Balanced Hackmons Viability Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for double post. edit: this turned out not to be a double post after all!

I would gladly have you on the team if this ends up being revived. I was already in the middle of doing a revamp, though. What do you guys think of this? Is it worth starting a new thread?

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the BH metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

S+ Rank

S Rank

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the BH metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits.

A+ Rank

A Rank

A- Rank

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the BH metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.

B+ Rank

B Rank

B- Rank

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the BH metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon.

C+ Rank

C Rank

C- Rank

D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are mediocre in the BH metagame, but are viable enough to justify their use on select teams. These Pokemon are either usable but have no real niche, or are only capable of doing their specific task and fail at doing anything more than that. Pokemon from this rank have multiple crippling flaws that prevent them from being successful a majority of the time, and are often severely outclassed because of it.

D Rank

Blissey Rank: Blissey is in a unique situation in Balanced Hackmons in that it's directly outclassed by Chansey for all but one set (Final Gambit) because of Chansey's ability to bluff Eviolite even if it's running something else. However, it is, along with most high-HP Imposter pokemon, runnable, and very good.
This ranks look much better than the current ones, but you forgot Mega Tyranitar (B+?).

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Pikachu is a D-Rank tops. Even with the Light Ball boost, you may as well run Lucky Punch Chansey instead; the jump-start in crit rate would turn most of its Impostered moves into an instant +1 that ignores Defense boost 50% of the time at the very least. Yeah, it's overall weaker, but at least you keep the high HP so you live a hit. Besides, there really aren't many KOs that Pikachu would score that Chansey would miss out on.

I'm still on board for Mega-Swampert for at least C-Rank. It still has niches that make it trump Mega-Gyarados, Kyogre, Mega-Tyranitar, and Groudon in a few ways and has a solid stat-line overall. Also, I can see Ho-Oh ranked higher than C-Rank because I've faced several and they can be a pain to remove.

While on the topic, why is Slaking C+-Rank? I get that it's a substitute for Regigigas, but there is virtually no reason to use it over Regigigas. Its decent HP and small Special Attack and overall physical bulk increases are rarely worth the ridiculous loss in special bulk, and there is no other difference between the two. At that point, why bother using it over Regigigas?
At +2 speed, Slaking/Regi are outspeeding everything except priority, and all relevant priority happens to be physical (fakespeed)

getting ohkoed by a boomburst doesnt matter if you outspeed and ohko with facade

Pikachu is a funny case when compared to lucky punch chansey
Both can be amazing, and in a way they are hard to compare if you think deeper into it

The thing is, both heavily rely on RNG for their amazing factor;
Pikachu is better if you win the speed tie cause the 2x damage is persistant
Chansey is better if the lucky punch procs often enough, but also comes with the extra HP that gives it the edge.

Overall Chansey has larger safety net with the extra HP but it cannot do the major game turner as easy with just winning the speed tie like pikachu does and only gets the 50% extra with the crits which are not always ensured and not the 100% of lightball that is ensured. The safety net is a big deal tho as pikachu's hp is just so so low it will likely not survive if it loses the speed tie. Not to mention other factors can stop the killing spree easier with that low hp.

Still, the luck reliance is just so so heavy it barely is worth the rank if you ask me.
Pikachu is a gamble, some people get use out of it, some people don't, it will easily give the fallacy of its amazingness if you keep getting lucky using it, but its not as amazing and reliable all the time.
Quite frankly, for pokemon to be viable, it also needs to be reliable enough for the job, so less RNG it needs and better it is at dampening the effect of bad luck, the better.

Uselesscrab you can take over the first post if Piccolo Daimao isn't planning on maintaining this. Or, E4 Flint was going to post a megathread similar to the AG Resources. If that's happening soon then there's no need for you to takeover.
Piccolo said he can maintain it. I'll ask him if we wants to add in the new version of the rankings that is currently in process. Otherwise I will take over the first post and add the rankings, which I have been working on with people such as Mamp and Kingslayer in a pirate pad

Edit: Piccolo will continue to run the rankings. New ones will be posted shortly.

