Resource Ask a simple question get a simple answer: RU edition

phantom

Banned deucer.
There aren't any, really. Tangrowth was good, but not an influential Pokemon in RU ever since Venusaur dropped. There were a couple neat things it could do that other Pokemon can't replicate, though. Its AV set was pretty nice for certain balance builds since it enabled it to check a lot of things very well, particularly Flygon, Virizion, and Meloetta, while actually doing something vs defensive teams by spamming Knock Off and being a Pokemon Alomomola wouldn't want to Wish pass against, so balance teams lost a decent blanket check to several Pokemon and a pivot that didn't forfeit free turns to certain defensive cores; however, Tangrowth doesn't leave a void that's difficult to patch up for those teams anyway. Other sets Tangrowth used were outclassed or unspectacular. I guess the biggest change, albeit minute, is that Water + Grass regen cores are officially dead in RU, but that's about it.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Well the biggest benefactor in terms of movepool suggestions might be Rhyperior, which has less reason to carry Megahorn. Fire Blast is also rather worthless on Absol now.

I've been wanting to get into the tier for a while but I have one question
What makes ambipom cinccino and typhlosion so bad? On paper they seem good but I have had very little experience in the tier so any answer is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I've been wanting to get into the tier for a while but I have one question
What makes ambipom cinccino and typhlosion so bad? On paper they seem good but I have had very little experience in the tier so any answer is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Normal-typing is bad offensively and so many Pokemon take advantage of them like Diancie and Registeel. They also have paper thin defenses making them spliced by revenge killers and Mach Punch users like Delphox and Hitmonlee. There is literally no reason to use Typhlosion over Delphox except Specs Eruption which takes to much team effort to support with very little reward. Typhlosion the worst and Cincinno is salvageable but still considered bad.

Last edited:
Would Specs Magneton+Duggy be counted as a good offensive core?

Duggy traps and kills Magnetons checks whilst Magneton either kills or walls the Waters, Ices and Grasses (bar Virizion and Seismitoad) that give Duggy trouble.

Would Specs Magneton+Duggy be counted as a good offensive core?

Duggy traps and kills Magnetons checks whilst Magneton either kills or walls the Waters, Ices and Grasses (bar Virizion and Seismitoad) that give Duggy trouble.
That pairing seems fairly solid but both seem to struggle with Flygon who, while it cant switch in well to specs analytic Flash Cannon, outspeeds Mag and isn't trapped by Duggy while threatening both. Making sure you have good answers to it would be very important as it is a very common pokemon.

I would recommend analytic if you weren't thinking that already as Duggy and Magnet Pull Mag both deal with Steel Types so using both is usually redundant. A mon that can bait in steel types for your core would be really useful to add, like a fairy or one of the good poison types in RU.

That pairing seems fairly solid but both seem to struggle with Flygon who, while it cant switch in well to specs analytic Flash Cannon, outspeeds Mag and isn't trapped by Duggy while threatening both. Making sure you have good answers to it would be very important as it is a very common pokemon.

I would recommend analytic if you weren't thinking that already as Duggy and Magnet Pull Mag both deal with Steel Types so using both is usually redundant. A mon that can bait in steel types for your core would be really useful to add, like a fairy or one of the good poison types in RU.
I'm planning to use it on a team with Aromatisse and Blastoise, which should be adequate.

I don't necessarily disagree with this statement, but can someone tell me how Sawk is in the A ranking? I cant really find any niche for it with all the physically defensive pokes roaming in the tier. I'm curious to know what makes it an A rating poke

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't necessarily disagree with this statement, but can someone tell me how Sawk is in the A ranking? I cant really find any niche for it with all the physically defensive pokes roaming in the tier. I'm curious to know what makes it an A rating poke
it has the power to bust through common defensive cores like Registeel+Alomomola with a Choice Band set, and it has sturdy to act as an emergency check to certain threats after your normal checks for them have been eliminated.

it has the power to bust through common defensive cores like Registeel+Alomomola with a Choice Band set, and it has sturdy to act as an emergency check to certain threats after your normal checks for them have been eliminated.
Thanks for the answer, I was not familiar with it

What are some good partners for Hoopa-C?

I've been trying to make a Hoopa team for a few days now, and I just can't think of anything that can pair well with it. Help is appreciated.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are some good partners for Hoopa-I?

I've been trying to make a Hoopa team for a few days now, and I just can't think of anything that can pair well with it. Help is appreciated.
SD Virizion is an excellent partner because it loved eating all the Dark-type hits that Hoopa baits in for its own gain. Dugtrio also traps a couple of pursusit trappers in Houndoom and Drapion that annoy Hoopa to no end

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Virizion is a good answer vs. RegiMola and should be paired with an offensive Psychic-type like Sigilyph since Virizion can handle Registeel. Sigilyph also helps versus Venusaur which is a really common partner for RegiMola
Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Energy Ball
The Flame Orb + Calm Mind also works well here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)