BH Balanced Hackmons

ad 4) I'm so fucking stupid, I forgot that you are unaffected by Perish song and thought that both you and the imposter will die to it xD So the problem is nonexistant and you don't need Shed Shell. Dankinium Z is always a nice option on a Parting Shot user.

I even run Switcheroo with a Choice Band on my unaware Gyarados (Pursuit, Spectral Thief, Switcheroo, Shore up), because the band ensures the OHKO with Pursuit against opposing MMYs when they switch out and thanks to switcheroo it is a guaranteed stop to Normalize Gengars.

ad 4) I'm so fucking stupid, I forgot that you are unaffected by Perish song and thought that both you and the imposter will die to it xD So the problem is nonexistant and you don't need Shed Shell. Dankinium Z is always a nice option on a Parting Shot user.

I even run Switcheroo with a Choice Band on my unaware Gyarados (Pursuit, Spectral Thief, Switcheroo, Shore up), because the band ensures the OHKO with Pursuit against opposing MMYs when they switch out and thanks to switcheroo it is a guaranteed stop to Normalize Gengars.
Lol everybody derps, doesn't mean your stupid (IMO, your definitely one of the better players here). Also, thanks for the tip, I'ma try this :).

Hi guys I made a insane shedinja setup set that can be applied to almost anything this is the same set I used with my mauvile set that I don't think anybody saw :pirate:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear (or any stat boosting move shift gear is one of the best tho)
- Baton Pass
- Spectral Thief
- Spore

:mad:

Hi guys I made a insane shedinja setup set that can be applied to almost anything this is the same set I used with my mauvile set that I don't think anybody saw :pirate:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear (or any stat boosting move shift gear is one of the best tho)
- Baton Pass
- Spectral Thief
- Spore

:mad:
theres no reason to use shedinja. you might as well use something with more than 1 hp, that can come in on hazards, or switch into status moves. shed without an ability that makes it survive longer (read: sturdy, maaaaybe magic guard) is totally useless.

theres no reason to use shedinja. you might as well use something with more than 1 hp, that can come in on hazards, or switch into status moves. shed without an ability that makes it survive longer (read: sturdy, maaaaybe magic guard) is totally useless.
like what else can i use instead?

like what else can i use instead?

you pick any one of these Pokemon and odds are its better. Personally i'd recommend zygarde, but I haven't played bh in a while so what do I know. Though you'll eventually come to realise, once you become more experienced in BH, that such a set has many drawbacks associated to it. But regardless, have fun on the ladder anyway

Arceus-Normal, as it is immune to spectral theif , so that it can pass stat boosts more freely - altough you have to watch out for spectral thief on the switch and haze.

Last edited:
Sturdy shedinja would be much more useful than prankster. It hard walls a ton of threats, but requires you to baby-sit it to do its job. You have to be sure to keep hazards off the field and to scout the enemy pokes for moongheist/sunsteel in order for shed to have a chance to thrive.

Arceus-Normal, as it is immune to spectral theif , so that it can pass stat boosts more freely - altough you have to watch out for spectral thief on the switch and haze.
unless you have a you have a normal type

Sturdy shedinja would be much more useful than prankster. It hard walls a ton of threats, but requires you to baby-sit it to do its job. You have to be sure to keep hazards off the field and to scout the enemy pokes for moongheist/sunsteel in order for shed to have a chance to thrive.
i actually never thought of that! because moongeist and sun steel are so common i thought no way it would just utterly fail. also got to watch out for burns toxic and z-moves

you pick any one of these Pokemon and odds are its better. Personally i'd recommend zygarde, but I haven't played bh in a while so what do I know. Though you'll eventually come to realise, once you become more experienced in BH, that such a set has many drawbacks associated to it. But regardless, have fun on the ladder anyway
the point of the set up is not to have shedinja be the attacker the point is to have shedinja do the setup then bp into the attacker with its boosted stats

unless you have a you have a normal type

i actually never thought of that! because moongeist and sun steel are so common i thought no way it would just utterly fail. also got to watch out for burns toxic and z-moves

the point of the set up is not to have shedinja be the attacker the point is to have shedinja do the setup then bp into the attacker with its boosted stats
yeah but if you cant live an attack to pass, its useless. it would be better to have something bulky set up multiple times then pass, or spectral thief without being killed by their setup sweeper.

