Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Battle Subway Super Single Battle Record: 560
Congrats! Btw....I'm not sure if your camera is awesome but in my opinion it seems that it is a picture of a emulator ....good luck anyway.

On another note, I got over 200 now with an updated version of the team I posted a few days ago. I will see how long it lasts.
Congrats as well! Hope you break 300 :) I wish I could have time to play Subway right now :/

He updates ones in a while, so I am sure he will do it at least one more time before X and Y and then we probably get a new thread for the subway variant in X and Y. Congratz on the streak!

On another note, I got over 200 now with an updated version of the team I posted a few days ago. I will see how long it lasts.
:) thanks for the info,man. and congrats to you too.

Congrats! Btw....I'm not sure if your camera is awesome but in my opinion it seems that it is a picture of a emulator ....good luck anyway.
:) thanks and i do use an emulator.

:) thanks and i do use an emulator.
I think he should count that as a valid streak since TruAnt destroyes the Subway in all ways. NoCheese is a kind of proof "for you" since he got a 546 streak and that are just 14 battles less the winstreak you got (and still going). But I've to say it is a little but unfair since you can speed up the battles and there is no person who can tell that you play with the normal speed as we do on the Ds. Callisto used a emulator too and got a 1000 winstreak with his Uxie/Tyranitar/Shedinja team but still the winstreak wasn't count because he coulnd't proof that his streak was legal.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think he should count that as a valid streak since TruAnt destroyes the Subway in all ways. NoCheese is a kind of proof "for you" since he got a 546 streak and that are just 14 battles less the winstreak you got (and still going). But I've to say it is a little but unfair since you can speed up the battles and there is no person who can tell that you play with the normal speed as we do on the Ds.
I absolutely agree that the team played well is capable of beating my 546 so nothing fishy about the 560 on that account at all.

That said, the reason emulator play is frowned upon is not so much that it lets you speed through battles, but rather that emulators typically allow you to freeze your game as you go, so that if you lose you can just revert to your freeze rather than having to start the streak over from zero, and there's no way to verify whether or not that's been done.

That said, the reason emulator play is frowned upon is not so much that it lets you speed through battles, but rather that emulators typically allow you to freeze your game as you go, so that if you lose you can just revert to your freeze rather than having to start the streak over from zero, and there's no way to verify whether or not that's been done.
That's another reason which I haven't thougt about! Pretty sucks that Garo lost his 413 streak with Uxie/Dragonite/Registeel due the game freeze. As well ice182 lost his insane double streak "due the gameboy power failure" as he said. Still 644 wins is fucking impressive.

Nothing worthy posting I guess. Busy in real life, but I did get to 76 wins with Ninjask - Dragonite - Metagross for fun, but nothing special.

Last edited:
I got my hands on a copy of HeartGold recently and have been messing around with the Arcade. I've gotten into the mid 60s a few times by throwing together some of the first things I've RNGed. Right now the team consists of

Gyarados
Adamant
252 Atk, enough Speed to reach 116, rest in HP
-Thunder Wave
-Waterfall
-Return
-Dragon Dance

Drapion
-same everything as Jumpman's

Dragonite
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Extremespeed

My strategy thus far boils down to this: If Gyarados can easily get 2-3 DDs and sweep/bust through the opponent enough that I can pick off the last Pokemon in one hit, I go for it. Otherwise, I Thunder Wave and mess around with switches so I can get Drapion in to set up Acupressures. Dragonite's not really bringing that much to the table; it's pretty much clean-up.

Hopefully I can get into at least the top 10 if I make a more serious effort. My losses have trended much more towards stupid operational errors than getting haxed. In my highest streak (and highest exhibition of stupidity), I suffered one of those losses that I think is considered a win in the 5th gen games - Drapion Crunched a Honchkrow to really low health, and both Pokemon were finished off by Sandstorm damage at the end of the turn.

What made it worse was that it was my first battle back after resting in the middle of a set, and I had forgotten that the roulette wheel gave my Pokemon a Life Orb a couple battles prior (pretty clutch rouletting at the time because in one of the first two battles of that set I gave all my Pokemon Choice Scarves). I knew I could survive a round of SS damage, but forgot about the Life Orb. Resting would have assured victory, but I was scared of Honchkrow having Perish Song (might have been a good time to look at the gen 4 moveset list, derp).

So yeah, hopefully more experience/actually looking at movesets plus replacing Dragonite with something that doesn't give me as glaring a weakness to lead Zapdos/Jolteon (just traded a Garchomp and a Salamence over, but I'm open to other suggestions) will give me a neat little streak.

I have been lazy to post this but I lost pretty soon after I posted that I was over 200.

Battle Subway Super Double Battle Record: 215

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
-Earthquake

These are the same Pokemon as before and they get the job done in most of my battles.

