Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO Doubles OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaori agreed to tutor me

assigned to Kaori

Username: dk
PO/PS! Username: dk
Your timezone: CDT (UTC -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays after 3/4/5-ish and most of the time on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Intermediate-ish singles OU player that's dabbled with the ladder and a couple tours for funsies. First picked up 'mons back in the days of Shoddy Battle DPP and have been playing off and on for a while. Avid tour scene follower as well---I've watched SPL8 replays at least 3 times over lol
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to miltankmilk

Username
: TonyFlygon
PO/PS! Username: Tony
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: i don't really have any other hobbies atm. :'c
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i'm old. not young. definitely old. :'c
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: this template should probably be updated.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: i do.

i'm a manager in the upcoming spl and i want to be able to help my player prepare better than i could during the snake draft tournament. i'm very serious about learning dou!!! c:

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: GMars
PO/PS! Username: GMars
Your timezone: CST (GMT -6), EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Most afternoons and nights
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played competitively since XY but really got into PS around SM's release. I mainly play OU and used to play quite a bit of LC, and I've been to a few VGC tournaments and midseasons. I'm really interested in learning Doubles OU as a new metagame.

Akaru Kokuyo

Discord: Akaruyo
is a Top Tiering Contributor
World Defender
assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Akaru Kokuyo
PO/PS! Username: Akaru Kokuyo
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: Most afternoons and nights. On weekends, starting on the afternoon until reaaaally late (Only Friday-Saturday tho)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Well I've been in mons for like 4 years. I first played OU, but now im maining DOU. I have got decent results on tours, but I still lack a lot of stuff. I mainly want to learn how to build since I am really bad at it ):

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Firestorm273
PO/PS! Username: Firestorm273
Your Timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually in the afternoons and nights. I can almost always do weekends unless something else shows up.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started getting into competitive Pokemon during XY when I first started learning about EVs, IVs, natures, and egg moves (before that I was a more casual player and played HeartGold). I've participated in several online tournaments and I usually do really well. These tournaments are usually singles, but whenever a doubles tournament would show up I would enter and usually not do all that great. I just really want to understand double battles in general and how to build teams that would help me win in double battles.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: silverwhiteblue
PO/PS! Username: silverwhiteblue
Your Timezone: gmt+2/3 (its not really american, but i usually have no issues with american timezones since its close enough
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i've been here a while so it's kinda bad that im still signing up for this but hey, quit for a small while and came back to see weird stuff like stealth rock be viable. kind of in just to get some sort of recap on the new meta from an updated doubles ou main ! most of the community knows me, probably my tutor too if i get one so shouldn;t be hard !
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works:yes

if my timezone is deemed to hard to deal with feel free to ignore/delete my post

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: SadisticNarwhal
PO/PS! Username: SadisticNarwhal
Your Timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons on most weekdays, and weekends mostly all day for now
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing comp mons for almost a year now. I tried doubles ladder once and went like 20-0 but I heard the ladder is really bad that low. I mostly play old gens but doubles is a tier I think has really tricky team building and play so I think it would be cool to learn.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: iRKD
PO/PS! Username: iRKD
Your timezone: GMT -8
Usual Hours of Availability: Wed-Friday after 3PM and anytime weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Came back a few months ago and started playing in tours to improve general battling skills with decent results. While singles formats can be universal to play, Doubles to me is like if I was going to a foreign country yet it interests me because of the unique dynamics you have with 2 on the field. Attentive to learn nd spar!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes but prefer Cord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: mhm

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: faded love
PO/PS! Username: faded love
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve played for a long while now, and I know how to perform at a high level. I play mainly USM UU, and consistently am within top 100 on the ladder. I also play regularly and am always looking to improve.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Keahi
PO/PS! Username: Keahi
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings mostly.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been apart of Mono leagues for a while now and am wanting to branch out. An old group I was a part of introduced me to DOU and I love the fast pace of the metagame. Most of my tricks that I've been wanting to try out in Singles work great in Doubles (TrickWind). I'm looking for a new challenge. I've taken part of this program before with Monotype.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes; preference to Discord.

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: ImSquishy
PS! Name: ImSquishy
Timezone: MDT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM Weekends: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive a little in Omega Ruby and got more into it in SUMO and want to get into competitive doubles but have experience in singles.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have DIscord but not Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: MassiveDestruction
PS! Name: MassiveDestruction
Timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability:
Weekdays 4:20/5:00pm-10pm; Weekends: 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started playing competitive in ORAS , i want to learn doubles sumo, but i have experience in singles / actually i play sm ou/ sm nu / bw ou
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
I have Discord

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Havens
PO/PS! Username: c9 nxtlvl, havens n_n
Your timezone: EST (gmt -4) mainly, though I'm currently gmt+8 for two weeks.
Usual Hours of Availability: typically available in the evenings, but I'm very expendable to the tutor's schedule as well.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been on PS since 2012, but I've only started getting serious on playing competitively just this past year. I primarily play Monotype, where I am currently participating in MPL IV, though I've also enjoyed picking up and playing NU, PU, and Ubers as of late. After successfully participating in the recent Gengarite suspect, I'd like to know more about Doubles, specifically IV spreads, as I feel it relates to the singles format in the sense that knowing how to optomize your pokemon's EV spread is just as important as how to use it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord~
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup.

