Ubers Blissey

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

[OVERVIEW]

Blissey's astronomical HP and Special Defense stats allow it to wall threatening special attackers, including Darkrai, Palkia, and Dialga. It also has the potential to check other specially offensive threats such as Yveltal, Lunala, Xerneas, and Kyogre depending on their sets. Blissey's supportive movepool and ability to wall special threats enable it to act as an effective cleric. In addition, Blissey can sponge status ailments for its teammates thanks to Natural Cure. While Chansey has higher bulk than Blissey due to Eviolite, Blissey's ability to hold Shed Shell allows it to switch out of Mega Gengar's Shadow Tag, allowing it to be run without requiring dedicated Pursuit support. Unfortunately, Blissey can be very passive, relying on Toxic for the majority of its damage output. Blissey's low Defense leaves it vulnerable to powerful physical attackers and unable to check strong mixed attackers, such as Deoxys-A and Mega Mewtwo Y. In addition, Blissey only fits on fully defensive teams able to make up for its low Defense, whereas Chansey can find a place on both balanced and defensive team structures.

[SET]
name: Cleric
move 1: Soft-Boiled
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Heal Bell
move 4: Confide / Seismic Toss / Wish
item: Shed Shell
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Calm
evs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Soft-Boiled is Blissey's primary form of recovery, letting it consistently check specially offensive Pokemon and allowing it to stall out Toxic turns. Toxic is Blissey's main form of damage output, enabling it to wear down the Pokemon it checks and counters. Heal Bell heals status conditions, providing cleric support for Blissey's team. Confide lets Blissey deal with Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre, and Calm Mind Arceus formes. Seismic Toss can be used if Blissey's team can already handle these Pokemon. Wish is an alternative to provide healing for a teammate or give Blissey extra PP for recovery if necessary. Due to Blissey's enormous HP stat, Wish will almost always fully recover a teammate.

Set Details
========

Shed Shell is used to escape from Mega Gengar and other trappers. Shed Shell also helps Blissey support its team versus Perish Trap variants of Arceus-Dark. Natural Cure is the preferred ability to allow Blissey to absorb status without having to burn Heal Bell PP. Because of Blissey's perfect base 255 HP stat, investing in both of its defense stats rather than its HP stat provides more impact on its bulk overall. 252 Special Defense EVs maximize Blissey's special bulk, enabling it to consistently check specially offensive Pokemon. A Calm nature is used to avoid a 2HKO from Geomancy Xerneas. 252 Defense EVs flesh out Blissey's physical bulk, letting it take weaker physical attacks such as Zygarde-C's Thousand Arrows.

Usage Tips
========

Bring Blissey in on the Pokemon it can wall—specially offensive Pokemon, support Arceus formes, and somewhat passive Pokemon like Zygarde-C and Mega Sableye—or to absorb status. Should an opposing Pokemon be forced out by Blissey, such as Palkia or Darkrai, take the opportunity to either spread Toxic if the opponent lacks Pokemon immune to it or to heal with Soft-Boiled if necessary. Keep Blissey healthy enough with Soft-Boiled to enable it to consistently check specially offensive threats. Blissey can be quickly worn down by entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Spikes, so use Blissey's teammates to quickly remove these entry hazards or otherwise prevent them from being set. If Blissey's team is afflicted by status conditions, use Heal Bell to cure them. Otherwise, spread Toxic to wear down the opposing team or use Wish to heal Blissey's teammates, allowing them to more freely switch into attacks. Be conservative with Heal Bell's PP, as it is limited and vital to support a defensive team; prioritize absorbing status with Natural Cure rather than healing it with Heal Bell. Be mindful of switching into attacks from Pokemon that can carry mixed coverage, such as Yveltal's Knock Off or Lunala's Psyshock. These moves can leave Blissey weakened to the point where it is unable to continue to check specially offensive Pokemon, opening up a hole in the team's defensive backbone. Also, be aware that Blissey tends to lure in Steel-types, as it is deadweight against them outside of chip damage from a potential Seismic Toss.

Team Options
========

Blissey only fits on fully defensive teams and requires support from physical walls to patch up its low Defense. Zygarde-C is an excellent physical wall, forming a solid defensive backbone with Blissey. Defensive Arceus formes can provide a physical wall to pair with Blissey and can potentially Defog entry hazards away. Arceus-Ground makes for a good Stealth Rock setter on defensive teams, provides Blissey with a good check to Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence, and benefits from Blissey's Heal Bell. Additionally, both Arceus-Ground and Zygarde-C check Steel-types for Blissey. Giratina is another good physical wall to pair with Blissey, especially because its Ghost-typing allows it to switch into Fighting-type moves. Mega Sableye is able to prevent foes from setting entry hazards, allowing Blissey to stay out of 2HKO range of certain special attacks, such as +2 Xerneas's Moonblast. Ferrothorn can stack entry hazards, check Z-Geomancy Xerneas, and assist Blissey versus Primal Kyogre—it is an especially useful partner for Blissey sets that forego Confide for this reason. Pursuit support from Alolan Muk can be nice for handling Deoxys-A and Lunala. Lugia greatly appreciates the cleric support Blissey provides, and its solid defenses can contribute to a stall team.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Snatch is an option to allow Blissey to beat Refresh Arceus formes one-on-one and also helps Blissey's matchup versus Aromatherapy Xerneas. Leftovers can be used with Shadow Ball to give Blissey passive recovery while allowing it to beat most Mega Gengar sets one-on-one, but this set loses to Perish Trap variants. Blissey can set up Stealth Rock, though it has trouble fitting this move on cleric sets.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Mega Lucario, Celesteela, and Ferrothorn are immune to Toxic. They can use Blissey as setup fodder or place heavy pressure on Blissey's team.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types like Alolan Muk, Gengar, and the rare Arceus-Poison are immune to Toxic. Alolan Muk is able to stick on damage with Pursuit, weakening Blissey for its teammates, or Knock Off Blissey's Shed Shell. Mega Gengar forces Blissey to switch or traps Blissey if it has had its Shed Shell removed.

