Multi Gen Blaziken in Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about it for a while, and he really doesn't deserve to be in Ubers
Don't get me wrong, speed boost is a great ability, but because of Blaziken's slow speed and terrible bulk, he gets one shotted by any decent sweeper Pokemon. Even non-sweepers like Togekiss who commonly run moves that are super effective against the poor Chicken OHKO it. Plus, statuses kill him as well.
While you might say that "Oh baton pass really breaks him and sets him in ubers", no, it doesn't because of BP clause which, by the way, ruins baton pass. Protect is just a temporary thing, and other Pokes in ubers outclass him. Hell, the weakest thing in Ubers outclasses him.
So I ask you this, tier leaders in Smogon, why is Blaziken ubers again?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've been thinking about it for a while, and he really doesn't deserve to be in Ubers
Don't get me wrong, speed boost is a great ability, but because of Blaziken's slow speed and terrible bulk, he gets one shotted by any decent sweeper Pokemon. Even non-sweepers like Togekiss who commonly run moves that are super effective against the poor Chicken OHKO it. Plus, statuses kill him as well.
While you might say that "Oh baton pass really breaks him and sets him in ubers", no, it doesn't because of BP clause which, by the way, ruins baton pass. Protect is just a temporary thing, and other Pokes in ubers outclass him. Hell, the weakest thing in Ubers outclasses him.
So I ask you this, tier leaders in Smogon, why is Blaziken ubers again?
Ask ou, they banned it. Not ubers. Not in this form though. Use thier sqsa thread prefferably.

for what its worth, i recall reading a policy review thread saying a blaze retest was not an impossibility in ou... don't expect one though.

in any case, this post shouldn't be here - take wreckdra's advice (and i'm not surprised if ou has heard this question a million times so search it yourself) and read the rules next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)