Battling 101 Classroom Clash - Playoffs Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Format:
  • 64 players, 8 teams (which we will call classes because it's B101), 8 players per class. Each class gets x amount of teachers who specialize in certain tiers who will be assigned to teach, ghost, practice against, do whatever it takes to get their team to win. Hopefully this will be a good experience for people who didn't get selected in a B101 round to work alongside a good battler and get some advice.
  • The 8 classes will be split into two divisions, which we will call schools. Each school has 4 classes, and they will all fight against the opposing school. Each class will fight a different class within the opposing school every week.
  • The classes will then be seeded based on record, and will all be put into an 8 man team tournament for the remainder of the tournament.
  • Tiers will rotate depending on what kinds of teachers are willing to participate. Every week should ideally be a new tier, but we'll see after we get a general idea of how many teachers per tier/metagame.
This week's tier is BW OU.

Teachers for this week:

Krokorok Institute of Capshooters - Luigi.

Haunter Harvard Girls Boarding School - PokèManiac Livio

It's playoffs time! The teams have been ranked in terms of record, with Prom Night Slowbros coming out as top dogs in the group stages with a perfect record and a whopping +21 game difference. Can they continue their domination through the final rounds or will the other teams step up to the challenge?

Pairings:

[#1] The Prom Night Slowbros (3) vs [#8] The Marching Band Loudreds (3)

s_aman vs Robert.
jacob vs Ununhexium
Silverwhiteblue vs punkysaur
TK67 vs PikachuCandyツ
Criticality
vs ~GreenCore
TraceofLife vs Joltage
theurbandear vs Stockings

[#2] The Lunch Money Granbulls (5) vs [#7] The Weeaboo Pumpkaboos (1)

Jariibo vs scald
W2S vs Disenchanted
Mistaken vs -Voltage-
Rapture.
vs Lord Xen III
EdwardElric15 vs Diogo
Dominatio vs Ranger Mike
Sir_Bagel vs ForgottenOnes

[#3] The Teacher's Petilils (3) vs [#6] The Honor Roggenrollas (4)

ready2go202 vs Always!
NicoReaper
vs littlelucario
Max Carvalho vs North
Zaionar
vs fapkingg
Welli0u vs Kreme
Melodic D Minor
vs clius
LeoLancaster vs Fabulous but lazy

[#4] The Gym Raticates vs (2) [#5] vs The Solrock Stoners (3)

Brick Small. vs Get this Money
Master Sunny-EX vs Ox the Fox
Unlucky Desperado vs Drift Wizard
Fredrick1 vs The Idiot Ninja
Esidisi vs Altina
oml it's too ez vs LetMeShine-
Rhythms vs I'm actually Cash

Standings

Have fun everyone! Deadline is next Sunday night.

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Yes in any other tournament, the game would be treated as a win in Fredrick's favor. Don't see why it should be any different here.
Why would it? He was not in a 100% win position. Was it Limitless who took the win in a pretty similar spot against Finch in last wcop? He disconnected, the "The Idiot Ninja won the battle!" message appeared, I won the game. I would offer a rematch but I'm against UnluckyDesperado's team and he's been an asshole to my team and me in particular for the whole tournament and I'm happily going to be an asshole back.

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
The above case is not the same as ours. Limitless disconnected/timed out and Finchinator took the win because there was not yet a clear winner. In this particular case Fredrick1 had a 100% win

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
The above case is not the same as ours. Limitless disconnected/timed out and Finchinator took the win because there was not yet a clear winner. In this particular case Fredrick1 had a 100% win
No he didn't. I could run him out of Focus Blast PPs with predictions/protects, or kill Hydreigon with one single Gyro Ball on a wrong prediction/missed focus blast - and I could deal with the rest of his team as well. I was in a disadvantageous position - as was Limitless - but it wasn't 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)