**Physical Attackers**: Due to Blissey's very low Defense and the generally high offensive stats found in Ubers, most relevant physical attackers, such as Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence, and Arceus, will be able to at least 2HKO Blissey.

**Taunt**: Taunt users like Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Mega Aerodactyl, and potentially Darkrai can completely shut down and beat Blissey if they avoid switching into Toxic.

**Rest**: Rest users such as Z-Geomancy Xerneas, Primal Kyogre, and Zygarde-C can Rest off poison and potentially stall Blissey out of recovery. Rest users that additionally use Calm Mind, such as Primal Kyogre, can also beat non-Confide variants of Blissey.

Last edited:
qc reject 1/3

you have clearly not looked at the former skeleton and consensus around the mon.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You don't seem to understand the true distinctions between this mon and Chansey. There's even an on-site SM skeleton to reference.

QC Reject: 2/3

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, just wanted to make a few suggestions:

* Bring Blissey in on the specially offensive Pokemon it can wall or to absorb status.
While i can see you have already mentioned plenty of Special Attackers prior to this statement, I think you can mention a few examples like support arceus formes, zygarde-c, mega sableye and such.

For OO,
You might as well add Seismic Toss for consistent damage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Mega Lucario and Celesteela are immune to Toxic. They can use Blissey as setup fodder or place heavy pressure on Blissey's team.

**Physical Attackers**: Due to Blissey's very low Defense and the generally high offensive stats found in Ubers, most relevant physical attackers will be able to at least 2HKO Blissey.

**Rest**: Rest users such as Z-Geomancy Xerneas and Zygarde-C can Rest off poison and potentially stall Blissey out of recovery.

**Taunt**: Taunt users like Yveltal, Mega Aerodactyl, and potentially Darkrai can completely shut down and beat Blissey if they avoid switching into Toxic.
Add more examples for Steel-types and Physical Attackers. Add Primal Kyogre under Rest as well since it can stall Blissey out.

Mega Gengar should be added under C&C as well. If you can address the level of threat in Usage Tips, might as well mention it under Checks and Counters as well.

Last edited:

GMars

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, just wanted to make a few suggestions:

While i can see you have already mentioned plenty of Special Attackers prior to this statement, I think you can mention a few examples like support arceus formes, zygarde-c, mega sableye and such.

For OO,
You might as well add Seismic Toss for consistent damage.

Add more examples for Steel-types and Physical Attackers. Add Primal Kyogre under Rest as well since it can stall Blissey out.

Mega Gengar should be added under C&C as well. If you can address the level of threat in Usage Tips, might as well mention it under Checks and Counters as well.
Thank you, implemented.

Reactions: ckw
Magearna is a weird teammate as I don't think it has the utility to bring to stall. Ferrothorn can do better as a Steel here, checking Z-Geomancy Xerneas and helping against Primal Kyogre.

A perk to Shed Shell is that it can also help bulky teams against Perish Trap Arceus-Dark, and should be noted in Set Details.

Ice Beam and Flamethrower should be dropped from OO - they are just too niche to really work and a situation where either is required is better off with a team rebuild.

Add Alolan Muk to C&C as it forces Blissey to take Pursuit damage (Blissey can't touch it).

Overall I think it looks way better after the rework, this is the sorta information that was needed in the first place so take your lesson onboard.

QC 1/3

GMars

Magearna is a weird teammate as I don't think it has the utility to bring to stall. Ferrothorn can do better as a Steel here, checking Z-Geomancy Xerneas and helping against Primal Kyogre.

A perk to Shed Shell is that it can also help bulky teams against Perish Trap Arceus-Dark, and should be noted in Set Details.

Ice Beam and Flamethrower should be dropped from OO - they are just too niche to really work and a situation where either is required is better off with a team rebuild.

Add Alolan Muk to C&C as it forces Blissey to take Pursuit damage (Blissey can't touch it).

Overall I think it looks way better after the rework, this is the sorta information that was needed in the first place so take your lesson onboard.

QC 1/3
Thank you - I'm very appreciative of your help in the rework. I will keep this lesson moving forward.

Make Nayrz's changes and QC 2/3
Implemented, written, and ready for QC 3. Thank you!

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Ok the collective QC decision is to eradicate the leftovers Blissey set from the analysis due to its general weakness to Perish Trap sets. I will try to highlight whatever instances I can find of leftovers over the analysis, but I'd recommend you read the analysis once again and do the same.

Overview
While Chansey has higher bulk than Blissey due to Eviolite, Blissey's higher Special Attack allows it to deal with most variants of Mega Gengar without requiring dedicated Pursuit support.
change to Blissey's ability to switch-out from Mega-Gengar

[SET]
Edit the main set to this.
Confide deals with Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre and Calm Mind Arceus.
Seismic Toss is another option if the team can deal with these threats, usually with ferrothorn support on stall.
Wish helps provide extra healing support on fat teams / teams with mons that lack recovery. Wish teams also require support vs CM / rest geo.

