Battle Spot Premier League - Week 1

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

WEEK 1

vs

(4) Castelia Cavaliers vs Rustboro Rocky Helmets (2)
BSS: kamikaze vs Jmal98
BSS: bobochan vs teal6
BSS: Joint Cena vs NOVED
BSD: Memoric vs shaian
BSD: I Am a Rookie vs P3DS
GBU: Megazard vs rozes

vs

(3) Saffron Side-Pups vs Viridian Rhydons (3)
BSS: Jhon vs Pearl
BSS: qsns vs Solerme
BSS: Natalie. vs maxgamer1
BSD: SamVGC vs FloristtheBudew
BSD: bargens vs Sir Scrubbington
GBU: Feis vs average fella

vs

(3) Fallarbor Flare Blitzers vs Las Vegas Gengars (3)
BSS: Feliburn vs Legofigure11
BSS: tko vs Brian12345
BSS: xastify vs Sopheon
BSD: TheFourthChaser vs Demantoid
BSD: nvakna vs Elegyy
GBU: Arifeen vs Matame

Deadline is Sunday, October 9th, 11:59PM EST

All formats are Bo3. BSD is team locked (just like VGC15), but you can freely switch teams between games for BSS and GBU.

MAKE SURE TO SAVE REPLAYS!

HAVE FUN!!!! :O
Disconnections and Timer Clause: In live tournaments with short time constraints such as the Smogon Tour, if a player disconnects or times out, the opponent may take the win. In other tournaments, if a player disconnects and contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason (*), the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.
*: Due to the "not bringing all 6 Pokemon" mechanic of Battle Spot formats, a game recreation will NOT be done because in many cases it's not possible to identify the 3/4 Pokemon brought into battle.

Simulator Glitches: Any battle mechanics not properly implemented in the simulator used for a tournament battle are fair game, unless explicitly banned by that tournament's rules. Illegal movesets that are not restricted by the simulator fall into this category as well. However, this does not include faulty tier scripts; for example, if there was a bug in the BW OU tier script that allowed you to use Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team, taking advantage of this would result in disqualification in that battle. If a game breaking glitch is discovered, we will make a blanket tournament ban on that glitch via an announcement in the Tournaments forum until it is fixed.

Ghosting: The player in a tournament battle should be the one making their own decisions. Do not tell a player what move to make in a tournament battle (i.e. do not "ghost" them), and do not make your moves based on another person's suggestions. If we are made aware that someone playing a tournament battle is making some of their moves based mainly on the suggestions of someone else, punishments may be handed out to both parties involved.

Identity: Pretending to be another player in relation to a tournament battle is strictly prohibited. Do not try to impersonate or play as another player.

Rule Breaking: If a player breaks a rule during a battle, they are disqualified from that particular battle. If it was a single battle in a series, they will still have the opportunity to play the rest of the series.

Draws: If a battle ends in a draw in an elimination tournament or another tournament format that is unable to handle draws, there should be a rematch between the players with the option for both players to change teams.

Forfeiting: A player may forfeit their battle during or after the battle, as long as the result has not been confirmed by the host. If a player forfeits before a battle commences in the first round of a tournament, they are eligible for substitution if appropriate. We highly recommend that you do not forfeit your tournament battles just because you got lucky, but we do not enforce this.

Host / Tournament Director Decisions: The host may make a judgment call on the outcome of a battle with a disputed result, even if one player has broken the rules. If you believe the host has made an unjust decision, you may inform the Tournament Director responsible for the tournament of the situation and request that they make a final call on it.