Last edited:
The New BH Viability Rankings
Created by: Uselesscrab, MAMP, highlighter, Kingslayer2779, AWailOfATail, InfernapeTropius11, and probably others
aka: the "UC doesn't really care that much about alphabetical order" viability rankings
S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the BH metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

S Rank
Chansey
Mega Diancie
Mega Rayquaza
Mega Mewtwo Y

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the BH metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits.

A+ Rank
Mega Mewtwo X
Giratina
Mega Gengar

A Rank
Aegislash
Registeel
Mega Tyranitar
Mega Audino
Primal Groudon

A- Rank
Dialga
Shedinja
Mega Latias
Mega Latios

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the BH metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.

B+ Rank
Ho-oh
Arceus
Yveltal
Kyogre
Kyurem-Black

B Rank
Mega Gyarados
Regigigas
Slaking
Mega Slowbro
Mega Garchomp

B- Rank
Regirock
Xerneas
Mega Metagross

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the BH metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon.

C+ Rank
Lugia
Mega Venusaur
Mega Sceptile
Deoxys-Attack
Mega Aggron
Mega Aerodactyl
Kyurem-White
Mega Blaziken
Cresselia
Mega Steelix
Gengar

C Rank
Palkia
Mega Scizor
Reshiram
Deoxys-Speed
Groudon
Hoopa-Unbound

C- Rank
Zekrom
Giratina-Origin
Mega Swampert

D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are mediocre in the BH metagame, but are viable enough to justify their use on select teams. These Pokemon are either usable but have no real niche, or are only capable of doing their specific task and fail at doing anything more than that. Pokemon from this rank have multiple crippling flaws that prevent them from being successful a majority of the time, and are often severely outclassed because of it.

D Rank
Mega Alakazam
Ferrothorn
Heatran
Mawile
Kangaskhan
Mega Heracross
Mega Salamence
Mega Ampharos
Pikachu

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
This looks much better, great job!

First nomination thought: Primal Groudon for A+/S.

The thing is still pretty much unwallable in BH. Unaware Tina still loses to V-Create if you can burn it or get a leech seed, FC tina can be set up fodder. Even if FC Tina can counter most sets, its pretty much the only thing that even has a chance. If you pair it with an MMX Lure that can beat Tina, Pdon is pretty much just gunna win. Its also so hard to revenge kill due to typing and bulk. I would post calcs but I'm lazy and I'm pretty sure you guys know how good it is/what it does. What was reasoning for A?

Created by: Uselesscrab, MAMP, highlighter, Kingslayer2779, AWailOfATail, InfernapeTropius11, and probably others
aka: the "UC doesn't really care that much about alphabetical order" viability rankings

S Rank
Chansey
Mega Diancie
Mega Rayquaza
Mega Mewtwo Y

A+ Rank
Mega Mewtwo X
Giratina
Mega Gengar

A Rank
Aegislash
Registeel
Mega Tyranitar
Mega Audino
Primal Groudon

A- Rank
Dialga
Shedinja
Mega Latias
Mega Latios

B+ Rank
Ho-oh
Arceus
Yveltal
Kyogre
Kyurem-Black

B Rank
Mega Gyarados
Regigigas
Slaking
Mega Slowbro
Mega Garchomp

B- Rank
Regirock
Xerneas
Mega Metagross

C+ Rank
Lugia
Mega Venusaur
Mega Sceptile
Deoxys-Attack
Mega Aggron
Mega Aerodactyl
Kyurem-White
Mega Blaziken
Cresselia
Mega Steelix
Gengar

C Rank
Palkia
Mega Scizor
Reshiram
Deoxys-Speed
Groudon
Hoopa-Unbound

C- Rank
Zekrom
Giratina-Origin
Mega Swampert

D Rank
Mega Alakazam
Ferrothorn
Heatran
Mawile
Kangaskhan
Mega Heracross
Mega Salamence
Mega Ampharos
Pikachu
I know someone is going to ask, so i'm answering it now. The regular forms of Mawile, Kangaskhan, and Gengar and their placement in the rankings reflects the viability of manual mega evolution sets, not actual regular form sets. And yes we ranked Pikachu. Still not sure if we are feeding a meme or representing a niche.

also nice way to forget me uc smh. edit: lol you edited it.
This looks much better, great job!

First nomination thought: Primal Groudon for A+/S.

