An Unatural Normal Mono

Sup I am Prof Gemini. I am a normal mono battler and I started around the Time Mega Khan was banned. With the ban of that most normal mono battlers have either quit or have been trying to find a suitable replacement. I myself have been trying to build a new normal team with few weaknesses and good synergy together. I have used this team many times. Around 60 Percent of the time this team gets wiped out while the other 40%, I manage to make a win. I need to know if anyone needs a replacement or what moves could improve my team as it is.

Team Building Process:

Tauros - A lot of Normal Types are physical attackers. I looked over a few of them and tried out a few, but I decided to try out Tauros. Tauros has good Atk and Spd, which is a good combo. If you add in Sheer Force plus Life Orb he can wreck and even sweep other teams. He also has a large movepool, which can make him versatile in any situation.

Exploud - While there are many Attakers in Normal mono there are almost no Sp Atk. Exploud was a good choice for my team with his new addition of Boomburst. He has access to many elemental moves such as Flamethrower, Surf, and Ice beam. Add in his ability Scrappy he can actually sweep Ghost Mono's. The down side is. He has not the greatest Def or Sp Def and Speed making him easily taken out my a Mach Punch. Exploud relies on prediction to be used, which is a key to this team.

Licklicky - Most people take one look at licklicky and automatically turn him down, but if used correctly he can become a monster on the battle field. He has a nice movepool, getting access to Earthquake, Power Whip and Dragon Tail. He also has set up moves such as Swords Dance and Curse. Licklicky can take a hit and either Dragon Tail, sweepers or do massive damage with Earthquake. His ability Cloud nine, denies Ice, Fire, Rock, and Water mono's there weather effects crippling them at some points.

Porygon2 - Porygon2 is a must have when making normal mono which is a major reason I chose him. He can a Sp Def tank and be a Toxic Stall pokemon, or Sweep by setting up Charge Beam and going for Tri Attack. His ability trace comes in handy when it comes to dealing with pokemon with Water Absorb or Flash Fire. I prefer a Def Evolite Porygon2. It sounds strange but I have had this Porygon2 shut down Shell Smash Cloysters, Stop Belly Drum Azumarill and Take Close Combats at Half Health.

Meloetta - Meloetta is one of the only Sp Atk in Normal Mono and like most Normal Types it has good Sp Def. It has access to moves like Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, and Dazzling Gleam. Its easy to set up with this pokemon against Sp Atkers and its one of the reason I chose it. Plus Its super bulky taking most attacks easily.

Kecleon - Kecleon sounds like a weird pokemon to choose for Normal Mono, and thats because everyone hates its ability Color Change. But In Gen 6 it now has the ability Protean making it a monster. Its amazing Sp Def lets it take a lot of punishment. With Protean Shadow Sneak becomes the best move you can have on Kelceon. It stops fighting types immediately. Then Sucker Punch lets you get more damage off and it repels the opposing dark type move that was coming. Kelceon rely's mostly on my own Prediction skills. Two moves though can cause it to sweep. Power Up Punch and Snatch. No one thinks of those two moves on Kelceon which is why they are good. Snatch stops Shell Smashers, Roost, Swords Dance and Set up move and lets Kelceon reap the benifets. Power up Punch takes care of pesky Dark and Steel Types while increasing attack.

Skrillex (Exploud) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Boomburst

Wings (Tauros) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Wild Charge
- Return

Mr. Popo (Lickilicky) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

Yolo Swagens (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Discharge
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam

Spectrum (Kecleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Snatch
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch

Zelda (Meloetta) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

If anyone can help that would be great.

Why give exploud 30 IV's in attack, special attack, and speed? And with sheer force on Tauros, a rock climb instead of return does extra damage, with the cost of 85% accuracy, so return may be prefered. Another viable and useful set is analytic on proygon 2, since with its bad speed it can utilize the ability excellently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)