Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perish Song Trapper

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Willow Wisp Hex Attacker

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Other: HP Ice, All out Attacker, etc.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Okay, I made a team I've been having a bit of sucess with, but I want to fine tune it through here. I managed to get to place 366 on the BSS ladder. I appreciate any rates, and feel free to copy the team if you like it!

First, let me explain my teambuilding process:

I started of with a standard Skarmory & Chansey core. Basic Sets, Standard moves and all. Skarmory is a very powerful defensive wall that can wall 2/3 of the S-tiers in Battle Spot Singles. Chansey can literally wall almost any special attacker, even if it has moves such as focus blast. This core can deal with Mega Gyarados, Mega Salamence, Mimikyu, Mega Tyranitar, and more. Chansey is the rocks setter, and it can absorb status fairly well with it's Natural Cure ability. Skarmory is a Drill Peck Iron Defense set made to counter most attacking set-up sweepers. This was my base to build off of.

I realized that Skarmsy as a core died to Charizard X, and Blaziken, two common pokemon. So, I added Z-Haze Toxapex to cover up both of these weaknesses.This was my first 3-man working core. Toxapex given Scald and Toxic Spikes, which may allow Gengar to sweep, If facing more offensive teams.

I realized I was missing a mega, and that I was weak to defensive mons such as my own and Celesteela, so I added a Perish Song trapping Mega Gengar. This is how my team deals with more defensive teams. Suicune is another big threat that is covered by Perish Trapping Gengar, as well as other defensive Steel mons cannot break, such as skarmory, excadrill, and other more uncommon threats.

Gliscor is a pokemon that I have found to very effectively deal with most of the metagame. If it toxics you and gets up a substitute, you win. Toxic Orb + Sub Protect is a very powerful combo. Gliscor also acts as an alternative defensive option to Skarmory if you encounter attacking Fire or Electric types, as well as reaping the benefits of Toxapex's Toxic Spikes.

As I was looking for a good last pokemon, I realized my own team was very weak to Perish trapping Gengar. So, I added Muk as an AV Pursuit trapper to kill opposing Gengar. Muk also Puts on offensive pressure and possible poisioning with it's ability. I considered Tyranitar, but it had too many common weaknesses.

Here's the team:

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Hex
- Disable

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Drill Peck / Toxic
- Iron Defense
- Toxic / Whirlwind

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Earthquake / Guilloutine
- Toxic / Guilloutine

Toxapex @ Icium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes / Toxic

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 SpD
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Fire Blast

If you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks again, bye! :)

Also, thanks to ColdSteel III for the suggestion of Z-haze Toxapex and Perish trap Gengar. He truly made this team a lot better. :)

Last edited:
Hi dude, nice team. It's pretty balanced and to be fair i actually won't change a mon here.

Instead i'd like to suggest some minor changes inside it:

Perish Trap Gengar are usually bulky, since your main goal is to survive to things while trapping your opponent, and you can't always use Disable.
Make it max HP, max Speed imo. Also, over Disable, Substitute might be another good option, using MegaGar great spead to tank a hit without risking any awkward situation with your opponent switching to another attack.

Not 100% of the speed benchmark of this one, but with 4 more EVs in Speed you'd outspeed every variant of Celesteela, and Sub before it could Seeds you.
Also, Guillotine here is a strong move (and one of the best tools that Gliscor has) that you probably want to use with it. You can remove Toxic imo, since you already have things to poison with.

With 108 EVs in its Attack you'd ensure an OHKO on 4HP Tapu Lele. It could be a solid option, since its SpDef is already pretty high, and you won't lose that much investing 28 points elsewhere anyway.

i can totally understand why you are using Toxic Spikes, yet i think Toxic itself it's better on it, over the spikes, to stall out things in 1vs1 scenarios.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
AV muk is a good standalone mon, but considering its role in the team as a mega gengar counter, you should definitely use a Lum Berry. AV muk can sometimes be played around with Gengar running wisp + perish song or even cheesed by the sub-hypnosis set if you're really unlucky. muk's typing alone allows it to tank gengar's moves really well so the AV is kinda unnecessary. this also allows you another answer to Breloom and other random wisp mons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)