For now, I want you to edit the entire analysis based on these requirements. I think a lot of it needs to be changed - once you make the necessary changes, tag me and I'll look over. Sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Also, here's just some editing on checks and counters which won't change much

Checks and Counters
===================

**Taunt**: Taunt users like Yveltal, Mega Aerodactyl, and potentially Darkrai can completely shut down and beat Blissey if they avoid switching into Toxic.
Add Mega-Gengar before Yveltal.

**Alolan Muk**: Alolan Muk is immune to Toxic and takes very little damage from Shadow Ball. It is able to stick damage on Blissey with Pursuit, weakening Blissey for its teammates.
Mention that it can also Knock Off Blissey's Shell.

**Certain Mega Gengar Variants**: While Blissey can handle most common Mega Gengar sets, it does need to be careful of less common sets such as Perish Trap or Destiny Bond.
**Rest**: Rest users such as Z-Geomancy Xerneas, Primal Kyogre, and Zygarde-C can Rest off poison and potentially stall Blissey out of recovery.
Mention Rest, CM users can beat non-confide blissey sets.
[/quote]

GMars

Ok the collective QC decision is to eradicate the leftovers Blissey set from the analysis due to its general weakness to Perish Trap sets. I will try to highlight whatever instances I can find of leftovers over the analysis, but I'd recommend you read the analysis once again and do the same.

change to Blissey's ability to switch-out from Mega-Gengar

Edit the main set to this.
Confide deals with Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre and Calm Mind Arceus.
Seismic Toss is another option if the team can deal with these threats, usually with ferrothorn support on stall.
Wish helps provide extra healing support on fat teams / teams with mons that lack recovery. Wish teams also require support vs CM / rest geo.

For now, I want you to edit the entire analysis based on these requirements. I think a lot of it needs to be changed - once you make the necessary changes, tag me and I'll look over. Sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Also, here's just some editing on checks and counters which won't change much

Add Mega-Gengar before Yveltal.

Mention that it can also Knock Off Blissey's Shell.

Mention Rest, CM users can beat non-confide blissey sets.
Gunner Rohan okay, I've implemented these changes. Please let me know if you notice any I may have missed

Last edited:

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Set Details
========

Shed Shell is used to escape trapping from Mega Gengar and Dugtrio.
Dugtrio isn't a prominent trapper in SM Ubers, so I think it's better to change this to Mega-Gengar and other trappers.

Usage Tips
========
Bring Blissey in on the Pokemon it can wall—specially offensive Pokemon, support Arceus formes, and somewhat passive Pokemon like Zygarde-C and Mega Sableye—or to absorb status. Should an opposing Pokemon be forced out by Blissey, such as Palkia or Darkrai, take the opportunity to either spread Toxic if the opponent lacks immunities or to Soft-Boiled if necessary. Keep Blissey healthy enough with Soft-Boiled to enable it to consistently check specially offensive threats. Blissey can be quickly worn down by entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Spikes. Use Blissey's teammates to work to quickly remove these hazards or otherwise prevent them. If Blissey's team is afflicted by status conditions, use Heal Bell to cure them. Otherwise, spread Toxic to wear down the opposing team or use Wish to heal Blissey's teammates, allow them to more freely switch into attacks. Be conservative with Heal Bell's PP, as it is limited and vital to support a defensive team. Prioritize absorbing status with Natural Cure rather than healing it. Be mindful of switching into Pokemon which can carry mixed coverage, such as Yveltal's Knock Off or Lunala's Psyshock. These moves can leave Blissey weakened to the point where it is unable to continue to check specially offensive Pokemon, opening up a hole in the team's defensive backbone.
A mention needs to be made here about Blissey's uselessness vs steel type. A small note can be made about how Blissey lures Steel types and is usually deadweight vs them, unless you can get off a small chip with Seismic Toss.

Team Options
========

Blissey only fits on fully defensive teams and requires support from physical walls to patch up its low physical defense. Zygarde-C is an excellent physical wall, forming a solid defensive backbone with Blissey. Defensive Arceus formes can provide a physical wall to pair with Blissey and can potentially Defog hazards away. Arceus-Ground can make for a good Stealth Rock setter for defensive teams. Arcueus-Ground provides a good check to Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence and in turn benefits from Blissey's Heal Bell. Giratina is another good physical wall to pair with Blissey, especially because its Ghost-typing allows it to switch in to Fighting-type moves. Mega Sableye is able to prevent opposing hazards, allowing Blissey to stay out of 2HKO range of certain special attacks, such as +2 Xerneas's Moonblast. Ferrothorn can stack entry hazards, check Z-Geomancy Xerneas, and assist Blissey versus Primal Kyogre—Ferrothorn is an especially useful partner for Blissey sets that forego Confide for this reason. Pursuit support from Alolan Muk can be nice in handling Deoxys-A and Lunala. Lugia greatly appreciates the cleric support Blissey provides, and its solid defenses can contribute to a stall focused team.
Same idea as above, you can mention how Zygarde-C, support Arceus can act as Steel checks. Even though you've already mentioned these, you can just add a point about them checking Steels.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Alolan Muk**: Alolan Muk is immune to Toxic and takes very little damage from Shadow Ball. It is able to stick damage on Blissey with Pursuit, weakening Blissey for its teammates, and can also Knock Off Blissey's Shed Shell.
While Alolan-Muk does beat Blissey, Poison types in general also force Blissey to switch out. The match-up between Gengar and Blissey may be a stalemate, but one would usually opt to switch Blissey out. Moreover, while Arceus-Poison while uncommon, can also check Blissey. I guess you change Alolan-Muk to Poison-Types and type a clearer paragraph emulating all these points, and space it right under Steel-Types.

