Artwork for Tournaments Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tournament name: PU Open
Host: Magnemite
Projected Deadline: signups go up on 7/28
Format(s): PU
Tournament Rules: standard single elim, part of grand slam
Art Direction: nothing in particular other than being a banner. use mons that are high on the viability rankings but please avoid using Floatzel or Gourgeist since there is a chance of them rising to NU next month.

This is the first official tournament my tier has been in so I'd like this to be of good quality, thanks!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tournament name: PU Open
Host: Magnemite
Projected Deadline: signups go up on 7/28
Format(s): PU
Tournament Rules: standard single elim, part of grand slam
Art Direction: nothing in particular other than being a banner. use mons that are high on the viability rankings but please avoid using Floatzel or Gourgeist since there is a chance of them rising to NU next month.

This is the first official tournament my tier has been in so I'd like this to be of good quality, thanks!
here's hoping Zracknel won't turn in his grave bed

Conni

katharsis
Would like to request art for an upcoming tournament :)
(this thread isn't dead right?)
Tournament name: Double Trouble Little Cup Version
Host: Conni
Projected Deadline: Signups at November 15
Format(s): Doubles OU but with LC Rules and Banlist
Tournament Rules: You play Doubles OU, but with LC Rules and Banlist (eg. using level 5 Pokemon, Sneasel banned, using Pokemon like Mienfoo)
Art Direction: Any LC Pokemon drawn working together, (eg. A Spritzee using Aromatherapy and a teammate Mienfoo using Drain Punch on any opposing Pokemon)

Thanks in advance for anyone who does the art for this!

Last edited:

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Ok so I know this is short notice but I actually contacted an Artist a month before my tournament was posted but s/he ended up cancelling. So I guess I'll come here!

Tournament Name: The Gauntlet IV
Host: Crestfall
Deadline: Round 1 already up due to the complications I listed above.
Format: ORAS OU
Tournament Rules: If you let a mon die in any round you are not able to use it again for the rest of the tournament!
Art Direction: I had one of two ideas I presented to the original artist (whoever decides to take this up can opt for whichever is easier, I don't have a preference really)
  • A trophy hovers over a large pile of a bunch of different (but commonly used and recognizable) OU mons who have X's for eyes (knocked out) and there is some kind of human figure or person climbing towards the top towards the shiny trophy.
  • A more solemn take where there is a player/npc/human figure in the middle of a large pokemon graveyard (that radiates outwards in rings) while holding a trophy. And a bunch of tombstones with commonly used OU mons' names (Lando-T, Keld, Clef, Heatran, etc.) inscribed onto them. Then a bunch of indistinguisable and really small and non-detailed tombstones scattered all about in the background and whatnot.
If neither is feasible or too much work please let me know the take you [the artist] would take on it instead!

It'd be awesome if I could get this soon/prioritized since the tour is already up but of course this is short notice and it is an entirely volunteer based thing, so it's ok if not. Thanks in advance~

Reactions: nv
Hi everyone. I would like to request an artwork for this tournament (signups are scheduled next November 25th):

Tournament Name: Sun and Moon LC Tournament
Host: The Quasar (ofc)
Deadline: Signups are scheduled next November 23th
Format: SM LC
Tournament Rules: new SM LC metagame shortly after release
Art Direction: An idea could be a sky with Sun and Moon in the same time, Around LC 'mons I like Rowlet, Litten and Stufful. Two among these could be perfect for me!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
Hi Kris told me to post here about this oo

Since i'm not hosting the tournament this isn't exactly standard but i want to request a new banner for my SPL team, The Alpha Ruiners (you can see the current one in my signature)

I want to keep the team mascot as Unown and probably have the team's name written with them, maybe featuring some other mons that can be found in the ruins of alph like Natu or Smeargle. Don't really have any concrete ideas about the design other than that, is that fine?

edit: keeping the orange color scheme would be nice too

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tournament name: The World's Longest Other Tiers Tour
Host: Elise, miltankmilk, Quote
Projected Deadline: 11th of November, however, because the tournament is supposed to run for a long time we can do for a while without art
Format(s): ORAS Ubers, ORAS UU, ORAS RU, ORAS NU, ORAS PU, ORAS LC, ORAS Doubles
Tournament Rules: Low pressure Swiss tournament in different tiers, simi
Art Direction: I guess anything can work. I think it'd be funny if an Alolan Exeggutor was included, because its p long

Crestfall

Tournament Name: Smogon Regional Tournament v3
Deadline: no rush, ideally within 2 weeks but it's not the biggest deal; sign-ups went up today only
Tournament Rules: Each round has a different region (Kanto, Johto, etc.) and during that round you can only build with mons from that Generation. I.e.) Round 1 is called Hoenn, you can only use pokemon that originated in Gen 3.
Art Direction: Honestly something really simple, perhaps a giant map of all the regions all mashed up or together? Or even just generalized shapes in the background with the names of all the regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos) written on them. Main thing I really want is just a banner that says the tournament's name and looks nice.

