Battle Mechanics Research

I'd say no. Like Magic Bounce doesn't send status back to the opponent if it appears after the status being inflicted.
Things like that.

From Bulbapedia's article on Sheer Cold:

"Ice-type Pokémon are now immune to Sheer Cold. Additionally, the move's accuracy is lowered if the user is not an Ice-type Pokémon.

Sheer Cold's accuracy is now displayed as 30%."

Does anyone know how big this accuracy drop is? I've been googling myself silly trying to answer this question.

EDIT: I did some testing myself in the Battle Tree singles. My, so far limited, testing has thus far yielded 20 hits and 73 misses. Not even 100 data points yet, but it feels like it's 20% accurate. EDIT2: This was with a Suicune btw.

Last edited:
Today a gengar destiny bonded my rotom using volt switch, but it was the pokemon i switched in who fell to it. Wasnt able to save replay since i got dq'd, is there an easy way to test it?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Today a gengar destiny bonded my rotom using volt switch, but it was the pokemon i switched in who fell to it. Wasnt able to save replay since i got dq'd, is there an easy way to test it?
Destiny bond is self-targeted, meaning if the gengar faints before it uses another move, the mon that KOs it will also faint.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
i meant the mon that appeared last in front of it, not the one who landed the volt switch
Are you saying:
1) Gengar used destiny bond
2) Rotom used volt switch
3) Gengar fainted
4) You sent in a new pokemon
5) The new pokemon fainted?

I'm confused

Sorry to bother everyone, but small question for you all.

I was under the impression until recently that in the event of a two pokemon knockout, resulting in the end of the match, with one pokemon using a move to knock out their opponent and the other using an ability/item to knock out their opponent, the trainer of the pokemon who knocked out their opponent through an ability/item won the match.

However, in the ongoing 2017 Feb International, I just completed a battle in which I lost, even though my Rough Skin Garchomp knocked out my opponents Decidueye via Rough Skin, while my opponent knocked out my Garchomp with Leaf Blade, ending the match. (I've uploaded the replay: L7QG-WWWW-WWW5-L72D)

Has there been a change in this mechanic since Gen 6, or has this always been the case and I'm an idiot? Ty!

Pepeduce

PepeDuce, le seul, l'unique ! #SGZ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Does anyone know if Z Happy Hour increases all stats even using by a Pokemon with Contrary as ability ? On PS it works with Malamar but I don't know if it's a bug or a stuff like that.

Sorry to bother everyone, but small question for you all.

I was under the impression until recently that in the event of a two pokemon knockout, resulting in the end of the match, with one pokemon using a move to knock out their opponent and the other using an ability/item to knock out their opponent, the trainer of the pokemon who knocked out their opponent through an ability/item won the match.

However, in the ongoing 2017 Feb International, I just completed a battle in which I lost, even though my Rough Skin Garchomp knocked out my opponents Decidueye via Rough Skin, while my opponent knocked out my Garchomp with Leaf Blade, ending the match. (I've uploaded the replay: L7QG-WWWW-WWW5-L72D)

Has there been a change in this mechanic since Gen 6, or has this always been the case and I'm an idiot? Ty!
Iirc this was changed in gen 7. I think it was originally like this in gen 7, then Nintendo noted that that was a bug and they meant to change it, then the first patch fixed it.

Does anyone know if Z Happy Hour increases all stats even using by a Pokemon with Contrary as ability ? On PS it works with Malamar but I don't know if it's a bug or a stuff like that.
Just tested with Z-Confide Serperior -- stat buffs from Z-moves ignore Contrary. (Edit: I mean the stat buff for it being a Z-move, e.g. Z-Calm Mind doesn't ignore it.)

Last edited:

Pepeduce

PepeDuce, le seul, l'unique ! #SGZ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Just tested with Z-Confide Serperior -- stat buffs from Z-moves ignore Contrary. (Edit: I mean the stat buff for it being a Z-move, e.g. Z-Calm Mind doesn't ignore it.)
Thx man ! So if I understand well Z effect bypasses Contrary (for example: Z bulk Up will give you +1 in Attack but you will still have a Attack and Def drops due to Bulk Up effect).

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Does Adrenaline Orb still activate if the attack-lowering effect of Intimidate was suppressed through something like Hyper Cutter or Clear Body?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)