Implement this, and you have QC 3/3

Last edited:

GMars

Dugtrio isn't a prominent trapper in SM Ubers, so I think it's better to change this to Mega-Gengar and other trappers.

A mention needs to be made here about Blissey's uselessness vs steel type. A small note can be made about how Blissey lures Steel types and is usually deadweight vs them, unless you can get off a small chip with Seismic Toss.

Same idea as above, you can mention how Zygarde-C, support Arceus can act as Steel checks. Even though you've already mentioned these, you can just add a point about them checking Steels.

While Alolan-Muk does beat Blissey, Poison types in general also force Blissey to switch out. The match-up between Gengar and Blissey may be a stalemate, but one would usually opt to switch Blissey out. Moreover, while Arceus-Poison while uncommon, can also check Blissey. I guess you change Alolan-Muk to Poison-Types and type a clearer paragraph emulating all these points, and space it right under Steel-Types.

Implement this, and you have QC 3/3
Implemented and GP ready - thanks!

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
wheee
GP 1/2

Additions, (AC) = add comma
Removals, (RC) = remove comma
Comments

I pointed out a few instances of the Leftovers set being referenced in the Overview and C&C. Idk if they need to be removed or not, so you can handle them as you please.

[OVERVIEW]

Blissey's astronomical HP and Special Defense stats allow it to wall threatening special attackers, including Darkrai, Palkia, and Dialga. It also has the potential to check other specially offensive threats such as Yveltal, Lunala, Xerneas, and Kyogre depending on their sets. Blissey's supportive movepool and ability to wall special threats enables enable it to act as an effective cleric. In addition, Blissey can sponge status ailments for its teammates thanks to Natural Cure. While Chansey has higher bulk than Blissey due to Eviolite, Blissey's ability to hold Shed Shell allows it to switch out of Mega Gengar's Shadow Tag, allowing it to be run without requiring dedicated Pursuit support. Blissey also benefits from passive recovery, making it a somewhat more effective status absorber than Chansey. (wait...didn't you move the Leftovers sets to OO? If so, does this sentence still need to be here?) Unfortunately, Blissey can be very passive, relying on Toxic for the majority of its damage output. Blissey's low physical defense leaves it vulnerable to powerful physical attackers and unable to check strong mixed attackers, such as Deoxys-A and Mega Mewtwo Y. In addition, Blissey only fits on fully defensive teams able to patch make up for its low physical defense, whereas Chansey can find a place on both balanced and defensive team structures.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Soft-Boiled is Blissey's primary form of recovery, letting it consistently check specially offensive Pokemon and allowing it to stall out Toxic turns. Toxic is Blissey's main form of damage output, enabling Blissey it to wear down the Pokemon it checks and counters. Heal Bell heals status conditions, (AC) provides providing cleric support for Blissey's team with cleric support, (RC) healing status conditions. Confide lets Blissey deal with Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre, and Calm Mind Arceus formes. Seismic Toss can be used if Blissey's team can already handle these Pokemon. Wish is an alternative to provide healing for a teammate or have give Blissey extra recovery PP for recovery if necessary. (trying to make this a bit clearer) Due to Blissey's enormous HP stat, Wish will almost always fully recover a teammate.

Set Details
========

Shed Shell is used to escape trapping from Mega Gengar and other trappers. (should imply the same thing while avoiding awkwardness/repetition) Shed Shell also helps Blissey support its team versus Perish Trap variants of Arceus-Dark. Natural Cure is the preferred ability to allow Blissey to absorb status without having to burn Heal Bell PP. Because of Blissey's maximum perfect base 255 HP stat (this should help with clarity imo while still giving the same meaning), investing in both of its defense stats rather than its HP stat provides more impact on its bulk overall. 252 Special Defense EVs maximize Blissey's special bulk, enabling it to consistently check specially offensive Pokemon. A Calm nature is used to avoid a 2HKO from Geomancy Xerneas. 252 Defense EVs flesh out Blissey's physical bulk, letting it take weaker physical attacks such as Zygarde-C's Thousand Arrows.

Usage Tips
========

Bring Blissey in on the Pokemon it can wall—specially offensive Pokemon, support Arceus formes, and somewhat passive Pokemon like Zygarde-C and Mega Sableye—or to absorb status. Should an opposing Pokemon be forced out by Blissey, such as Palkia or Darkrai, take the opportunity to either spread Toxic if the opponent lacks immunities or to heal with Soft-Boiled if necessary. Keep Blissey healthy enough with Soft-Boiled to enable it to consistently check specially offensive threats. Blissey can be quickly worn down by entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Spikes. (remove period) , (AC) so Use use Blissey's teammates to work to quickly remove these entry hazards or otherwise prevent them from being set. If Blissey's team is afflicted by status conditions, use Heal Bell to cure them. Otherwise, spread Toxic to wear down the opposing team or use Wish to heal Blissey's teammates, allow allowing them to more freely switch into attacks. Be conservative with Heal Bell's PP, as it is limited and vital to support a defensive team. (remove period) ; (add semicolon) Prioritize prioritize absorbing status with Natural Cure rather than healing it. (I feel the two sentences are related enough so that it would be smoother to merge the two together rather than keeping the short 2nd sentence as it) Be mindful of switching into attacks from Pokemon which that can carry mixed coverage, such as Yveltal's Knock Off or Lunala's Psyshock. These moves can leave Blissey weakened to the point where it is unable to continue to check specially offensive Pokemon, opening up a hole in the team's defensive backbone. Also, be aware that Blissey tends to lure in Steel-types, as it is deadweight against them outside of chip damage with a potential Seismic Toss.

