Battle Spot Singles Role Compendium

More changes!
  • Added Mega Blaziken to viable meas, Mega Skeptile to unvibale / gimmicky, Mega Swampert to niche
  • Mega Swampert added under rain
  • Mega Blaziken added to physical wallbreakers / mixed wallbreakers / SD sweepers
Not 100% sure about adding mega Blaziken to baton pass / mixed wallbreakers, so feel free to let me know your thoughts!

More changes!
  • Added Mega Blaziken to viable meas, Mega Skeptile to unvibale / gimmicky, Mega Swampert to niche
  • Mega Swampert added under rain
  • Mega Blaziken added to physical wallbreakers / mixed wallbreakers / SD sweepers
Not 100% sure about adding mega Blaziken to baton pass / mixed wallbreakers, so feel free to let me know your thoughts!
Speed passing M-Blaziken is really good, not as a dedicated passer, but just as 3rd slot while packing HJK and Blitz.
I wouldn't consider M-Blaziken a wallbreaker these days, defensive teams are usually carrying at least one of Toxapex or (M-)Slowbro. Even Hippo and the occasional Cress on balance teams are gonna be a pain for it on that front.
M-Hera should certainly be considered a Wallbreaker and Setup Sweeper (SD), it's pretty fantastic as a TR abuser too.
Something I think solerme brought up a while back, M-Aerodactyl being placed in niche, it very much is a real pick for certain stall teams. Handling M-Gengar, Charizard-X/Y and even NP Thundurus-T is pretty nice.

Changes!
  • Mega-Heracross added to TR Abusers, Wallbreaker and Setup sweeper (SD)
  • Mega-Aerodactly moves to Niche megas
Needs discussion;
  • Mega-Blaziken out of wallbreakers. Not sure what I think about this, since regular blaziken is there as well. While regular blaziken breaks much easier with the assistance of z moves or a life orb, i don't think the gap in wallbreaking capacity between blaziken and mega blaziken is too large. Imo, it's either both are there or both aren't there

I would say Mega Blaziken def classifies as a wallbreaker. SD and its stab combination is really hard to wall unless your name is Fini, Slowbro, or Toxapex. It does really well vs other common walls like P2 and Celesteela. If we're considering LO Blaz a wallbreaker, I think mega certainly fits the bill too.

Also think putting Hera in set up sweepers is a bit off. SD is super uncommon and not anything people should try to play around in battle imo, unless it's revealed. Even if you do run SD its more for wallbreaking anyway cause hera is too slow to sweep teams, and you're usually not SDing under TR cause it wastes turns + you're probably killing everything already without an SD.

From my perspective regular Blaziken can wall break through either SD with burst damage (z-move) or by being mixed and generally hitting relevant targets on both sides. Mega can't do mixed well and the SD set does damage, but struggles if it's not dropping Protect for a 3rd attack.

I think now that entei has a viability rankings, it deserves to be an AV user, that's what I've run and seen. Further, mega manectric and mega tyrantiar perhaps deserve a spot in niche megas?

Minor changes
  • Added Mega-Gardevoir, Mega-Tyranitar, Mega Manectric to Niche megas
  • Added Mega-Lopunny, Mega-Galade to Gimmicky / Nonviable megas
  • Added Mega-Gardevoir to Special Wallbreakers, Mega-Tyranitar to Physical Wallbreakers
  • Added Mega-Manectric to Special Pivots
I want to remove some stuff, eg stuff that is dead like xurkitree. Thoughts?
Also feel free to give your opinions on the newly placed megas

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Too early to say for sure, but I'm pretty confident M-Lop will be better than "gimmick/non-viable"

M-Altaria will be niche as well. Amazing check to things like Mega Blaziken, Mega Zard Y, Mega Gyara, and Volcarona

Too early to say for sure, but I'm pretty confident M-Lop will be better than "gimmick/non-viable"

M-Altaria will be niche as well. Amazing check to things like Mega Blaziken, Mega Zard Y, Mega Gyara, and Volcarona
Yeah because It's early I've put lop in unviable since it hasn't had anywhere near enough time in the meta to accurately tell. As for Mega-Alt, I'll add it in when it's released as niche right off the bat since it's lowkey a decent counter to zard y, zard x, blaziken, the stuff you mentioned, etc. Can't wait till that mon adapts

Time for a huge USM update! Will be adding and removing stuff gradually through the coming weeks.