Sportsmanship: If a player displays exceedingly poor sportsmanship before, during, or after a tournament battle, they may be disqualified or otherwise punished.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Saffron Side-Pups vs Viridian Rhydons (4-2)
BSD: Alex Gomez vs FloristtheBudew

Natalie. and qsns should win but I feel like maxgamer and Solerme will have some tricks courtesy of their manager, I heard he's been training them personally for hours on end! GBU could go either way

Fallarbor Flare Blitzers vs Las Vegas Gengars (4-2)
GBU: Arifeen vs Kiyo

tipping the gengars to pull an upset on the backs of demantoid and lego.

anirav will be spewing he's not starting​

Saffron Side-Pups vs Viridian Rhydons (4-2)

Fallarbor Flare Blitzers vs Las Vegas Gengars (6-0)

no way a core of feli/tko/xast isnt going to do well, i think at least 2/3s of them will win.

oh and me & joint are playing thursday probably

Last edited:

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Saffron Side-Pups vs Viridian Rhydons

Welcome to the most anticipated match of Round 1, with two players of the highest quality. On the left we have UK's number one seed Jhon senpai who was the runner up in the wifi tour and arguably the best BSS player right now. On the right we have Pearl, the most expensive player in BSPL because for some reason GroudonEmpire decided to DEMOLISH that credits button on the Portugal star player. With that said, Pearl is a competent BSS player and his display of skills during PSPL was unrivaled to say the least. It will be tough for Jhon senpai but I will be rooting for my senpai so there's no stopping me.

Selena's brother Alex got no chance against the strongest BSD player Australia has ever seen.

The infamous average fella is going up against some unknown player in a lesser known format, should be interesting either way. Average fella is talented in a large variety of formats and he is known for winning room tours all the time with his 5-mins on the spot teams so he should be able to get through this one without much troubles.

Fallarbor Flare Blitzers vs Las Vegas Gengars

Two of my fav players going head to head. Lord TCO is a strong player who appears to be a bit rusty in battle spot formats but I'm pretty sure he's been training hard for this week. On the other hand, we have Brian, a player who has been consistently in the top 5 in singles for as long as I can remember. Brian's skills is on par with the best, and on good days he can beat anyone. Lord TCO has a real tough match ahead of him.

Psynergy's best friend xastify will be going up against Hula's best friend ShinySopheon, this should be a great matchup. Xastify's RU skills is acknowledged even by the GOD of RU: Psynergy and he has a lot of experience in BSS to back him up. Sopheon has done fantastic during the wifi tour and it'll be nice to see how he tries to take down a former veteran player.

Everyone says TFC is the best doubles player in BSPL but I believe otherwise. He will be going up against THE Demantoid, formerly ranked number 1 in all battle spot formats. Although our man Demantoid specializes in singles, he is still a top tier BSD player.

No idea who they are but Elegyy has a cooler username.

Arifeen appears to be the better player but Kiyo has the cooler avatar.

Completed Matches

This was a painful 3 setter to watch especially towards the end when Power Whip missed on the open Cloyster, which sealed the victory for qsns in his match against the top Italian seed. Nevertheless, hax is part of the game and better luck next time solerme!

To be honest I was rooting for Natalie to win this one. However, Germany's number one maxgamer1 proved to be too strong in the end. Although I must say the match could've gone either way had Skarm landed more Toxic.

Just as I predicted, the Australian domination is too strong.

Legofigure11? More like Felislayer11. (I'm only joking Feli, please don't take my post to heart ;-;) I was rooting my good fren and a rising player from OZ to win, however I knew he had a really difficult match because he was going up against a veteran and one of the most well-known player. Looking at how fast Lego defeated Feli, I must say the Singles #1 slot was definitely not an overkill. There's more to Hula's hidden managing skills than meets the eye.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Oh, since there's actually some hype for my matchas it's probably worth it to mention our scheduled time ITT: Jhon and I are playing Sunday at 8PM (GMT+1)

Alternatively, we could play tomorrow at the same time, but it's very unlikely that I'll be able to make it due to college

Last edited:
DEMANTOID YOU BETTER FUCKING WIN.
I will of course still love you regardless of the mechanations of Fate.

edit Oct 09: I FUCKING CALLED IT. WOO, DEMANTOID!

Last edited:
Can you not endorse Demantoid anymore please, people want him to lose because of this
I can endorse Trump instead if you want.
But seriously, that's fine. I'm looking forward to seeing how multiple people do, I just pick on Demantoid specifically as a long-overdrawn joke. :P
Whole team of "same mon different set". I thought my seven deadly Alakazam were horrible but I have been one upped. I tip my hat sir.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)