[AMA] dcae

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion

This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Username: dcae

Areas of Expertise: Little Cup, Pokemon Showdown, Rate My Team, Overused, IRC

Background: I joined Smogon ages ago, quit after a short stint in OU, then rejoined earlier this year as a Little Cup player. I got integrated into that and started doing a bunch of other stuff like PS, IRC, and did more in RMT.

Hobbies: I play football (soccer), watch it, and am an enormous fan of the sport in general.

Favorite Pokemon: Charizard now :|

Good Questions to Ask Me: Anything about anything ;)

why is it that the first thing that comes to mind when i saw this is

"real nigga swag" ?

In all seriousness, I've heard that LC is harder to get into than other tiers, would this be true in your case? What were your experiences when you first got into the LC tier?

Last edited:
:)

>how would quite a new poster get involved in smogon on a bigger scale then just posted the odd message here and there
>as an expierence rmt user what do you see being the defining factor of the x and y little cup scene

ugh who let you be a mentor for SERIOUS
favorite lc core atm?
why do you suck at lc?
overused in area of expertise?!?!?!?!?!?
umm uhh did you get drafted for spl?
you plannin to get that team rater badge back?

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there any particular reason your favorite pokemon isn't Amaura!???!??
Why are you bad at LC (Dont lie we know its true)?
What is your favorite core that isn't mainstream and to your knowledge only you use?
Viability of Honedge in LC? Good, bad, or Treecko bad?
Least viable pokemon in LC?

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
why is it that the first thing that comes to mind when i saw this is

"real nigga swag" ?

In all seriousness, I've heard that LC is harder to get into than other tiers, would this be true in your case? What were your experiences when you first got into the LC tier?
because I am a swag god ;)

LC is indeed quite a hard tier to get into, mostly due to the various differences in terms of accepted items and EV spreads. I actually got into LC seamlessly because I was an educated noob: I looked around for resources, built my team after learning a bit about the metagame etc, and it was fine.

How are you so bad at every single game you play (yugioh... mons...)?

Why do you have to be so fucking french?
I am god at everything nigga you just can't compare and are jealous.

I'm not even just French football team is best team ever.

What makes you think being french is OK?
French superior race.

:)

>how would quite a new poster get involved in smogon on a bigger scale then just posted the odd message here and there
>as an expierence rmt user what do you see being the defining factor of the x and y little cup scene
I'd recommend looking at what aspects you enjoy contributing to. If your knowledge of the metagame is solid and you enjoy helping users out, Team Rating would be a solid place to start. If you enjoy analyses, check out C&C. If you want to get into Team Rating, I would highly suggest observing how successful rates are made, often by members with the TR badge. You can make sure your rating is high quality if you see how much a team should be changed and how rates are executed.

I think XY LC is really based around well executed Knock Off plays now. Against stall and balanced and bulky offense teams, the key is to break the cores through the use of Knock Off. The move is absolutely incredible.

ugh who let you be a mentor for SERIOUS
favorite lc core atm?
why do you suck at lc?
overused in area of expertise?!?!?!?!?!?
umm uhh did you get drafted for spl?
you plannin to get that team rater badge back?
I'm here to distribute swag.

I like the Nasty Plot Misdreavus + Pawniard offensive core, tears apart defensive teams and defensive cores in general.

pls learn to play

That's where the legend started. Real talk though I enjoy OU as a metagame and I used to play it a lot.

I did.

Once I have some free time yep.

Who is best TAONU Tyranitar?
imanalt sucks most you are best :)

Is there any particular reason your favorite pokemon isn't Amaura!???!??
Why are you bad at LC (Dont lie we know its true)?
What is your favorite core that isn't mainstream and to your knowledge only you use?
Viability of Honedge in LC? Good, bad, or Treecko bad?
Least viable pokemon in LC?
Amaura is terrible needs Boomburst for me to like it.

are you kingler123456?

I only abuse the broken stuff, not mainstream is not how I roll ;) (diglett + fletchling is boss)

Honedge is bad, it doesn't even have Yanma to beat anymore.

Least viable pokemon is easily my real nigga kricketot. Sticky web doesn't help the poor Bide.

Is being a female from Somalia as difficult as being a female from Botswana is?
It's harder, the pirates here are some serious niggas to deal with. They made me guard a prisoner they captured off a US ship recently, despite my clear lack of expertise due to my gender :'(

Hello! I'm brand new here. I played pokemon back during red/blue and am just getting back into it. I'd like to get into the competitive side and am trying to breed my first team (for OU tier). I know I want:

Alakazam (Timid)
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 6 SpD
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Focus Blast
Psyshock
Item: Not sure

Mega Lucario (Jolly)
Evs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Crunch
Bullet Punch

Dragonite (Adamant)
EVs: ?
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Extremespeed
Earthquake
Item: ?

So basically, my question is this: Do you have any suggestions of pokemon that would complement these three well? Some candidates I was thinking (just because of coolness, not because I have any idea how well they would go in the team): Excadrill, Scizor, Gyarados, Venusaur, Garchomp, Charizard, Zapdos, (but not sure how to get a Zapdos with good nature/IVs). Feel free to suggest pokemon outside of those ones.

Also, if I get an Excadrill, how would I use the pokebank to give it stealth rock? Is it possible to breed one now in pokemon y and give that one stealth rock later, or should I breed it in pokemon black 2?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)