Team Options
========

Blissey only fits on fully defensive teams and requires support from physical walls to patch up its low physical defense. Zygarde-C is an excellent physical wall, forming a solid defensive backbone with Blissey. Defensive Arceus formes can provide a physical wall to pair with Blissey and can potentially Defog entry hazards away. Arceus-Ground can make makes for a good Stealth Rock setter for on defensive teams. (remove period) Arcueus-Ground , (AC) provides Blissey with a good check to Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence, (AC) and, (AC) in turn, (AC) benefits from Blissey's Heal Bell. (trying to smooth things out...) Both Additionally, both Arceus-Ground and Zygarde-C additionally check Steel-types for Blissey. Giratina is another good physical wall to pair with Blissey, especially because its Ghost-typing allows it to switch in to into Fighting-type moves. Mega Sableye is able to prevent opposing foes from setting entry hazards, allowing Blissey to stay out of 2HKO range of certain special attacks, such as +2 Xerneas's Moonblast. Ferrothorn can stack entry hazards, check Z-Geomancy Xerneas, and assist Blissey versus Primal Kyogre—Ferrothornit is an especially useful partner for Blissey sets that forego Confide for this reason. Pursuit support from Alolan Muk can be nice in for handling Deoxys-A and Lunala. Lugia greatly appreciates the cleric support Blissey provides, and its solid defenses can contribute to a stall focused team. ("stall focused" sounds a bit awkward...if this was meant to also reference any semi-stall teams that Lugia+Blissey might be on, just note "semi-stall" alongside stall)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Snatch is an option to allow Blissey to beat Refresh Arceus forms formes one-on-one and also helps Blissey's matchup versus Aromatherapy Xerneas. Leftovers can be used with Shadow Ball to give Blissey passive recovery while allowing it to beat most Mega Gengar sets 1-on-1, but this set loses to Perish Trap variants. Blissey can set up Stealth Rock, though it has trouble fitting this move on Cleric cleric sets.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Mega Lucario, Celesteela, and Ferrothorn are immune to Toxic. They can use Blissey as setup fodder or place heavy pressure on Blissey's team.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types like Alolan Muk, Gengar, and the rare Arceus-Poison are immune to Toxic. Alolan Muk takes very little damage from Shadow Ball (again, the Leftovers set got moved to OO, so it seems strange that it got referenced here...) and is able to stick on damage with Pursuit (bit of a weird phrase, but this could be acceptable...), weakening Blissey for its teammates, or it Knock Off Blissey's Shed Shell. Mega Gengar forces Blissey to switch or can trap traps Blissey if it has had its Shed Shell removed.

**Physical Attackers**: Due to Blissey's very low Defense and the generally high offensive stats found in Ubers, most relevant physical attackers, (AC) such as Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence, and Arceus-Normal, (AC) will be able to at least 2HKO Blissey.

**Taunt**: Taunt users like Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Mega Aerodactyl, and potentially Darkrai can completely shut down and beat Blissey if they avoid switching into Toxic.

**Rest**: Rest users such as Z-Geomancy Xerneas, Primal Kyogre, and Zygarde-C can Rest off poison and potentially stall Blissey out of recovery. Rest users that additionally use Calm Mind, such as Primal Kyogre, can also beat non-Confide variants of Blissey.

Last edited:

GMars

wheee
GP 1/2

Additions, (AC) = add comma
Removals, (RC) = remove comma
Comments

I pointed out a few instances of the Leftovers set being referenced in the Overview and C&C. Idk if they need to be removed or not, so you can handle them as you please.

[OVERVIEW]

Blissey's astronomical HP and Special Defense stats allow it to wall threatening special attackers, including Darkrai, Palkia, and Dialga. It also has the potential to check other specially offensive threats such as Yveltal, Lunala, Xerneas, and Kyogre depending on their sets. Blissey's supportive movepool and ability to wall special threats enables enable it to act as an effective cleric. In addition, Blissey can sponge status ailments for its teammates thanks to Natural Cure. While Chansey has higher bulk than Blissey due to Eviolite, Blissey's ability to hold Shed Shell allows it to switch out of Mega Gengar's Shadow Tag, allowing it to be run without requiring dedicated Pursuit support. Blissey also benefits from passive recovery, making it a somewhat more effective status absorber than Chansey. (wait...didn't you move the Leftovers sets to OO? If so, does this sentence still need to be here?) Unfortunately, Blissey can be very passive, relying on Toxic for the majority of its damage output. Blissey's low physical defense leaves it vulnerable to powerful physical attackers and unable to check strong mixed attackers, such as Deoxys-A and Mega Mewtwo Y. In addition, Blissey only fits on fully defensive teams able to patch make up for its low physical defense, whereas Chansey can find a place on both balanced and defensive team structures.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Soft-Boiled is Blissey's primary form of recovery, letting it consistently check specially offensive Pokemon and allowing it to stall out Toxic turns. Toxic is Blissey's main form of damage output, enabling Blissey it to wear down the Pokemon it checks and counters. Heal Bell heals status conditions, (AC) provides providing cleric support for Blissey's team with cleric support, (RC) healing status conditions. Confide lets Blissey deal with Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre, and Calm Mind Arceus formes. Seismic Toss can be used if Blissey's team can already handle these Pokemon. Wish is an alternative to provide healing for a teammate or have give Blissey extra recovery PP for recovery if necessary. (trying to make this a bit clearer) Due to Blissey's enormous HP stat, Wish will almost always fully recover a teammate.

