Battle Spot Premier League - Discussion Thread

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

~~ Discussion Thread ~~

Welcome to the discussion thread for BSPL! This is where you can talk about anything related to BSPL (such as draft thoughts and match discussion), and general messing around

Here are some resources to help you get started:

Draft Logs
BSPL Spreadsheet

Week 1
Week 2

Thread rules: Don't be an excessive asshole and don't spam. That is all.​

Last edited:

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm all for shitposting but let's at least try to keep it relevant to BSPL lol

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
It's up to players to schedule and battle with their respective opponents before a round's deadline, and a round for BSPL should last a week.

I recommend reading this post for scheduling tips :heart:

You're all lucky this was a PS! format, which I don't play, otherwise me and Demantoid would have to duke it out for the BSD tourneys and we'd all have to stomach whatever stupid shit I'd be testing that particular week.
cant say y no Escavalier. Aegislash is immaculate, I agree, but the cringeworthy puns! You could all wear a broom on your heads, and fly around at high speeds, except during battle were you slow down to a base 20 crawl.
Won't clog the thread further; I will be watching and following though.

Wait now, r we supposed to do something regarding artwork?
Yeah that would be fun! Im not a pro at making logos myself though. Maybe a rhyhorn in the viridian forest or something like that!

Glad to be in your team GREMP! :) its an honour! Nice victory against that disable gengar btw on yt!

Will you give a look at my team btw sometime?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
during draft practice

[01:14:48] *Scrappie: It is now **lasvegasgengars**'s turn to nominate a player for auction.
[01:14:59] %Hulavuta: .nom 6tennis
[01:14:59] *Scrappie: hulavuta from lasvegasgengars has nominated **6tennis** for auction. BSS
[01:15:00] %cant say: who tf is las vegas?
[01:15:00] *Scrappie: hulavuta[lasvegasgengars]: **3000**.
[01:15:06] *Scrappie: __Five seconds remaining!__
[01:15:07] %NOVED: LOL
[01:15:11] *Scrappie: **lasvegasgengars has bought 6tennis for 3000!**
[01:15:12] %NOVED: i was gonna nom 6tennis too
[01:15:13] *Scrappie: It is now **fallarborflareblitzers**'s turn to nominate a player for auction.
[01:15:18] %Hulavuta: lol
[01:15:26] %NOVED: is does that every time?
[01:15:27] #DragonWhale: nobody upbid lmao
[01:15:33] OrdA-Y: that's pretty large
[01:15:34] %Hulavuta: can we kill that list
[01:15:35] %Hulavuta: we already have it
[01:15:37] %Hulavuta: in the hastebin
[01:15:38] OrdA-Y: I'll remove the descriptions
[01:15:40] %cant say: that was quick
[01:15:44] %cant say: was that 10 seconds?
[01:15:48] %NOVED: yeah i didnt even see hula nom
[01:15:49] %Hulavuta: you guys were supposed to upbid
[01:15:55] %NOVED: i think thats why it felt quick tho
[01:15:56] %GroudonEmpire: damn lol
[01:15:56] %Hulavuta: nobody wanted to pick 6tennis even as a joke

DragonWhale

ABOUT GHOSTING

Just in case some players/managers are unaware of ghosting rules in tournaments, here it is: Ghosting is the act of talking in the battle chat or to players playing a tournament game that will influence their train of thought and consequently their decisions during the game. Ghosting is BANNED, and will be met with serious consequences if done during tournament games.

Messages that constitutes ghosting include, and is not limited to:
  • Straightforward Ghosting. "Do X", "He's gonna Y so do Z" etc. There's no room for debate about posts of this nature.
  • Thinking out loud. "Hmm he might do X", "Maybe he'll double to Y" etc. It's indirect, but not much different from straightforward ghosting and will count as such.
  • Discussing potential sets, of any sort, for any Pokemon, that clearly influence a player's thought process. Not really clear and too open to interpretation? Too bad. Luckily, there's one foolproof way you won't be accused of this aspect of ghosting: DON'T TALK ABOUT SETS AT ALL, EVEN AS A JOKE especially if it's about something that isn't revealed yet. If you jokingly say something like "What if that's scarf Zapdos lol" in the battle chat and I judge that the comment has had an obvious impact on the decisions being made, you will be punished.
Consequences for ghosting will result in a match loss for the player who actively accepted the ghosting and a stern warning on the team the player belonged to. Both the ghosted and ghoster will be immediately disqualified from BSPL and receive infraction points + a 6-month sitewide tournament ban + a Tournament Banned! custom title.

Honestly, it'll most likely be a huge pain in the ass to go through with punishments if they happen, so please do me a favor and don't risk your entire smogon reputation for the sake of winning a BSPL game. Thanks :heart:

Last edited:
during draft practice

[01:14:48] *Scrappie: It is now **lasvegasgengars**'s turn to nominate a player for auction.
[01:14:59] %Hulavuta: .nom 6tennis
[01:14:59] *Scrappie: hulavuta from lasvegasgengars has nominated **6tennis** for auction. BSS
[01:15:00] %cant say: who tf is las vegas?
[01:15:00] *Scrappie: hulavuta[lasvegasgengars]: **3000**.
[01:15:06] *Scrappie: __Five seconds remaining!__
[01:15:07] %NOVED: LOL
[01:15:11] *Scrappie: **lasvegasgengars has bought 6tennis for 3000!**
[01:15:12] %NOVED: i was gonna nom 6tennis too
[01:15:13] *Scrappie: It is now **fallarborflareblitzers**'s turn to nominate a player for auction.
[01:15:18] %Hulavuta: lol
[01:15:26] %NOVED: is does that every time?
[01:15:27] #DragonWhale: nobody upbid lmao
[01:15:33] OrdA-Y: that's pretty large
[01:15:34] %Hulavuta: can we kill that list
[01:15:35] %Hulavuta: we already have it
[01:15:37] %Hulavuta: in the hastebin
[01:15:38] OrdA-Y: I'll remove the descriptions
[01:15:40] %cant say: that was quick
[01:15:44] %cant say: was that 10 seconds?
[01:15:48] %NOVED: yeah i didnt even see hula nom
[01:15:49] %Hulavuta: you guys were supposed to upbid
[01:15:55] %NOVED: i think thats why it felt quick tho
[01:15:56] %GroudonEmpire: damn lol
[01:15:56] %Hulavuta: nobody wanted to pick 6tennis even as a joke
this is the fate i've earned for myself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)