Tournament name: Lower Tiers Premier League
Host: rozes and tko
Projected Deadline: There's no rush. The tournament's already started and it's not a huge deal at all.
Format(s): ORAS UU, ORAS RU, ORAS NU and ORAS PU
Tournament Rules: An eight-team team tournament originated to shine light on ORAS' lower tiers, as they've failed to make the SPL cut.
Art Direction: I'm managing a team called the 'Fuego Flygonworks'. Once again, this isn't a huge priority nor am I requesting the absolute greatest of creations. I'm looking for a fun logo with a Flygon wearing a construction helmet to represent our team. That's it. Other than that I'll leave it to you creative minds. :D
Is something like this ok?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Tournament name: The World's Longest Other Tiers Tour
Host: Elise, miltankmilk, Quote
Projected Deadline: 11th of November, however, because the tournament is supposed to run for a long time we can do for a while without art
Format(s): ORAS Ubers, ORAS UU, ORAS RU, ORAS NU, ORAS PU, ORAS LC, ORAS Doubles
Tournament Rules: Low pressure Swiss tournament in different tiers, simi
Art Direction: I guess anything can work. I think it'd be funny if an Alolan Exeggutor was included, because its p long

I tried this abomination.

Ok so I know this is short notice but I actually contacted an Artist a month before my tournament was posted but s/he ended up cancelling. So I guess I'll come here!

Tournament Name: The Gauntlet IV
Deadline: Round 1 already up due to the complications I listed above.
Tournament Rules: If you let a mon die in any round you are not able to use it again for the rest of the tournament!
Art Direction: I had one of two ideas I presented to the original artist (whoever decides to take this up can opt for whichever is easier, I don't have a preference really)
  • A trophy hovers over a large pile of a bunch of different (but commonly used and recognizable) OU mons who have X's for eyes (knocked out) and there is some kind of human figure or person climbing towards the top towards the shiny trophy.
  • A more solemn take where there is a player/npc/human figure in the middle of a large pokemon graveyard (that radiates outwards in rings) while holding a trophy. And a bunch of tombstones with commonly used OU mons' names (Lando-T, Keld, Clef, Heatran, etc.) inscribed onto them. Then a bunch of indistinguisable and really small and non-detailed tombstones scattered all about in the background and whatnot.
If neither is feasible or too much work please let me know the take you [the artist] would take on it instead!

It'd be awesome if I could get this soon/prioritized since the tour is already up but of course this is short notice and it is an entirely volunteer based thing, so it's ok if not. Thanks in advance~
Is this kinda what you were thinking?

Crestfall

dude that's freaking awesome, I really appreciate this. bloody brilliant, thanks man :)

Hi everyone. I would like to request an artwork for this tournament (signups are scheduled next November 25th):

Tournament Name: Sun and Moon LC Tournament
Host: The Quasar (ofc)
Deadline: Signups are scheduled next November 23th
Format: SM LC
Tournament Rules: new SM LC metagame shortly after release
Art Direction: An idea could be a sky with Sun and Moon in the same time, Around LC 'mons I like Rowlet, Litten and Stufful. Two among these could be perfect for me!

Thanks in advance!
Tournament's signups are just running. But we are not too late to help me :)

Crestfall

Tournament Name: Smogon Regional Tournament v3
Deadline: no rush, ideally within 2 weeks but it's not the biggest deal; sign-ups went up today only
Tournament Rules: Each round has a different region (Kanto, Johto, etc.) and during that round you can only build with mons from that Generation. I.e.) Round 1 is called Hoenn, you can only use pokemon that originated in Gen 3.
Art Direction: Honestly something really simple, perhaps a giant map of all the regions all mashed up or together? Or even just generalized shapes in the background with the names of all the regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos) written on them. Main thing I really want is just a banner that says the tournament's name and looks nice.
bump ;;

Conni

katharsis
Would like to request art for an upcoming tournament :)
(this thread isn't dead right?)
Tournament name: Double Trouble Little Cup Version
Host: Conni
Projected Deadline: Signups at November 15
Format(s): Doubles OU but with LC Rules and Banlist
Tournament Rules: You play Doubles OU, but with LC Rules and Banlist (eg. using level 5 Pokemon, Sneasel banned, using Pokemon like Mienfoo)
Art Direction: Any LC Pokemon drawn working together, (eg. A Spritzee using Aromatherapy and a teammate Mienfoo using Drain Punch on any opposing Pokemon)

Thanks in advance for anyone who does the art for this!
I'd like to bump this too, for now I made my own art but it's not good enough ;;
Also it's already Week 1

Last edited:

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
Hi Kris told me to post here about this oo

Since i'm not hosting the tournament this isn't exactly standard but i want to request a new banner for my SPL team, The Alpha Ruiners (you can see the current one in my signature)

I want to keep the team mascot as Unown and probably have the team's name written with them, maybe featuring some other mons that can be found in the ruins of alph like Natu or Smeargle. Don't really have any concrete ideas about the design other than that, is that fine?

edit: keeping the orange color scheme would be nice too
bump, signups are pretty soon

i quickly tried something out, i'll finish it if this is fine, in class rn till tonight, so might have to do the rest tomorrow. I know the moon and sun and stars and shit are still derpy, i'll fix that
I like it, good job. I'll wait you finish it, thanks a lot.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
I'd like to bump this too, for now I made my own art but it's not good enough ;;
Also it's already Week 1
i'll take up your request (hopefully no one ninja-ed me or else it'd be awk) I don't have my tablet with me atm so it might take like 3-5 days to get it done .o.

Crestfall

I just made something real quick cause you've been waiting for while :) it didn't take long, so if you like it i could make you a new banner every round with the region of the round on it instead of the hoen region that's on there now
if you could do that just PM/VM me when you find the time to re-make it with the other regions, if you are too busy it's nbd and this is more than fine enough for me <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)