did some reaserach and looks like regardless if you have a Pikachu, Cubone and Execute from XY, ORAS and previous Gens, they will still evolve into their alolan forms. Some hackers tested this with pkhex transfering them to Sun Moon. Unless somthing changes in Pokebank (which probabbly won't since it's only data transfer).

Meaning any pokemon from any gens will evolve into thei alolan forms regardless.

Last edited:
In that case, the only Surfing Pikachu events in 6th gen were Japanese, and Pikachu's from older gens and to forget surf to be transferd to 6th gen and couldn't relearn it, so unless they release another event, only Japan get's Surfing Raichu-A.
:/

In that case, the only Surfing Pikachu events in 6th gen were Japanese, and Pikachu's from older gens and to forget surf to be transferd to 6th gen and couldn't relearn it, so unless they release another event, only Japan get's Surfing Raichu-A.
:/
Not true in Gen 4 their were a lot of Surfing Pikachu events and you can get Surfing Pikachu from Battle Revolution and from the Poke Walker in HGSS. Also a Surfing Pichu from the Pokemon Box R&S.

Not true in Gen 4 their were a lot of Surfing Pikachu events and you can get Surfing Pikachu from Battle Revolution and from the Poke Walker in HGSS. Also a Surfing Pichu from the Pokemon Box R&S.
You didn't read that post... You can't transfer pokemon with HM moves pre gen 6. We'll have to see if you can transfer the gen 6 surf pikachu to alola.

Is Electro Ball viable as a second STAB with electric terrain? how much more damage can it do compared to Thunderbolt? Think VGC/Doubles.

You didn't read that post... You cant transfer pokemon with HM moves pre gen 6. We'll have to see if you can transfwr the gen 6 suef pikachu to alola.

Is Electro Ball viable as a second STAB with electric terrain? how much more damage can it do compared to Thunderbolt? Think VGC/Doubles.
Oh yeah that's right. Well that's pretty stupid

Ok, so this is very gimmicky and I really don't play doubles all that much but hear me out. When thinking about using Power Split on Araquanid (by the way you need to check him out. Water Bubble now confirmed to add x2 power to Water type moves) I was reminded of Shuckle. And I thought, Shuckle has Power Trick which swaps his defense and attack with each other. And that's cool and all but he's so slow and if you did that he'd die immediately to any physical move. But then I remembered the new move Speed Swap. Could Shuckle's speed be potentially Speed Swapped with lets just say Raichu-A as well him Power Tricking? And then he hits the other team with STAB Rock Slides coming from 230 attack and 110 speed. Really gimmicky, I know, but it sounds super cool to me :)

Shuckle @ Life Orb
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Power Trick
- Protect / Knock Off
This is terrifying. Oh, and if you somehow find the time to set up (maybe through Follow Me or something), Shuckle also gets Shell Smash.

Shuckle @ Life Orb
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Power Trick
- Protect / Knock Off
just use trick room with something slow

This is terrifying. Oh, and if you somehow find the time to set up (maybe through Follow Me or something), Shuckle also gets Shell Smash.
Yeah, shell smash would be amazing but no Speed Swap Pokemon know Follow Me so...

On another note, which I'm sorry has nothing to do with Raichu-A, I revised my Shuckle theory and suddenly thought of Trick Room being a possibly better answer (LavaPlume suggested this like a few mins ago too). And this is why it works better. Oranguru gets Trick Room and also an exclusive move called Instruct. Now here's the plan.

Shuckle @ Life Orb
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Power Trick
- Protect

Oranguru @ Leftovers
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: (haven't figured these out yet but tanky)
(not sure on nature either)
- Foul Play
- Psychic Terrain / Taunt / Protect
- Instruct
- Trick Room

On turn one, go for Power trick and Trick room. Then Shuckle Rock Slides and then Oranguru uses instruct on Shuckle making him go for yet another Rock Slide. And the thing about Rock Slide is it's 30% chance to flinch. If Shuckle decides to go for Earthquake, Oranguru has Telepathy. With two Rock Slides, it's something like a 50% chance to flinch while doing STAB 75 BP Life Orb damage off of 230 Attack. Priority kills Shuckle, so Psychic Terrain is there to help block that if needed (if you feel you don't need protect). Now, obviously, taunt shuts this all down so it's not amazing but if it gets set up, then it's an awesome gimmick!

Its unique Z-Move is really good. It paralyzes, has 175 BP and with the STAB and Electric Terrain it hits real hard. Raichu-A won't be OU for sure, especially because I feel 95 BS SpA isn't enough... Modest Nature is needed in my opinion (over the Timid one) and anyway he should always be paired with Tapu Koko to outspeed everything (without his talent, he has nothing more than another Electric 'mon). Since a Rain/Electric Team could be a thing, and since Raichu-A can get Surf... Maybe there is something to do there ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)