Apprentice Program: Round 107

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle 101
Username
: smithkavik
PO/PS! Username: smithkavik
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PDT (GMT -7):
Fridays, 9:30-11:00am; Wednesdays, 8:30-10:00pm; flexible schedule beyond those times too.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS: VGC 16, DOU, OU, Ubers, AG, UU - I'm flexible and will be very happy with any of these ORAS metagames. Want to learn team building, prediction, long-term strategy in many contexts.
Tell us a little about yourself:
After a nearly 15 year hiatus since Pokemon Crystal, nostalgia drew me back with a vengeance with the February Mew giveaway. I turn 30 in this Battle 101 session. Other things dear to me are my young family (wife, 2 year old daughter, expecting another in September), cross-cultural experiences and competencies, and following Jesus as a lifestyle.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: Colbrushie
PO/PS! Username: Colbrushie
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PDT (GMT -7)
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I play Pokemon sometimes and I have free time sometimes, the two often coincide
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC/Skype messaging fine, not always able to communicate with VoIP
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah

*Pearl agreed to tutor me this round!

Username: thekeytoyourheart
PO/PS! Username: thekeytoyourheart
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+4 after 8 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU, BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 1st year college student looking to becoming a competitive player

Username: TrulyDevious
PO/PS! Username: TrulyDevious
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, almost the whole day
Tell us a little about yourself: HS student currently on vacation, I play mons as a pastime. Not a good player or team builder, but willing to learn.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yeah, preferably IRC
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Where'dTheseDucksComeFrom
PO/PS! Username: PureNaCl
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (UTC +00:00) 12pm - 12am (give or take an hour or so)
Tell us a little about yourself: Yes
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I'd rather use IRC but i could also skype but i cant use the mic/camera for skype
I was skipped last round

Username: jvl101993
PO/PS! Username: jvl101993
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 (Central Time). Free every day except Tuesdays and Thursdays, and free on those days from 6:30 PM until midnight (18:30-0:00).
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since 1999, and I've been trying to get better at competitive Pokemon since late DPP (near the end of the Lati/Mence era). I'm a 22-year old college student, aiming to become a high-school teacher.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use both, but I'm much more comfortable with Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Amaroq
PO/PS! Username: PS Amaroq, xAmaroq
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5 (Daylight Savings Time)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I play UU a lot, am trying to get better at OU, and want to become more involved in the tournament scene, so I want to learn DPP OU so I can perform better in tournaments like Smogon Tour.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes.

Username: IroUmi
PO/PS! Username: IroUmi, Tabeta
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Anytime other than 6am-9am M-F (Practice).
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: In my second year of Uni as a Comp Sci major, I am semi-fluent in Japanese, and also I run Track for my University.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes either is fine.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
  1. Username: VeryPinkPancakes
  2. PO/PS! Username: VeryPinkPancakes
  3. Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. I'm available mostly during the day on Saturdays and afternoons on Sundays and Fridays. However, from 8:00-9:00 EST (0:00-1:00 GMT) I am usually available, on weekdays. This week is going to be a little different. From the 16th-19th, I will be available almost the whole day (10 AM EST-9 PM EST or so). However, from the 20th to the 23rd, I will be available little to none at all. Sorry
  4. What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS PU. I've gotten into it already, but I would like to get much better.
  5. Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high schooler from America who is an avid musician. When I'm not playing music with any of the groups I'm in, I am on roomstaff/developement team for Battle Dome (PS's Text Based RPG), I play chatroom Mafia, and I enjoy running.
  6. Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype I have. It's a little broken, but I have it. IRC works too.
  7. Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a defending SPL Champion
Username: Watchog
PO/PS! Username: Watchog
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 usually after 5:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: i play mons need i explain myself
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: irc is fine
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ok

Last edited:
Username: Imsosorrylol
PS Username: Imsosorrylol
Time zone and Availablity: PST; weeknights and weekends
Tier: ORAS OU
About Me: just a high school guy who plays mons
IRC Or Skype: Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works: yea

Username: iGlack
PO/PS! Username: iGlack
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 0 (UK), incredibly flexible, preferably 5pm-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: A 19 year old Econ undergrad who spends too much time on PS
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, preferably Skype.