Set Details
========

Shed Shell is used to escape trapping from Mega Gengar and other trappers. (should imply the same thing while avoiding awkwardness/repetition) Shed Shell also helps Blissey support its team versus Perish Trap variants of Arceus-Dark. Natural Cure is the preferred ability to allow Blissey to absorb status without having to burn Heal Bell PP. Because of Blissey's maximum perfect base 255 HP stat (this should help with clarity imo while still giving the same meaning), investing in both of its defense stats rather than its HP stat provides more impact on its bulk overall. 252 Special Defense EVs maximize Blissey's special bulk, enabling it to consistently check specially offensive Pokemon. A Calm nature is used to avoid a 2HKO from Geomancy Xerneas. 252 Defense EVs flesh out Blissey's physical bulk, letting it take weaker physical attacks such as Zygarde-C's Thousand Arrows.

Usage Tips
========

Bring Blissey in on the Pokemon it can wall—specially offensive Pokemon, support Arceus formes, and somewhat passive Pokemon like Zygarde-C and Mega Sableye—or to absorb status. Should an opposing Pokemon be forced out by Blissey, such as Palkia or Darkrai, take the opportunity to either spread Toxic if the opponent lacks immunities or to heal with Soft-Boiled if necessary. Keep Blissey healthy enough with Soft-Boiled to enable it to consistently check specially offensive threats. Blissey can be quickly worn down by entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Spikes. (remove period) , (AC) so Use use Blissey's teammates to work to quickly remove these entry hazards or otherwise prevent them from being set. If Blissey's team is afflicted by status conditions, use Heal Bell to cure them. Otherwise, spread Toxic to wear down the opposing team or use Wish to heal Blissey's teammates, allow allowing them to more freely switch into attacks. Be conservative with Heal Bell's PP, as it is limited and vital to support a defensive team. (remove period) ; (add semicolon) Prioritize prioritize absorbing status with Natural Cure rather than healing it. (I feel the two sentences are related enough so that it would be smoother to merge the two together rather than keeping the short 2nd sentence as it) Be mindful of switching into attacks from Pokemon which that can carry mixed coverage, such as Yveltal's Knock Off or Lunala's Psyshock. These moves can leave Blissey weakened to the point where it is unable to continue to check specially offensive Pokemon, opening up a hole in the team's defensive backbone. Also, be aware that Blissey tends to lure in Steel-types, as it is deadweight against them outside of chip damage with a potential Seismic Toss.

Team Options
========

Blissey only fits on fully defensive teams and requires support from physical walls to patch up its low physical defense. Zygarde-C is an excellent physical wall, forming a solid defensive backbone with Blissey. Defensive Arceus formes can provide a physical wall to pair with Blissey and can potentially Defog entry hazards away. Arceus-Ground can make makes for a good Stealth Rock setter for on defensive teams. (remove period) Arcueus-Ground , (AC) provides Blissey with a good check to Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence, (AC) and, (AC) in turn, (AC) benefits from Blissey's Heal Bell. (trying to smooth things out...) Both Additionally, both Arceus-Ground and Zygarde-C additionally check Steel-types for Blissey. Giratina is another good physical wall to pair with Blissey, especially because its Ghost-typing allows it to switch in to into Fighting-type moves. Mega Sableye is able to prevent opposing foes from setting entry hazards, allowing Blissey to stay out of 2HKO range of certain special attacks, such as +2 Xerneas's Moonblast. Ferrothorn can stack entry hazards, check Z-Geomancy Xerneas, and assist Blissey versus Primal Kyogre—Ferrothornit is an especially useful partner for Blissey sets that forego Confide for this reason. Pursuit support from Alolan Muk can be nice in for handling Deoxys-A and Lunala. Lugia greatly appreciates the cleric support Blissey provides, and its solid defenses can contribute to a stall focused team. ("stall focused" sounds a bit awkward...if this was meant to also reference any semi-stall teams that Lugia+Blissey might be on, just note "semi-stall" alongside stall)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Snatch is an option to allow Blissey to beat Refresh Arceus forms formes one-on-one and also helps Blissey's matchup versus Aromatherapy Xerneas. Leftovers can be used with Shadow Ball to give Blissey passive recovery while allowing it to beat most Mega Gengar sets 1-on-1, but this set loses to Perish Trap variants. Blissey can set up Stealth Rock, though it has trouble fitting this move on Cleric cleric sets.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Poison-types**: Poison-types like Alolan Muk, Gengar, and the rare Arceus-Poison are immune to Toxic. Alolan Muk takes very little damage from Shadow Ball (again, the Leftovers set got moved to OO, so it seems strange that it got referenced here...) and is able to stick on damage with Pursuit (bit of a weird phrase, but this could be acceptable...), weakening Blissey for its teammates, or it Knock Off Blissey's Shed Shell. Mega Gengar forces Blissey to switch or can trap traps Blissey if it has had its Shed Shell removed.

