Tournament BLT IV: Group Stage Week 1

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to the first week of BLT IV! The format of this tournament is simple: there will be 2 groups with 4 teams in each. Within each group, the four teams face each of the other three teams in their group once. After three weeks, the teams will be ranked (2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss). The top two teams advance from their groups, while the rest are eliminated. If there is a tie between teams at this point in the tournament, the two teams with the best win/loss over the three week period will advance. From here, the top 4 teams that advance will verse each other in a single elimination format for the semifinals and then finals. Matches will be in standard Smogon SM tiers, so challenge your opponent in those. Obviously, play on PS! (preferably main or smogtours server). Series are played in a best-of-one (except BSS).

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this season as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with any subs they chose during the draft. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

Reminder for BSS players: it's played in a best-of-three format without teams being locked in the three games.
Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

Sun Group

Six Island Sharpedos (Feliburn Natalie.) - Geosenge Garchomps (Jack Dalton Vapo)
Burlesque Bewears (Scyther NO Swiping samjo) - Twinleaf Trevenants (Always! blazenix)
Six Island Sharpedos (4) vs. (4) Geosenge Garchomps

Ubers: Osh (Oshawott Fan) vs. jasprose
OU: flowsociety vs. Kyotoshi
OU: Kingofcrimea vs. Samspark
UU: naruto(sage) vs. Mastoise
RU: Arifeen vs. soTsoT
Doubles OU: SableyeMyBae vs. miltankmilk
LC: Mikaav vs. Akashi (jeran)
BSS: Natalie. vs Ace-11

Burlesque Bewears
(3) vs. (5) Twinleaf Trevenants

Ubers: EternalSnowman vs. byronthewellwell
OU: Jrsmash9 vs. blazenix
OU: Fardin vs. sand1234
UU: HT (hairy toenail) vs. Jarii
RU: Skelos (BigAir) vs. TraceofLife (Trace)
Doubles OU: MiyoKa vs. littlelachyjn
LC: samjo vs. Kurukaito
BSS: parivard vs. Plas (Plasmagby)

Moon Group

Sunnyshore Staraptors (Roseybear kushal00) - Hau'oli Hariyamas (GXS Silverwhiteblue)
Goldenrod Greninjas (Leafage Ceteris Paribus) - Paniola Ranchers (Quote dogknees)
Sunnyshore Staraptors (4) vs. (4) Hau'oli Hariyamas

Ubers: Mysterious M vs. Dull Ladder UU
OU: blinkboy vs. MJ (emptee / mj20)
OU: Hamhamhamham vs. Bundy300 (Almighty Sa)
UU: Javoon vs. Serene's Grace
RU: iAruban vs. TheWall (The Welsh Wall)
Doubles OU: StarRaikou vs. Silverwhiteblue
LC: kushal00 vs. Dundies
BSS: Megazard vs. youmu@poke

Goldenrod Greninjas
(3) vs. (5) Paniola Ranchers

Ubers: peachycl0uds (peachyclouds) vs. Leru
OU: Amoonguss (3d) vs. OminousDraco
OU: KoldKappuccino vs. BigBoy038
UU: Akaru Kokuyo vs. Sharp Ladder UU
RU: Karalynia vs. Microwavable (Micro)
Doubles OU: Rafooa11 vs. Matame
LC: Ninjadog~ (Ninjadog13) vs. PD
BSS: Mishimono vs. Blitzburgh

In week 2, you'll be playing the team directly beneath you. To make this clear, for example, the Six Island Sharpedos will play the Burlesque Bewears then, while the Geosenge Garchomps will play the Twinleaf Trevenants.

Please remember to use the Tournaments sub-room The Dojo for BLT IV discussion and to keep this thread civil regardless of friendly banter.

This week ends 25th June at 11:59PM EST (GMT-4). Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
as a independent third party (or 9th) here are some completely unbiased predictions

Six Island Sharpedos (5) vs. (3) Geosenge Garchomps

Ubers: Osh (Oshawott Fan) vs. jasprose osh is decent enough and who is jasprose
OU: flowsociety vs. Kyotoshi after a hiatus my man jack be back for blood
OU: Kingofcrimea vs. Samspark someone who actually plays ou vs someone who actually plays for team india
UU: naruto(sage) vs. Mastoise sage plays uu (i think?) but mastoise seems solid too so could go either way
RU: Arifeen vs. soTsoT hl match of the week, sotsot has been consistently been playing impressively in the tier but could go either way
Doubles OU: SableyeMyBae vs. miltankmilk gonna give it to miltank since he has more experience
LC: Mikaav vs. Akashi (jeran) who's the 1st one
BSS: Natalie. vs Ace-11 bss queen