The thing is still pretty much unwallable in BH. Unaware Tina still loses to V-Create if you can burn it or get a leech seed, FC tina can be set up fodder. Even if FC Tina can counter most sets, its pretty much the only thing that even has a chance. If you pair it with an MMX Lure that can beat Tina, Pdon is pretty much just gunna win. Its also so hard to revenge kill due to typing and bulk. I would post calcs but I'm lazy and I'm pretty sure you guys know how good it is/what it does. What was reasoning for A?
Primal-Don is A rank because he is limited to just Red Orb sets, even if he is pretty much unwallable. I totally agree with A+ rank, but i disagree with S rank.He is too limited for an actual S rank.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
what set is aegislash ranked for? it seems like registeel with worse bulk and the tiny niche of fighting immunity (but fighting isnt even a common attacking type and the mons that have it usually have spookyplate judgment to smack it anyways)

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
what set is aegislash ranked for? it seems like registeel with worse bulk and the tiny niche of fighting immunity (but fighting isnt even a common attacking type)
Fighting is actually a very threatening offensive type. With the amount of Registeels around right now, any help that offense can get against it is useful. It also can counter Shedinja (Endeavor has no effect) and not get PerishTrapped. Finally, its Flash Fire set is more capable of walling Contrary sets due to its immunity to Close Combat. I personally always use at least one Ghost type on my teams simply for the Normal/Fighting immunity, and both Registeel and Aegislash are very viable as a Steel-type wall.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it's easier to imposter-proof with for the same reasons that it can wall Contrary.

S Rank
Chansey
Mega Diancie
Mega Rayquaza
Mega Mewtwo Y

A+ Rank
Mega Mewtwo X
Giratina
Mega Gengar

A Rank
Aegislash
Registeel
Mega Tyranitar
Mega Audino
Primal Groudon

A- Rank
Dialga
Shedinja
Mega Latias
Mega Latios

B+ Rank
Ho-oh
Arceus
Yveltal
Kyogre
Kyurem-Black

B Rank
Mega Gyarados
Regigigas
Slaking
Mega Slowbro
Mega Garchomp

B- Rank
Regirock
Xerneas
Mega Metagross

C+ Rank
Lugia
Mega Venusaur
Mega Sceptile
Deoxys-Attack
Mega Aggron
Mega Aerodactyl
Kyurem-White
Mega Blaziken
Cresselia
Mega Steelix
Gengar

C Rank
Palkia
Mega Scizor
Reshiram
Deoxys-Speed
Groudon
Hoopa-Unbound

C- Rank
Zekrom
Giratina-Origin
Mega Swampert

D Rank
Mega Alakazam
Ferrothorn
Heatran
Mawile
Kangaskhan
Mega Heracross
Mega Salamence
Mega Ampharos
Pikachu
Nice job, this really needed doing at this point. I obviously have some noms, but hey.
-Heatran to unranked
Heatran has a niche, but it's not really a usable one. Its weak, lacks bulk, and wishes that thousand arrows didn't exist with a burning passion. Its even more one dimensional that anything else there. I suppose I can see it as not being useless, but I don't think we have to rank everything.

-Gengar to B-
While it does have the crippling flaw of manual evolution, shadow tag is amazing and it has no real competition from other mons that want to use the slot. While pivoting is pretty common, I think its still just to effective for the C ranks.

-Cresselia to C
The metagame isn't very good to it, and it isn't that bulky, especially considering its weakness to ghost, koff, and competition from Maudino. I'd even push for lower, really. If someone has a reason for it I'm fine, but much more usable mons are ranked lower down.

-Mega Audino to A+
This thing is amazing, even more so than the A tank. Its honestly one of the best mons ATM, as it has no common weaknesses, a great immunity, and some solid resistances, plus an incredible bulk. Will elaborate more later

what set is aegislash ranked for? it seems like registeel with worse bulk and the tiny niche of fighting immunity (but fighting isnt even a common attacking type)
Wail said it well, but I'm going to add on to what he said. Fighting immunity is great for MMX/Contrary in general, as well as close combat Megaray. With flash fire its one of the best imposterproofing out there, and can wall things like impostered MMY if they get caught as a fighting type, as well as imposterproofing boomburst for protean. Its basically a general utility typing, especially as Registeel loses to things like MGar and MMY anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)