**Physical Attackers**: Due to Blissey's very low Defense and the generally high offensive stats found in Ubers, most relevant physical attackers, (AC) such as Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence, and Arceus-Normal, (AC) will be able to at least 2HKO Blissey.

Thank you - implemented and ready for GP 2

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[OVERVIEW]

Blissey's astronomical HP and Special Defense stats allow it to wall threatening special attackers, including Darkrai, Palkia, and Dialga. It also has the potential to check other specially offensive threats such as Yveltal, Lunala, Xerneas, and Kyogre depending on their sets. Blissey's supportive movepool and ability to wall special threats enable it to act as an effective cleric. In addition, Blissey can sponge status ailments for its teammates thanks to Natural Cure. While Chansey has higher bulk than Blissey due to Eviolite, Blissey's ability to hold Shed Shell allows it to switch out of Mega Gengar's Shadow Tag, allowing it to be run without requiring dedicated Pursuit support. Unfortunately, Blissey can be very passive, relying on Toxic for the majority of its damage output. Blissey's low physical Defense leaves it vulnerable to powerful physical attackers and unable to check strong mixed attackers, such as Deoxys-A and Mega Mewtwo Y. In addition, Blissey only fits on fully defensive teams able to make up for its low physical Defense, whereas Chansey can find a place on both balanced and defensive team structures.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Soft-Boiled is Blissey's primary form of recovery, letting it consistently check specially offensive Pokemon and allowing it to stall out Toxic turns. Toxic is Blissey's main form of damage output, enabling it to wear down the Pokemon it checks and counters. Heal Bell heals status conditions, providing cleric support for Blissey's team. Confide lets Blissey deal with Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Kyogre, and Calm Mind Arceus formes. Seismic Toss can be used if Blissey's team can already handle these Pokemon. Wish is an alternative to provide healing for a teammate or give Blissey extra PP for recovery if necessary. Due to Blissey's enormous HP stat, Wish will almost always fully recover a teammate.

Set Details
========

Shed Shell is used to escape from Mega Gengar and other trappers. Shed Shell also helps Blissey support its team versus Perish Trap variants of Arceus-Dark. Natural Cure is the preferred ability to allow Blissey to absorb status without having to burn Heal Bell PP. Because of Blissey's perfect base 255 HP stat, investing in both of its defense stats rather than its HP stat provides more impact on its bulk overall. 252 Special Defense EVs maximize Blissey's special bulk, enabling it to consistently check specially offensive Pokemon. A Calm nature is used to avoid a 2HKO from Geomancy Xerneas. 252 Defense EVs flesh out Blissey's physical bulk, letting it take weaker physical attacks such as Zygarde-C's Thousand Arrows.

Usage Tips
========

Bring Blissey in on the Pokemon it can wall—specially offensive Pokemon, support Arceus formes, and somewhat passive Pokemon like Zygarde-C and Mega Sableye—or to absorb status. Should an opposing Pokemon be forced out by Blissey, such as Palkia or Darkrai, take the opportunity to either spread Toxic if the opponent lacks immunities Pokemon immune to it or to heal with Soft-Boiled if necessary. Keep Blissey healthy enough with Soft-Boiled to enable it to consistently check specially offensive threats. Blissey can be quickly worn down by entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Spikes, so use Blissey's teammates to quickly remove these entry hazards or otherwise prevent them from being set. If Blissey's team is afflicted by status conditions, use Heal Bell to cure them. Otherwise, spread Toxic to wear down the opposing team or use Wish to heal Blissey's teammates, allowing them to more freely switch into attacks. Be conservative with Heal Bell's PP, as it is limited and vital to support a defensive team; prioritize absorbing status with Natural Cure rather than healing it with Heal Bell. Be mindful of switching into attacks from Pokemon that can carry mixed coverage, such as Yveltal's Knock Off or Lunala's Psyshock. These moves can leave Blissey weakened to the point where it is unable to continue to check specially offensive Pokemon, opening up a hole in the team's defensive backbone. Also, be aware that Blissey tends to lure in Steel-types, as it is deadweight against them outside of chip damage with from a potential Seismic Toss.

Team Options
========

Blissey only fits on fully defensive teams and requires support from physical walls to patch up its low physical Defense. Zygarde-C is an excellent physical wall, forming a solid defensive backbone with Blissey. Defensive Arceus formes can provide a physical wall to pair with Blissey and can potentially Defog entry hazards away. Arceus-Ground makes for a good Stealth Rock setter on defensive teams, provides Blissey with a good check to Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence, and,(RC) in turn,(RC) benefits from Blissey's Heal Bell. Additionally, both Arceus-Ground and Zygarde-C check Steel-types for Blissey. Giratina is another good physical wall to pair with Blissey, especially because its Ghost-typing allows it to switch into Fighting-type moves. Mega Sableye is able to prevent foes from setting entry hazards, allowing Blissey to stay out of 2HKO range of certain special attacks, such as +2 Xerneas's Moonblast. Ferrothorn can stack entry hazards, check Z-Geomancy Xerneas, and assist Blissey versus Primal Kyogre—it (fixed spacing) is an especially useful partner for Blissey sets that forego Confide for this reason. Pursuit support from Alolan Muk can be nice for handling Deoxys-A and Lunala. Lugia greatly appreciates the cleric support Blissey provides, and its solid defenses can contribute to a stall team.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Snatch is an option to allow Blissey to beat Refresh Arceus formes one-on-one and also helps Blissey's matchup versus Aromatherapy Xerneas. Leftovers can be used with Shadow Ball to give Blissey passive recovery while allowing it to beat most Mega Gengar sets 1-on-1 one-on-one, but this set loses to Perish Trap variants. Blissey can set up Stealth Rock, though it has trouble fitting this move on cleric sets.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Poison-types**: Poison-types like Alolan Muk, Gengar, and the rare Arceus-Poison are immune to Toxic. Alolan Muk is able to stick on damage with Pursuit, weakening Blissey for its teammates, or Knock Off Blissey's Shed Shell. Mega Gengar forces Blissey to switch or traps Blissey if it has had its Shed Shell removed.

