Apprentice Program: Round 109

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to Round 109 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:
  • You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

bromelain: 108-109
PocketMan: 108-109
Vore Gidal: 108-109

This round will end on July 9.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: Always!

PO/PS! Username: Always

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Always! (GMT-4, typically evenings)

What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / DPP OU

Tell us a little about yourself: 16 year old player who has basic knowledge of some old gens, would like to get better at them and possibly be able to play at a high level with them one day :) (Shoutouts to my previous two tutors hellpowna and Snowy., they were amazing!)

Last edited:
Username: BoukiPO/PS!
Username: Bouki
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2 Monday-Sunday available after 2PM
What tier do you want to learn?:Uber
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a french player and i want to improve my knowledeges in Uber. I'm 35 (i know i'm old) and i'm actually looking for a job as a sales manager. I spend most of my free time to watch series , playing rugby ...
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Irc
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Pak

fly higher
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Username: Pak
PO/PS! Username: Pak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -4, usually 1 PM to 5 PM and 8 PM to midnight, but may vary
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS DOU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 17-year-old soon to be high school senior and like playing sports, working out, hanging with friends, and playing mons in my spare time. I mainly play UU but I'm hoping to get into doubles more.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype

Username: piikachuu
PO/PS! Username: piiiikachuuu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT (-4), any time pretty much
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student that wants to play more tiers and meet some new people

Username: TRUSTNO1
PO/PS! Username: Circular Reasoning
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT, every weekday after 17:00, anytime on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I played competitively since gen 2 and fell out of the loop during the early days on BW (around Keldeo's release or so). I'd like to get back into the fold but I'm mostly confused and need pointers.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes to both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: Earth
PO/PS! Username: Earth
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+1, depends
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: i'm a nu player since quite a while now but i'd like to get better and learn new things.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
Holiano agreed to tutor me this round.

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
Username: Natalie.
PO/PS! Username: Natalie
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Weekdays 1-5am, most weekends all-around.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a 21-year old college student trying to suck at mons a little less.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yeah
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yeah

Arifeen agreed to tutor me this round.

Posting for natalie

posting for jarii

Username: Jarii
PO/PS! Username: Jarii
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 8-11pm midweek and most of the time free in the weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: DOU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 20 year old, do a university about mechanism, in my free time I do tabletennis and watch anime for the rest I'm a tutor myself in NU

qsns agreed to tutor me

Username: silverwhiteblue
PO/PS! Username: silverwhiteblue
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+3, evenings "past 6-7 pm", mornings sometimes work
What tier do you want to learn?: doubles ou
Tell us a little about yourself: im 18 years old, graduated. i like video games, football, guitar as hobbies. i have some experience in dou and yeah
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype works great
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: affirmative

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Eyan
PO/PS! Username: Eyan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability?: GMT +8, available from 6am to 2am daily (at least)
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I tutor UU myself, and do stuff on PS!. Find me in the Competitive Tutoring room if you're ever looking for me.
Do you understand how the blacklist work?: Yes

Coconut. has agreed to tutor me this round.

Last edited:
Username: TraceofLife
PO/PS! Username:TraceofLife
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:+7
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes

Eyan has agreed to tutor me this round.

Posting for TraceOfLife since he's unable to make it here.

Username: DeepBlueC
PO/PS! Username: DeepBlueC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+4
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: A college graduate who has some free time and looking to master DPP. Basically need help with understanding the meta, teambuilding etc.

Username: Vacate
PO/PS! Username: Vacate
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, any time desired by tutor
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a 16 year old noob learning pokemon again because being relevant on PS while sucking so much is sorta inappropriate. I've recently finished my exams and have lots of time on my hands! Got tutored in round 86 and really enjoyed it.

Username: Brick Small.
PO/PS! Username: Brick Small
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -3 between 18:00 and 00:00 in my time
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU/ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a low tier player that want to get into high tiers.

Btw I have priority this round bc I was skiped previously

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Username: kilometerman

PO/PS! Username: kilometerman

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST/EDT, 12am-12pm

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU and/or ORAS NU

Tell us a little about yourself: I recently did a 101 Session for Ubers, and I wanted to learn a new meta or two. I have way too much time on my hands and like to meme and play strategy games.

Username: Holiano
PO/PS! Username: Holiano
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+2 available a lot of time
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS PU
Tell us a little about yourself: french player who enjoy low tier, want to learn more about PU; i like a lot watching animes, playing handball and basketball
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: of course

Username: Knightsofhallow

PO/PS: Knightsofhallow

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT, Weekdays 4-10pm. Weekends anytime from 12 noon till midnight.

What Tier do you want to learn? ORAS OU.

Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve played mons since I was a kid, and stalked the forums for a while as well to learn more about the competitive scene. I’m trying to push myself to play competitively and I’m hoping to learn a lot along the way. I’m starting my last semester of University this coming fall and hoping to graduate by Winter! I’m into sports, video games, and I’ve recently started reading books on my free time as well.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype? Yes, whichever the tutor prefers works for me.

Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes.

Username:Tate No Liz
PO/PS! Username: Tate No Liz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Monday through Sunday 2pm - midnight est
Tell us a little about yourself: Kind of been lurking for a few months on the site and now looking to get into a few tours when I can. I love mma and pokemon.

TDK said he will tutor me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Sam I yam

PO/PS! Username: Sam I yam / arbiter

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: est -5 5pm-10pm

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU

Tell us a little about yourself: want to be really good at offense

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes -Skype best

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Posting for resident jungle dweller Arifeen who wants to sign up but can't do so himself right now

Username: Arifeen
PO/PS! Username: Ari
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Nights, Evenings GMT +6
What tier do you want to learn?: Doubles OU
Tell us a little about yourself: ~
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ya

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Eutychios
PO/PS! Username: Eutychios
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +2, free on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: Oras UU
Tell us a little about yourself: 18 years old, love pokemon, and i want learn oras uu, because i love this tier
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye
Sacrì is agree to tutor me this round :D

Last edited:

Digital Sound

I COULD BE BANNED!
Username: Digital Sound
PO/PS! Username: DlGlTALSOUND
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Timezone and I'm usually online MOSTLY of the time.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just your casual teenager who loves to listen to music on a daily basis.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes.

Username: Wheezer
PO/PS! Username: Wheezer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: tuesday-thursday evenings/all of friday-sunday
Tell us a little about yourself: i am severely depressed
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: preferably skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

Username: Repeater1947
PO/PS! Username: Repeater1947
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8; available every day except Thursdays and Fridays. I'm available from 10 AM to 6 PM. However, my school starts on July 4 though, so expect my schedule to change then.
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently a student having a summer vacation until July 4, I'm pretty active playing OU. Although I played OU for a long time and understand a few basic concepts, I still want to learn more about the OU metagame and improve my teambuilding and battling skills. There are still concepts that I do not understand and I can't seem to comprehend on the metagame shifts and metagame trends. And teambuilding in ORAS is much different than in XY. I may have some decent knowledge about the metagame, but I believe that my knowledge still isn't enough, and I want to push myself higher than I am now. In regards to OU, there are a lot of questions I want to ask.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, but I can only use IRC.

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Paraplegic
PO/PS! Username: Paraplegic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: est, almost anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: dubs player looking to learn new tiers
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)