I applied last time but was rejected. Hopefully on priority list.

Username: Sir Kay
PO/PS! Username: Kay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST/ most time of the day
What tier do you want to learn?: UU/ RU if there are no slots open for UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a global driver, NU room owner, PU Mod, and all around a cool guy !
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype works fine

Username: GenesisAngel
PO/PS! Username: GenesisAngel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00PM-12:00AM Central Time
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've always enjoyed Pokemon, but I am not looking to get into the competitive scene.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: <<
PO/PS! Username: josh
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, inconsistent but fairly often
What tier do you want to learn?: ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: 17, if ur my tutor and u wanna see my mini life story read my post in the cong thread
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: lol

whoever wants to tutor me: please be willing to do it in skype calls, ill lose focus if we are just messaging :( and please be chill. i didn't bother requesting but getting hack or level 56 would be neat

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Username: kilometerman
PO/PS! Username: kilometerman
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT/EST, 4PM-9PM on weekdays, all day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: XY/ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I recently got into the competitive scene and want to get better at Ubers, I've done decently but I want to try and be better. I'm pretty normal, and I like playing other strategy games like EU4 and Total War. I also like reading about history, mainly WW2, among other things. I am a Junior in high school, so finals in a couple months might strain my ability to practice, but I intend to not miss any sessions.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, and I hope to do my best to avoid it.

Last edited:

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Miridy
PO/PS Username: Miridy and several other alts
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 5 pm to 8 pm, also 9 pm to 1 am
tell us a little about yourself: well hello there... nothing much to say from my previous introduction back in round 105, I got skipped back there, mostly because there was no ADV tutor, so I decided to change to DPP another tier I never had the chance to play but yet heard good things about it, would be interested to learn more about it.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes to both

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: littlelucario
PO/PS! Username: littlelucario
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -5 (est) and whenever my tutor wants
What tier do you want to learn?: uu
Tell us a little about yourself: im a p active ou forum contributor and i wanna get into uu
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype, irc is balls

Reactions: Sun
Username: BoukiPO/PS!
Username: Bouki
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 Monday-Sunday available after 2PM
What tier do you want to learn?:PU or LC if not possible
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a french player and i want to improve my knowledeges in PU. I'm 35 (i know i'm old) and i'm actually looking for a job as a sales manager. I spend most of my free time to watch series , playing rugby ...
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Irc
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Last edited:
Username: Louis 3149

PO/PS! Username: Louis 3149

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: eastern Tuesday 3-10pm Friday 3-10pm sat and sunday same time

What tier do you want to learn?: all the tier but mostly Oras ou

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 24 i play yugioh but it got kinda boring i want to start playing competitive pokemon it seem fun i just bought pokemon Omega ruby and pokemon X

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: i don't have a cam but if Skype has chat room i can work with it or in other chat place

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yeah don't want to be in it lol

Last edited:
Username: PURPLEDOOSH
PO/PS! Username: same^
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST(mainly all hours, during school week probably 5:00pm+)
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU or DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm struggling with finals studying and other stuff, but im ready to learn this tier better. I've done this program before.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: passion
PO/PS! Username: passion
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-5
What tier do you want to learn?: oras ou
Tell us a little about yourself: i like anime
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: ya
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ya

alkov agreed to tutor me

posting this for lolbro since he's busy

Username: lolbro
PO/PS! Username: lolbro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST -5 everyday bar sat past 3pm
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Canadian mons player, eh? I just want to learn
have fun
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes, and discord too!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Absolutely

[16:49] lolbro: edit in peli agreed to tutor me
[16:49] lolbro: :o

Last edited:
Username: confide
ps username: confide
timezone: gmt-6
what tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
are you able to use irc or skype?: yea
do you understand how the blacklist works?: yea

I had an inactive tutor last round. Priority.

Username: Nudisto
PO/PS! Username: Nudisto
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7. Available during the day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: PU, ADV OU or NU in that order of preference.
Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm a freshman college student studying journalism. I like to write, play soccer and smoke weed.

Reactions: PD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)