Denied Article Idea - How To RP The Ladder (Satire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this article, I'll go in depth on the subject of how to RP on the ladder. With a satirically serious tone, I'll inform the reader on how they can roleplay with their avatar choices, pokemon choices and behavior. One example could be:

The Non-Canonical Gym Leader
Many players enjoy roleplaying as Gym Leaders on the ladder. Note: this is a different category from the Canonical Gym Leader Roleplayers, who follow the teams from their favorite bosses both in-game and in the anime. The Non-Canonical Gym Leader can always be found with a monotype team, and will always choose an avatar to match the type they've chosen. If you want to be a Non-Canonical Gym Leader, follow these steps:

1. Change your name. Gym Leaders always have a special title, so consider something along the lines of "Gym Leader xXx_charizard420_xXx" when choosing a name.

2. Build a monotype team. It doesn't matter if you cover your weaknesses, as long as your pokemon look really cool together!

3. Try to give your opponent a TM if they beat you.

4. Make sure to talk in character! At the beginning of the game, make sure to have a monologue ready to be pasted into the chat. That way your challengers know what they're up against!

I'll also include tropes such as the "In-Game Team Battler", the "Eeveelutions Master" and "Ash."

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I think this idea has potential, but your example is a little lacking and all I get from it is dry humor at best.

Do you think you could write something a but fuller with more examples of your humor at work?

I'm leaning towards rejecting this idea altogether, as I don't think many readers would be able to relate to it or find it entertaining.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There is potential here for it to be entertaining, however in it's current iteration i'm gonna have to agree with pom. Sorry, but I'm gonna have to reject it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)