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: ae86drftr
PO/PS! Username: ae86drftr
Your timezone: PST.
Very flexible on time. Prefer evenings or early a.m.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have started to try to better understand competitive play doubles format. Hi I would like to learn how to be a better trainer! I played R/B/Y and G/S but nothing else until ORAS. After relearning a mew Pokemon I decided to take the competitive plunge and failed miserably. I attended a couple tournaments and decided I needed better teams and better understandings of the battles and details. Ive read a lot and still want more info! :)
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: DarkAngeallenq.q
PO/PS! Username: MorganORNot
Your timezone: EST/ GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays after 6 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitively since early oras and got to catch some spl dou matches and got interested in the tier. Afterwards I started playing around in the tier and got some knowledge of the metagame.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Rabia
PO/PS! Username: Rabia is Trash
Your timezone: I live in Florida and have no idea how timezones work currently lol; I'm in GMT -5 when it isn't Daylight Savings Time
Usual Hours of Availability: still trying to solidify my schedule since new semester starting, but I should be available every weekday after 2 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Gonna stick to this gen otherwise this would be too long. I've been playing NU primarily this generation, although I have dipped into UU as well. Peaked around 1565 points or so on NU ladder and got damn close to top 10. Also was an Ubers player at the veeeeery beginning of the generation, but don't recall doing anything noteworthy. Been playing as a whole since early BW and have never played doubles much.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both.

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Holy peperoni
PO/PS! Username: Holy peperoni
Your timezone: I live in Greece. Theres a big difference with the timezones but i dunno there differences
Usual Hours of Availability: Mostly Weekends, Im not exactly sure about my timezones, Ill try to be on usually around the evening not sure when exactly(sry for not being too organized and stuff....)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I dunno much about doubles...
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Mostly Discord but im still getting accustomed on using it
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Pais
PO/PS! Username: Pais
Your timezone: Gtm+2
Usual Hours of Availability: 7-9pm, 2-4pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started to play competitively in late ORAS, I play at least decently a good number of tiers but I feel really noob in Doubles. I would like some help in DOU, it seems to be an high quality metagame xd.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Pais#5202

Username: unami
PO/PS! Username: unami
Your timezone: gmt+8
Usual Hours of Availability: 7pm-12mn daily
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): played since oras, only really have experience in ou. some other tiers i played before a little bit but never got much into it. have been over 2k elo and top 5 on ladder on ou before. want to try doubles
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord pls
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yes

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: hatbirbb
PO/PS Username: hatbirbb
Timezone: AEST
Usual hours of activity: 4PM-7 PM from Monday - Friday and 8AM-7PM From Saturday - Sunday
Experience in Competitive Pokemon: I dont really have much experience in competitive pokemon i started playing PS 2 years ago and mainly laddered in monotype but also played it for fun, but now that iv gotten better in general im looking for someone that can teach me how to teambuild in the correct way and also to help me ladder
Are you able to use Discord or Skype? Yes i can use both but i much prefer Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes i do

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Username: The Idiot Ninja
PO/PS! Username: The Idiot Ninja
Your timezone: CET (GMT+1)
Usual Hours of Availability: 10AM-10PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): SPL RBY player. Played in DPL but sucked so I'm here to get back into DOU properly and now that Mega Gengar isn't here to make my life miserable I will probably enjoy myself a lot. Also I think the dubs community is full of nice people, and I think I have good instincts for the tier since I'm able to do decent while having pretty suboptimal general knowledge of things. I also need a tier to transition to for when the evil tour directors remove rby from the circuit
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord yes, Skype no

assigned to Yellow Paint

mammalu

Perdete il vostro tempo...
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: mammaluu
PO/PS! Username: mammalu
Your timezone: GMT+1:00
Usual Hours of Availability: 14:00-19.00 from Monday to Saturday.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing "seriously" for about 6 months. I started with OU, bh and some other OMs. I think my greatest achievement is to have completed the suspect of DOU, I really loved that tier, so I want to improve in it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes but I prefer Discord

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Averardo
PO/PS! Username: Averardo
Your timezone: +1
every afternoon
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Im not a DOU main, i just played it during gengarite suspect tests and then never played it again. By watching it in spl and snake it seems a really fun meta tho, so i would like to learn a little more about it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Averardo#5421
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

assigned to qsns

Username: starry blanket
PO/PS! Username: starry
Your timezone: GMT-5 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: mon-thurs afternoons/evenings (depending on the amount of work i have), weekend depends on work / plans but usually have at least one or two free nights.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i've been playing OUs for awhile now. i have a pretty good understanding of fundamentals in mons, but idk how to translate this over to doubles. just sorta looking for help with that and a brief introduction to the meta / building in doubles, as that's something i can do on my own once i understand how to actually play haha.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: starry#0018
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

assigned to Yellow Paint

assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: lalden
PO/PS! Username: lalden
Your timezone: GMT-5 (US Central)
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons and evenings most days, depends on work schedule
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing casually for a while, looking to finally get serious in a tier. Doubles seems like a lot of fun and I hate stall so I figured I'd give it a shot. I could also use some help building teams.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, I'd prefer Discord though (lalden#9121)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)