Latios @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

I changed Latios a bit, giving it a Life Orb over Choice Specs and Protect over Grass Knot. The reason is the addition of my last Pokemon (Metagross) who holds a Choice Band, and having three Choice Pokemon is not a really great idea I think (although it could have worked in this team maybe). Everything else is still the same, and it still uses Dragon Pulse most of the time, although protect and the fact that I could change moves came in handy sometimes.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Scizor got replaced with Metagross because Chandelure was a really big problem. Metagross is faster then 3 / 4 of the Chandelure to hit them with Earthquake. The one that is faster is no threat to Latios, because it lacks Shadow Ball. I gave it a Choice Band to hit as hard as possible and it mostly only needed to use one attack. Explosion was never used, but I never felt the need to change it. I mostly used Iron Head and Earthquake anyways.

How I lost:

Harlequin Athos (Golurk, Slowbro, Hippowdon, Cofagrigus)
Turn 1: Flare Blitz Golurk KO, Spore Slowbro
Turn 2: Flare Blitz Hippo, 2 hit Bullet Seed Hippo KO, Slowbro wake up Trick Room (F***)
Turn 3: Breloom Protect, Cofag Shadow Ball Darmanitan KO, Slowbro Psychic Breloom Protect
Turn 4: Switch Breloom to Latios, Slowbro Blizzard (crit metagross), Cofag Shadow Ball Latios KO
Turn 5: Breloom Protect, Slowbro Blizzard, Cofag Shadow Ball Metagross (14 HP).
Turn 6: Breloom Mach Punch Slowbro, Slowbro Psychic Breloom KO, Cofagrigus Shadow Ball Metagross KO

This was a really bad matchup for my team. First turn went well, but when Hippowdon came in I knew I was in trouble. Hippowdon breaks the Focus Sash of Breloom with Sandstream and I couldn’t OHKO it with only Darmanitan. I also couldn’t KO Slowbro with a combination of Bullet Seed and Flare Blitz (or I needed to get lucky with 4 times Bullet Seed or something), so I went for Hippowdon. Slowbro waking up after one turn sleep and using Trick Room was my doom in the end. Slowbro and Cofagrigus can destroy my whole team without getting damaged to much (only Metagross was able to live more then one turn without using Protect). The Shadow Ball and Blizzard on my Latios switchin was just icing on the cake.

proof:

I am now trying Singles seriously for the first time. I want to at least get to 100, so wish me luck.

No, I am not using Darmanitan lol. Altough he is awesome, he is only really good when he leads and I want a set-up sweeper as a lead, to win as many battles as possible, as fast as possible. I am using Dragonite at the moment, together with Suicune and LandorusT. I can't believe no one has used LandorusT yet. It functions about the same as Garchomp, but he has Intimidate, hits harder with Earthquake and has U-turn. Intimidate + Suicune is really amazing btw.

Haven't posted in a while but last I did, I was ranting about Dodrio. And guess what, it's horrible... I used the team I mentioned in an earlier post and after about 52 million attempts I could only manage a 74 win streak. Now that may not sound so bad considering the team featured Dodrio but, in truth, I only managed it because of Suicune and some serious luck in sticky situations.

About Dodrio. I opted for max Atk Adamant with max HP and held Lefties. 29/31/26/16/24/30 were the best IV's I could breed before the thought of suicide started sinking into my brain. It's defenses and typing really left a lot to be desired as a set-upper (more so than I had anticipated) and even at +6 Drill Peck often just didn't have the punch needed. I can confirm Early Bird is awesome in the subway, if only something a bit more viable had it as an ability...

In the end it was pretty much an uphill struggle using the bird but still worth it- a Dodrio sweep is a beautiful (read: hilarious) thing to behold.

With this, I'm done with the Subway till X/Y replacement comes around & restarting Black/2 to try catch some decent IV legendaries.

Just lost a streak of 61 in the HeartGold Arcade because my +4 Defense Drapion got frozen by a Registeel's Ice Punch at 150/177 HP and proceeded to stay frozen for as many turns as it took to die to a bunch of weak Ice and Thunder Punches. I've replaced the Dragonite from before with a Jolly SubSD Garchomp.

Just lost a streak of 61 in the HeartGold Arcade because my +4 Defense Drapion got frozen by a Registeel's Ice Punch at 150/177 HP and proceeded to stay frozen for as many turns as it took to die to a bunch of weak Ice and Thunder Punches. I've replaced the Dragonite from before with a Jolly SubSD Garchomp.

I would have thrown my Ds out of the window seriously .... typical hax kind of ... it's just Pokemon :D But good luck with your team! You could use Salamence for attack drops which Drapion maybe can set up better and the Ground immunity is a little bonus.

