[AMA] DTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Username: DTC

Areas of Expertise: NU, IRC (specifically #pokemon)

Background: I've contributed a lot to BW NU overall, and that's where most of my achievements have come from, although I am not active in NU anymore. I've participated in a lot of different areas of Smogon, so I should be able to help out with any questions about a particular area on Smogon. Nowadays I tend to chat in #pokemon about XY stuff, and I'm starting to get involved in Little Cup.

Hobbies: Pokemon takes up most of my "hobby" time, but I also like to play video games in general as well as read about history. I also like to play Cards Against Humanity.

Favorite Pokemon: Misdreavus

Good Questions to Ask Me: Questions about getting involved in a certain community, as well as any general questions about NU/LC/#pokemon.

Last edited:

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
is your real name chris?

why did you start playing nu?

your penis is small(?)

why do you never use lapras in nu even though it's your favorite pokemon!?

FLCL
  • Yea my name is Chris
  • I started playing NU because I liked the new, developing community and thought it'd be interesting to see how the tier would develop since it was new.
  • I've used Lapras quite a bit actually (mostly on testing alts) but each time it doesn't perform very well. Its problem is its stats aren't specialized enough (gotta love Gen 1 stat spreads), as well as its poor defensive typing that makes it weak to SR and no recovery.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
am i the greatest user you ever tutored? (one correct answer here)

how did you end up gettin aops in #pokemon?

does dtc mean anything in particular or have a backstory or anything?

if you could go back in time anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

what advice would you give to people looking to get more involved in #pokemon?

what attracted you to nu?

favorite nu stage?

what tiers besides bw nu would you say you play?

how were you able to lead the esteemed blackthorn braviaries to victory in nupl?

Audiosurfer

-am i the greatest user you ever tutored? (one correct answer here)
  • i am proud of you my son
-how did you end up gettin aops in #pokemon?
  • I contributed to a lot of discussions and ended up getting aopped by old man aldaron.
-does dtc mean anything in particular or have a backstory or anything?
  • DragonTamerChris. It's a pretty stupid name all things considered but it's the name I first signed up with, and I really don't like the idea of changing usernames, especially after I've already used it for 2+ years. As for its backstory, I am awful with coming up with usernames so I just stuck with that.
-if you could go back in time anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
  • Too broad of a question for me to answer at the moment.
-what advice would you give to people looking to get more involved in #pokemon?
  • Try to contribute to discussions as much as you can once you get a good feel of the chat, but do not just say stuff for the sake of talking; make sure your contributions are relevant. Eventually you will find yourself becoming integrated into the community, and you will feel a lot more comfortable talking in #pokemon. Another thing I recommend is to be reasonable in arguments/debates that inevitably happen in #mons. Do not make really bold claims; not everything is black & white, even if you do not agree with the opposing side. If you would like any clarification on any of these things, or more tips/advice, I would be glad to expand on this response.
-what attracted you to nu?
  • Already covered this in response to FLCL's question
-favorite nu stage?
  • Probably the stage after Jynx was banned. I felt that meta was really balanced overall, and it was also not stagnant.
-what tiers besides bw nu would you say you play?
  • In BW, I also played BW RU and a little bit of BW UU. Nowadays I play a lot of XY OU, and a bit of Random Battles (cant wait for XY Randbats!) and XY LC. I also would like to play XY Doubles once pokebank comes out.
-how were you able to lead the esteemed blackthorn braviaries to victory in nupl?
  • inspirational speeches

I really enjoy this theme you've got on in your web page. What is the name of the template by the way?

oh woops i forgot about this LOL

why did you leave dota 2 and come back to pokemon?
will you please spam goomy into nu?
i stopped playing dota 2 because 1) i would always get extremely upset whenever i played it 2) i missed the community interaction you get on Smogon

as for spamming goomy... maybe Molk can help you with that

why is your name lower case now on irc?
caps are for people who overcompensate

I really enjoy this theme you've got on in your web page. What is the name of the template by the way?
helo spambot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)