For using setup moves to baton pass stat boosts, a Normal Arceus is the best, as it is bulky enough and immune to spectral thief (something like Gengarite Gengar or Normalize Gengar with Anchor shot can do the job too, but it is very gimmicky). For surviving hits from opposing sweepers and stealing their boosts, Unaware Gyarados is the best choice.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I want to here the gyrados from sombody else you have a gyrados as your profile picture so there may be some bias :toast::v4::mad::afrostar::pimp::heart:
mega gyarados is a good mon. kind of like golisopod

it makes for a good unaware user because of its resistances to steel and ghost, the types of the two moves that ignore unaware. power trip/stored power resistance is really nice too. however a weakness to u-turn really holds it back at times. zyg is another option that has more bulk allowing it to take hits despite its lack of resistances to common moves, but some things run ice moves for it

honestly i find prankster haze to be a much better option than unaware in general, because it just feels so much less passive; you don't have to worry as much about your opponent carrying the wrong move.

that being said though good counterplay to setup alone will pretty much get you to around 1500 on the ladder so just use whatever kind you like lol

haze targets the field so it isn't blocked by dazzling/majesty/psychic terrain
Haze is actually blocked by psychic terrain,since it effects the field,unless I'm mis-remembering. The other two don't block it tho...As you said

EDIT: Sorry I'm an idiot. I ran Defog/Haze on the same prankster set,and I was remembering defog.

So this isn't a complete waste of time, How do you switch in your prankster haze user in the first place? afaik most sets don't even run recovery,so you could very well be worn down and die on the switch in,and your prankster haze isn't much use when it's dead.

So this isn't a complete waste of time, How do you switch in your prankster haze user in the first place? afaik most sets don't even run recovery,so you could very well be worn down and die on the switch in,and your prankster haze isn't much use when it's dead.
Either swap in a pivot that might live or sac another mon that is of the least value at that point in the game. Registeel lives most +2 attacks that aren't super effective but not very well

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
hey i wanna know what you guys think about the following two (fairly standard) sets:

Zygarde (Zygarde-Complete) @ Safety Goggles / Shed Shell
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief / Haze / Topsy-Turvy
- Shore Up
- U-turn / Stealth Rock / Defog / ...

Relaxed Nature / Sassy Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Haze
- Shore Up

i usually only use prankster zyg and i don't really see much of a reason to use unaware. like it checks triage a bit better but you already beat most triage sets with core enforcer into haze, while unaware falls flat against common contrary users such as scept and ice hammer pdon. additionally, unaware zyg actually loses the 1v1 against +6 drum pdon because it takes a ton from sunsteel and dies to icicle crash; at least prankster can haze the pdon and switch out to something like chansey. is there really any reason to use unaware zyg in the current meta? please let me know what you think

hey i wanna know what you guys think about the following two (fairly standard) sets:

Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up

- Core Enforcer
- Haze
- Shore Up

i usually only use prankster zyg and i don't really see much of a reason to use unaware. like it checks triage a bit better but you already beat most triage sets with core enforcer into haze, while unaware falls flat against common contrary users such as scept and ice hammer pdon. additionally, unaware zyg actually loses the 1v1 against +6 drum pdon because it takes a ton from sunsteel and dies to icicle crash; at least prankster can haze the pdon and switch out to something like chansey. is there really any reason to use unaware zyg in the current meta? please let me know what you think
I don't really have any specific examples of the detail you used, but imo the primary advantage of unaware is if you make a bad prediction or if they opponent has some setup you've never seen before you're punished less for switching in an unaware mon onto the first attack, whereas with prankster in some situations you may be forced to sacrifice something to bring it in. (Sorry I dont have any specific scenarios to demonstrate)

Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up

- Core Enforcer
- Haze
- Shore Up

The answer to your question is no sets like this are frequently used to deal with contrary set ups and the like. Zygarde has trouble with these sets from what I've seen Despite it's general defensiveness. However the second set I can see much more likely however instead of haze I would recommend spec. thief or heart swap. Of course you cant forget the fact that prankster comes with its own falts being the dark types immunity to it. So I would recommend the use of spec. thief but then prankster loses it's usefulness by quite a bit. But finally I ask why the 0 speed?

I think it is so that Core Enforcer moves second so it can remove the ability?
why should you remove the ability second? Obviously the point of these sets he made was to deal with as I said contrary and similar set's. And well it can get rid of the unburden on belly drum sets before it doubles speed.

why should you remove the ability second? Obviously the point of these sets he made was to deal with as I said contrary and similar set's. And well it can get rid of the unburden on belly drum sets before it doubles speed.
core enforcer doesnt remove the ability if you move first.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
on top of core enforcer going 2nd, it also lets zygarde pivot after opposing walls like min-speed giratina do with u-turn, allowing for momentum advantage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)