I would have thrown my Ds out of the window seriously .... typical hax kind of ... it's just Pokemon :D But good luck with your team! You could use Salamence for attack drops which Drapion maybe can set up better and the Ground immunity is a little bonus.
I've thought about Mence, but against fast STAB Thunderbolt users my best-case scenario would be sacrificing Gyarados and getting to +1/+1 before revenging (and possibly locking myself into Outrage). Ground-types haven't been too much of a problem for Drapion because if they're in the lead, Gyarados can usually set up and if they're not, Drapion's stats are maxed out. The one Ground-type I've lost a streak to came in a battle against 3 Water weak mons. I thought it was going to be easy, so DD'ed once and KO'ed the lead but got burnt with Flame Body. Hippowdon came in next and used Curse, and the next turn I just missed the 2HKO with Waterfall and it started Slacking Off on me and I knew I was screwed.

Hippowdon came in next and used Curse, and the next turn I just missed the 2HKO with Waterfall and it started Slacking Off on me and I knew I was screwed.
Hm...Starmie could speed up battles. My Arcade team is standing at 63 wins with Starmie, Garchomp and Blissey which is a good combination I've to say.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I need something to play around with for a week until XY come out and I can get into their battle facility, has anyone found a good way to use Prankster Riolu? I'm having trouble deciding on an entry hazard user and how I'm going to kill the 3rd 'mon on each team. I kind of want to use Toxic Spikes so I can use Venoshock but not sure how well it will work (would need to be able to deal with Poisons, Steels and Levitators..)

I am interested in trying to do go for high streaks in Black and White Super Singles to give me something to do, since I won't be able to play X and Y without a 3DS.

So my question I guess is what type of teams are useful in these types of battles? Are trick strategies useful? Hyper-Offense?

I am interested in trying to do go for high streaks in Black and White Super Singles to give me something to do, since I won't be able to play X and Y without a 3DS.

So my question I guess is what type of teams are useful in these types of battles? Are trick strategies useful? Hyper-Offense?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ith-gen-4-records.102593/page-91#post-4695218

Check out that post by NoCheese from a while back, it'll give you all the info you need. Good luck.

I need something to play around with for a week until XY come out and I can get into their battle facility, has anyone found a good way to use Prankster Riolu? I'm having trouble deciding on an entry hazard user and how I'm going to kill the 3rd 'mon on each team. I kind of want to use Toxic Spikes so I can use Venoshock but not sure how well it will work (would need to be able to deal with Poisons, Steels and Levitators..)
I'm assuming the standard Roar/Copycat set? First off, I reckon T-Spikes + Venoshock is too gimmicky to rely on; as it is Prankster Riolu is a gimmick... There are too many things that work against the strategy: Poison types, Steel types, Flying types, Levitate, Magic Guard, Balloon, Lum berry etc.

SR should be priority one (no pun intended) and Spikes second. Forretress or Skarmory are probably your best bets, packing both SR and Spikes as well as Sturdy. Something like 252Hp/80Def/176Sdef Relaxed, Protect/SR/Spikes/Gyro Ball @ Lum for Forri and 252Hp/80Def/176Sdef Impish, Protect or Roost/SR/Spikes/Drill Peck @ Lum for Skarm.

Fake Out and other priority moves pretty much wreck the strategy and Riolu can't do anything to last mon's, and your hazard setter will likely be pretty useless too. Hail & SS can be problematic too. Something that deals pretty well with those issues is Metagross. It resists everything Riolu is weak to, takes no damage from SS and eats most hail mons while also not being weak to any form of priority. It also smashes a lot of the pokemon that carry Protect which can disrupt the phazing chain. Meta @ CB, MM/ZH/EQ/IP works ok in theory.

Good luck, it'll be interesting to see how far you get.

I've been taking a break from Pokemon after running out of ideas and losing interest, but today I got a copy of Pokemon X, I can't wait till I start playing the battle maison, I'm interested to see how fairy type affects the strategies and how good mega evolutions will do. But what's really gonna get me into theorymoning again is triple and rotational battles. I'm gonna finish the game first before starting the battle maison though. What are your guys' thoughts on gen vi so far

X / Y Information:

- You get 1 BP per battle until battle #11.
- You get 2 BP per battle from battle #11 until ?.
- There is no longer a streak limit, you can pause whenever you want to.
- Pokémon are no longer auto-leveled to 50 if below. (Hi F.E.A.R strategies).
- Quick Claw makes a return. Spotted a Quick Claw Magneton with Thunder.
- Spotted a Speed Boost Venipede.

Last edited:
So what exactly is the absolute best team for HGSS battle tower? (I have the catch any pokemon ar code)
The question is always the same as the answer. There is NO best team for the Battle Tower. If you take a look at the Platinum/HG&SS records you find a lot of teams with great streaks. In D/P Records as well. Even with "the best team" there is no guarantee that you get a high streak furthemore it takes time for gaining experience as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)