Anyone here play World of Warcraft?

Hmmm, funny story but I seem to be a dps of the melee type....you guys should probably roll over and play with synre and I or something.

We're on Kil'Jaedan, at the moment.

I reactivated a bit ago to try out the new talents and such, definitely have to agree about the direction they're sending the game in. I think they've done a lot of good stuff since vanilla WoW, which was definitely my favorite time on the game, but it was mostly interface stuff, questing stuff, raiding bobbles... kind of everything but gameplay I mean, I guess. There's so many little features to remove headaches they added in Wrath especially, but gameplay-wise I thought things got a little worse every xp - there were way too many buttons that had way too little effect, especially. I found it incredibly obnoxious I had like 50+ keybinds on a couple of my characters when in most situations I was using like a total of eight abilities and just had the remainder there to avoid being slow in specific irregular situations. Figured this would improve thing a lot in that regard and it sure has, and it's nice that each talent tree was differentiated a bit from each other, too. It's neat that stuff like Wrath on my Druid or Blink on my Mage or whatever functions differently depending on my spec. Fewer buttons, same amount of effects. And don't get me started on how much I don't-miss all of my talents being 1/2/3/4/5% more better...

I was surprised when I heard they were going to roll back like this, because it's a hell of a boatrocker, but it sure seems to make things better at all levels. A lot of the original talent trees were really shittily implemented and had been getting slowly phased into mediocrity so it'll be interesting to see if the complete overhaul fixes some of the specs that have kind of always had big issues.

First, I assume you guys are playing on the US servers? If not, I might have a casual char over there, depends a bit.

Second, personally I found the changes to the talent trees retarded. At least personally, I felt like the only choices I got was: which pointless talent will I have more use for? You automatically fill them to the brink anyways, so it's no longer what you personally need, you get to take everything anyways. But, then again I didn't play in vanilla/BC at all, so I dunno how they changed over time.

Second, personally I found the changes to the talent trees retarded. At least personally, I felt like the only choices I got was: which pointless talent will I have more use for? You automatically fill them to the brink anyways, so it's no longer what you personally need, you get to take everything anyways. But, then again I didn't play in vanilla/BC at all, so I dunno how they changed over time.
Current talents aren't too bad, they're the same as WoTLK talents really in that there are no hard choices to speak of.

BC talents were far and away the best in terms of making you think, I mean yes for PvE you had carbon copy specs and always will, but for PvP you actually had to decide what fit your play style and team best - I went through about 5 different Warrior specs during Season 3 playing with the same Druid partner.

The only thing I don't like about the game right now is that nearly every goddamn class/spec has some kind of combo point mechanic.

Of my classes I play..

Druids (Tank) have Lacerate Stacks.
Druids (Feral DPS) have Combo Points.
Druids (Laser Turkey) have Eclipse.
Druids (Resto) have Lifebloom.

Shamans (Enhance) have Maelstrom.
Shamans (Resto) have Riptide.
Shamans (Ele) have Fulmination.

Warriors (Arms) have Taste For Blood.
Warriors (Fury) so far as I can tell don't have one.
Warriors (Prot) have Thunderstruck.

Classes I don't play also seem to have it: Rogues have CP, Paladins have Holy Power, Priests have Mind Melt or Evangelism, Locks have Empowered Imp / Hand of Guldan / Shadow Embrace, Mages have Hot Streak, Pyromaniac / Arcane Blast / Shatter.. I know near nothing about Hunters or DKs but I'm sure they have them too.

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know near nothing about Hunters or DKs but I'm sure they have them too.
Unholy DKs have Dark Transformation (ghoul transforms at 5 stacks) and Hunters have Focus Fire (consumes your pet's frenzy stacks for a haste buff). So yeah, every class really does have a combo point/stack mechanic now.

Unholy DKs have Dark Transformation (ghoul transforms at 5 stacks) and Hunters have Focus Fire (consumes your pet's frenzy stacks for a haste buff). So yeah, every class really does have a combo point/stack mechanic now.
From what I've played a Blood DK which I am leveling, they don't have one. I could be wrong though, since he's only 72. Can't comment on frost.

The hunter thing you describe is for Beast Mastery, Marksmanship have also one, where with enough Steady Shots, you get an instant (and maybe free, can't remember) Aimed Shot. Funny thing is that you don't follow those stacks, just mash the button when they light up...

In another news, rogues are fucking OP at low levels. Been leveling with a friend, he's a rogue, me a druid. His usual procedure for quest mobs is Shadowstep > Ambush > Loot. From what I met in a BG, PvP is pretty much the same: lvl 11 rogue could almost oneshot me if he got the chance (I was 16). I guess it explains why we had 5 rogues at the best on alli side P;

In another news, rogues are fucking OP at low levels. Been leveling with a friend, he's a rogue, me a druid.
>:D

Don't sweat it bro. You're getting ruined in battlegrounds most likely because of heirlooms and/or twinks. Rogue is a popular choice for them. If you're leveling as Feral though, you're gonna far surpass your friend in the broken department. Take it from me man, Feral is a leveling machine.