Mega Pokemon
* Ampharos, Aggron, Banette, Abomasnow, Altaria added to non-viable / gimmicky megas
* Camerupt added to niche megas, Loppuny moved from non-viable / gimmicky megas to niche megas

Wallbreakers
* Naganadel added to special wallbreakers

Z Moves
* Naganadel added to Dragonium
* Mimikium Z created with Mimikyu added, Fairium Z removed
* Blacephalon added to Ghostium Z
* Buzzwole removed from Groundium Z
* Tyranitar removed from Darkinium Z

Setup Sweepers
* Naganadel added to Nasty Plot
* Blacephalon added to Flame Charge

Trick Room
* Araquanid and Ferrothorn removed from abusers, Stakataka added
* Stakataka added as a TR setter

Choice Item Users
* Stakataka added to Choice Band users

Here's a couple few bunch of things I thought might be worth adding:
Under sleep user (Yawn), under Z-moves (Normalium-Z), under status abusers (Toxic)
Under sleep user (Yawn).
1518226229845.png
Under Z-moves (Kommonium Z). Also possibly should be added under mixed wallbreakers.
1518226459677.png
Under Z-moves (Waterium-Z).
1518226647032.png
Needs to be updated from Razor Shell -> Liquidation (and possibly Hydro Pump).
1518227383854.png
Add under Focus Sash users.
1518227479259.png
Under sleep user (Spore) and Physical Walls.
1518227785628.png
Under priority users (Fake Out).
Need to be added as Mega (Niche) and mega also under setup sweeper (Calm Mind). Possibly field modification (Reflect) and status abuser (Thunder Wave).
Needs to be added as Mega (Gimmicky) and Under choice item user (Specs definitly and possibly Scarf too).
Needs to be added under field modification (Sticky Web).
Add under Z-moves (Flynium-Z) (Air Slash).
Might add under OHKO move users (Fissure).
Under status abuser (Sleep Powder) and setup sweepers (Quiver Dance).

Add Porygon2 under Mystic Water user because after all "#3 Mystic Water 0.01767825574543312%"
Add Salmence under mega (Blastoisinite) "#9 Blastoisinite 0.005239168020118405%"
Add Meganium under Megas (Gimmicky)

Attachments

Here's a couple few bunch of things I thought might be worth adding:
Under sleep user (Yawn), under Z-moves (Normalium-Z), under status abusers (Toxic)
Under sleep user (Yawn).
View attachment 101085 Under Z-moves (Kommonium Z). Also possibly should be added under mixed wallbreakers.
View attachment 101086 Under Z-moves (Waterium-Z).
View attachment 101087 Needs to be updated from Razor Shell -> Liquidation (and possibly Hydro Pump).
View attachment 101089 Add under Focus Sash users.
View attachment 101090 Under sleep user (Spore) and Physical Walls.
View attachment 101091 Under priority users (Fake Out).
Need to be added as Mega (Niche) and mega also under setup sweeper (Calm Mind). Possibly field modification (Reflect) and status abuser (Thunder Wave).
Needs to be added as Mega (Gimmicky) and Under choice item user (Specs definitly and possibly Scarf too).
Needs to be added under field modification (Sticky Web).
Add under Z-moves (Flynium-Z) (Air Slash).
Might add under OHKO move users (Fissure).
Under status abuser (Sleep Powder) and setup sweepers (Quiver Dance).

Add Porygon2 under Mystic Water user because after all "#3 Mystic Water 0.01767825574543312%"
Add Salmence under mega (Blastoisinite) "#9 Blastoisinite 0.005239168020118405%"
Add Meganium under Megas (Gimmicky)
Thanks dude, will make these changes when I can

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
Haven't played in a while, so mostly looking at stuff from an on-paper perspective with help from usage stats.

I think Mega Lopunny up to here would be fitting. Strong, and great speed tier, hitting right above the 130 mark, outspeeding Pokemon such as Tapu Koko, Gengar and Greninja. Lopunny also has more usage than other Megas in the "Niche" category like Manectric (#61) or Slowbro (#56) (Lopunny itself is #40 in usage.)

Mega Scizor here would as well would be nice, too. It kinda just takes the usage argument and blows it out of the water, hitting #33 in usage with Scizorite practically being its only seen item, Choice Band following second at 2% usage. It can be a tank with its typing and Roost, as well as a wincon/wallbreaker/attacker with Swords Dance and Bullet Punch. Also checks Mimikyu can we ban this

Perhaps Mega Beedrill could be bumped down. Usage is unimpressive (#118), and less than stellar matchup against common Pokemon such as Lando, Mega Metagross, Mega Salamence, Scarf Lele and Aegislash. Poor physical bulk, overall competition for a Mega slot, being somewhat hard to fit onto teams, especially with competition with other pivots and fast Pokemon, and less than impressive typing are all factors dragging it down as well.

I believe that this is a fitting place for Mega Latias. Its unique combination of bulk and decent typing, allowing it to check Breloom, Mega Blaziken, Hippowdon, Lando, and Thundurus-T make me believe that its capabilities land it in "usable." However, disadvantages against other relevant pokes like Aegis, Mega Metagross, Mega Gengar and Mishmikyu hold it back.