**Physical Attackers**: Due to Blissey's very low Defense and the generally high offensive stats found in Ubers, most relevant physical attackers, such as Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence, and Arceus-Normal Arceus, will be able to at least 2HKO Blissey.

GP 2/2

GMars

Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[OVERVIEW]

Blissey's astronomical HP and Special Defense stats allow it to wall threatening special attackers, including Darkrai, Palkia, and Dialga. It also has the potential to check other specially offensive threats such as Yveltal, Lunala, Xerneas, and Kyogre depending on their sets. Blissey's supportive movepool and ability to wall special threats enable it to act as an effective cleric. In addition, Blissey can sponge status ailments for its teammates thanks to Natural Cure. While Chansey has higher bulk than Blissey due to Eviolite, Blissey's ability to hold Shed Shell allows it to switch out of Mega Gengar's Shadow Tag, allowing it to be run without requiring dedicated Pursuit support. Unfortunately, Blissey can be very passive, relying on Toxic for the majority of its damage output. Blissey's low physical Defense leaves it vulnerable to powerful physical attackers and unable to check strong mixed attackers, such as Deoxys-A and Mega Mewtwo Y. In addition, Blissey only fits on fully defensive teams able to make up for its low physical Defense, whereas Chansey can find a place on both balanced and defensive team structures.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

Bring Blissey in on the Pokemon it can wall—specially offensive Pokemon, support Arceus formes, and somewhat passive Pokemon like Zygarde-C and Mega Sableye—or to absorb status. Should an opposing Pokemon be forced out by Blissey, such as Palkia or Darkrai, take the opportunity to either spread Toxic if the opponent lacks immunities Pokemon immune to it or to heal with Soft-Boiled if necessary. Keep Blissey healthy enough with Soft-Boiled to enable it to consistently check specially offensive threats. Blissey can be quickly worn down by entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Spikes, so use Blissey's teammates to quickly remove these entry hazards or otherwise prevent them from being set. If Blissey's team is afflicted by status conditions, use Heal Bell to cure them. Otherwise, spread Toxic to wear down the opposing team or use Wish to heal Blissey's teammates, allowing them to more freely switch into attacks. Be conservative with Heal Bell's PP, as it is limited and vital to support a defensive team; prioritize absorbing status with Natural Cure rather than healing it with Heal Bell. Be mindful of switching into attacks from Pokemon that can carry mixed coverage, such as Yveltal's Knock Off or Lunala's Psyshock. These moves can leave Blissey weakened to the point where it is unable to continue to check specially offensive Pokemon, opening up a hole in the team's defensive backbone. Also, be aware that Blissey tends to lure in Steel-types, as it is deadweight against them outside of chip damage with from a potential Seismic Toss.

Team Options
========

Blissey only fits on fully defensive teams and requires support from physical walls to patch up its low physical Defense. Zygarde-C is an excellent physical wall, forming a solid defensive backbone with Blissey. Defensive Arceus formes can provide a physical wall to pair with Blissey and can potentially Defog entry hazards away. Arceus-Ground makes for a good Stealth Rock setter on defensive teams, provides Blissey with a good check to Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence, and,(RC) in turn,(RC) benefits from Blissey's Heal Bell. Additionally, both Arceus-Ground and Zygarde-C check Steel-types for Blissey. Giratina is another good physical wall to pair with Blissey, especially because its Ghost-typing allows it to switch into Fighting-type moves. Mega Sableye is able to prevent foes from setting entry hazards, allowing Blissey to stay out of 2HKO range of certain special attacks, such as +2 Xerneas's Moonblast. Ferrothorn can stack entry hazards, check Z-Geomancy Xerneas, and assist Blissey versus Primal Kyogre—it (fixed spacing) is an especially useful partner for Blissey sets that forego Confide for this reason. Pursuit support from Alolan Muk can be nice for handling Deoxys-A and Lunala. Lugia greatly appreciates the cleric support Blissey provides, and its solid defenses can contribute to a stall team.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Snatch is an option to allow Blissey to beat Refresh Arceus formes one-on-one and also helps Blissey's matchup versus Aromatherapy Xerneas. Leftovers can be used with Shadow Ball to give Blissey passive recovery while allowing it to beat most Mega Gengar sets 1-on-1 one-on-one, but this set loses to Perish Trap variants. Blissey can set up Stealth Rock, though it has trouble fitting this move on cleric sets.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Physical Attackers**: Due to Blissey's very low Defense and the generally high offensive stats found in Ubers, most relevant physical attackers, such as Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence, and Arceus-Normal Arceus, will be able to at least 2HKO Blissey.

GP 2/2
Implemented - blissey is done, thanks everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)