• You subtly gain HP back from talents.
  • you deal insane damage with insane crit damage.
  • you turn stealth in addition to tracking humanoids to avoid fights or start them in your favor.
  • You turn into an awesome cat.
  • You can turn into a goddamn bear if things are getting too hairy and negate tons of damage.
  • Due to swipe spam you'll most likely kill all the stuff that swamped you aswell.
  • Remember that subtle HP you gain from talents? You continue to get that back when you go bear.
  • You have healing spells. Even if you're not spec'd to heal, they still make a big difference. Besides, Feral has a few things in it that'll enhance your healing.
  • Did I mention you'll be an awesome cat?
  • You can do a mini-stunlock when you get more abilities open to you. You'll be able to ruin mobs or even players that you ambush.
  • You'll be unkillable if you don't feel like dying. Between Nature's Grasp and Travel Form no one will be able to keep you in one spot long enough to kill you.
  • Awesome cat.
Feral Druid is effortlessly the most broken class leveling. I enjoyed myself like crazy and it's still fun at cap. When it comes to world PvP, Feral Druid is the tip of the top. Now if you're a Moonkin, that changes abit. And if you're a Tree then.. I don't know what to tell you. :<

Ye, I am Feral on that :P And yeah, sometimes it does feel pretty fucking insane. I got a resto druid on another server (where my main is), and getting her up to 15 for instances was much much harder than feral has been. I can practically 2-3-shot mobs with mangle, and with my friend oneshotting his mobs, we are friggin' unstoppable in PvE. PvP was pretty much the same, if I got behind someone, 2-3 hits and they were dead (equal or under my level). Can't wait until I get my gap-closers >:)

It is actually so funny that I consider off-speccing the forementioned resto into Feral DPS, even though my leather heirlooms are occupied at the moment. Now I just need to get me some time to play on her and level up a bit, I wanna try world PvP :<

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
so catas now out and i couldnt wait for the mail to come and deliver my game, checked out the tracking on my package and....

"THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED "

-_-

I feel you... I was going to wait until next week or something and buy the pack. Then logged online, saw my guildies level and shit, looked around and realised I can't train profs or anything, so fuck this shit, I bought it online. Having a helluva blast in Vashj'ir now.

Also, Worgen caster animations are the purest freaking shit there is in the game. That's a fact.

So am I sucker. (Armory is slow FFFFFFFFF)

I personally like the new Uldum zone, been questing there to get rep for the tanking bracers they sell for Exalted people. Shitload of references to Indiana Jones and other cool stuff. Though something I noticed, especially in the Vortex Pinnacle, is that you need to use much more CC than in Wrath. Personally, this is np since I run with a lock and a shaman, which got plenty covered. What do you guys think of these? (That is from a warrior tank perspective)

Edit: Something I've been tinkering on lately is my UI, after I realised that my old (Standard + a bunch of addons) was way too restrictive for a tank. I made my own, but the 4.0.3 and switch to new computer with bigger screen screwed it. Now I am using a slightly customised TukUI - Elv's version, and it works wonders with some extra addons (omen, dbm, etc). What do you guys use? Pics would be cool too, I will post a couple of my later on.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/trollbane/arrabbiata/advanced

ya, i hit 85 on saturday i think, it felt like such a grind. every quest giving out like 60k xp and having the bar barely move ;_;

i went to vashjir first, then left for deepholm after defending the rift kept bugging. deepholm went smoothly but for a skinner its fucking hell. after that i did the opening quest to uldum til i hit 84 they did all of twilight highlands til 85.

atm im mostly concentrating on getting my therazane (god this bitch is ugly) rep up and doing some pvp (lol hunter). tolbarad is a shit hole though, probably the worst thing blizzard ever designed. i think later today ill go scout out some dungeons since i only have access to the stonecore atm.

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/rhysie/advanced

hi. hit 85 on friday - decided to take it easy re: heroics because the expansion has only been out for a week and all that jazz. getting my 333 set and then doing some profession related things like finally working on archaeology ^_^.

edit: leveling was super easy but amazingly fun this time around, i probably could've done it on tuesday if i wasn't working :{. uldum was easily my favorite zone!! good stuff.

Almost fully heroic geared at this point, simply need a new staff and belt.

It's bullshit that the ONLY epic staves without mastery are both from archaeology ._.

I hate mastery..so worthless for boomkins..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)