Mega Pinsir may also merit a drop. The popular Stealth Rock slices off 25% of your health, and poor defensive typing, coverage problems between EQ and CC, and not-so-good speed tier leave it revenge killed easily by Tapu Koko, Scarf Lele, Mega Metagross, Aegislash and Offensive MegaMence. Not to mention Mimikyu the anti-setup bomb. Usage demonstrates the effects of this, sitting at #132. There are also better sweepers like Mence, Blaziken, and Mimikyu itself.

Mega Camerupt here feels "eh." Trick Room has better options (Camel faces fierce competition with Alolan Marowak), and is already kinda pressed for slots between setters, Mega Mawile, and other Pokemon that aren't totally reliant on TR. Obviously mish outside of Trick Room, speed is bad, typing not so good and I'd still use Alolan Maorwak over it. Many Pokemon beat it under TR as well: Mence stalls out turns with Roost, and Water-types like Suicune and Fini completely slaughter it. Even Greninja avoids Earth Power by using Water Shuriken.

I think Mega Latios belongs here. Just so little reason to use over regular Latios outside of, like, a stronger EQ, which isn't really worth giving up a Mega slot for. Latiosite is also nonexistent usage-wise, at an underwhelming 1%

Feel free to debate these noms, as there are very likely benefits/downsides to these Pokemon that I may have missed.

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Haven't played in a while, so mostly looking at stuff from an on-paper perspective with help from usage stats.

I think Mega Lopunny up to here would be fitting. Strong, and great speed tier, hitting right above the 130 mark, outspeeding Pokemon such as Tapu Koko, Gengar and Greninja. Lopunny also has more usage than other Megas in the "Niche" category like Manectric (#61) or Slowbro (#56) (Lopunny itself is #40 in usage.)

Mega Scizor here would as well would be nice, too. It kinda just takes the usage argument and blows it out of the water, hitting #33 in usage with Scizorite practically being its only seen item, Choice Band following second at 2% usage. It can be a tank with its typing and Roost, as well as a wincon/wallbreaker/attacker with Swords Dance and Bullet Punch. Also checks Mimikyu can we ban this

Perhaps Mega Beedrill could be bumped down. Usage is unimpressive (#118), and less than stellar matchup against common Pokemon such as Lando, Mega Metagross, Mega Salamence, Scarf Lele and Aegislash. Poor physical bulk, overall competition for a Mega slot, being somewhat hard to fit onto teams, especially with competition with other pivots and fast Pokemon, and less than impressive typing are all factors dragging it down as well.

I believe that this is a fitting place for Mega Latias. Its unique combination of bulk and decent typing, allowing it to check Breloom, Mega Blaziken, Hippowdon, Lando, and Thundurus-T make me believe that its capabilities land it in "usable." However, disadvantages against other relevant pokes like Aegis, Mega Metagross, Mega Gengar and Mishmikyu hold it back.

Mega Pinsir may also merit a drop. The popular Stealth Rock slices off 25% of your health, and poor defensive typing, coverage problems between EQ and CC, and not-so-good speed tier leave it revenge killed easily by Tapu Koko, Scarf Lele, Mega Metagross, Aegislash and Offensive MegaMence. Not to mention Mimikyu the anti-setup bomb. Usage demonstrates the effects of this, sitting at #132. There are also better sweepers like Mence, Blaziken, and Mimikyu itself.

Mega Camerupt here feels "eh." Trick Room has better options (Camel faces fierce competition with Alolan Marowak), and is already kinda pressed for slots between setters, Mega Mawile, and other Pokemon that aren't totally reliant on TR. Obviously mish outside of Trick Room, speed is bad, typing not so good and I'd still use Alolan Maorwak over it. Many Pokemon beat it under TR as well: Mence stalls out turns with Roost, and Water-types like Suicune and Fini completely slaughter it. Even Greninja avoids Earth Power by using Water Shuriken.

I think Mega Latios belongs here. Just so little reason to use over regular Latios outside of, like, a stronger EQ, which isn't really worth giving up a Mega slot for. Latiosite is also nonexistent usage-wise, at an underwhelming 1%

Feel free to debate these noms, as there are very likely benefits/downsides to these Pokemon that I may have missed.
I agree with most of these.

Viable: M-Scizor definitely deserves to jump to the viable category, and Lop probably also should (although I think Lop is toward the bottom end of viable megas). Additionally, I believe MegaTar belongs in viable and M-Hera should fall to niche.

Niche: Good place for Mega Latias for sure. I think Mega Bee can stay here as it's usable on some VoltTurn teams and has a great speed tier, but Mega Bee is not that great.

Gimmicky: Fine to drop M-Pinsir, M-Camel, and M-Latios here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)