Burlesque Bewears (4) vs. (4) Twinleaf Trevenants

Ubers: EternalSnowman vs. byronthewellwell both are solid but esm's teams look more fun
OU: Jrsmash9 vs. blazenix i still remember when jrsmash would bring the weirdest stall shit to ubers roomtours
OU: Fardin vs. sand1234 sand is a solid player and fardin plays ag, double no-brainer
UU: HT (hairy toenail) vs. Jarii probably the better uu player, go jarii though
RU: Skelos (BigAir) vs. TraceofLife (Trace) i think skelos was on my blt team last time? i really don't remember though, but tol shouldn't have much trouble here
LC: samjo vs. Kurukaito samjo n___n
BSS: parivard vs. Plas (Plasmagby) hit ignore opponent in the battle and you can't possibly lose

Sunnyshore Staraptors (3) vs. (5) Hau'oli Hariyamas

Ubers: Mysterious M vs. Dull Ladder UU m boutta snack on the competition here
OU: blinkboy vs. MJ (emptee / mj20) mj played ubers last blt? seems like a decent player though so giving it to him
OU: Hamhamhamham vs. Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) who's the 2nd one
UU: Javoon vs. Serene's Grace has a badge so can't be too awful
RU: iAruban vs. TheWall (The Welsh Wall) idk either player well but wall went for 16k which either means he's good or managers were braindead
Doubles OU: StarRaikou vs. Silverwhiteblue consistent doubles main
LC: kushal00 vs. Dundies i guess kushal mains lc too but dundies is a god
BSS: Megazard vs. youmu@poke better player

Goldenrod Greninjas (3) vs. (5) Paniola Ranchers

Ubers: peachycl0uds (peachyclouds) vs. Leru my upl teammate never gonna lose
OU: Amoonguss (3d) vs. OminousDraco ez
OU: KoldKappuccino vs. BigBoy038 bigboss was on my team last yr he finna win
UU: Akaru Kokuyo vs. Sharp Ladder UU
Doubles OU: Rafooa11 vs. Matame idk i think matame plays doubles?
LC: Ninjadog~ (Ninjadog13) vs. PD purpledooshed
BSS: Mishimono vs. Blitzburgh they say he's good

This is my first time doing predictions. Feel free to disagree with me, because thats purely subjective and I could be completely wrong. So lets go into it:

Six Island Sharpedos (5)
vs. (2) Geosenge Garchomps

Ubers: Osh (Oshawott Fan) vs. jasprose // If your name is not mj20, chances are you'll lose to this guy
OU: Kingofcrimea vs. Samspark // Both decent OU players, will be close
UU: naruto(sage) vs. Mastoise
RU: Arifeen vs. soTsoT // -> Highlight of the week for me, this is gonna be a good one to watch
Doubles OU: SableyeMyBae vs. miltankmilk
BSS: Natalie. vs Ace-11

Burlesque Bewears(5) vs. (3) Twinleaf Trevenants

Ubers: EternalSnowman vs. byronthewellwell // Gonna be a close one but I'd give the edge to esm
OU: Jrsmash9 vs. blazenix // unless jrsmash9 brings something else than stall, the game should be blazes
OU: Fardin vs. sand1234
UU: HT (hairy toenail) vs. Jarii // I give this one to HT, but wouldn't be surprised to see Jarii win
RU: Skelos (BigAir) vs. TraceofLife (Trace)
LC: samjo vs. Kurukaito
BSS: parivard vs. Plas (Plasmagby)

Goldenrod Greninjas(3) vs. (4) Paniola Ranchers

OU: Amoonguss (3d) vs. OminousDraco // -> This is one to watch, can go either way
OU: KoldKappuccino vs. BigBoy038 // Close one but I see Koldkappuccino winning this
UU: Akaru Kokuyo vs. Sharp Ladder UU // I don't know how and I don't know why, but unless Sharp doesn't sacc his wincon for no reason I'll give it to him
LC: Ninjadog~ (Ninjadog13) vs. PD // PURPLE DOOSH

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Alore's Expert Predictions:

Disclaimer: If I predict against you its no big deal, I'm clueless anyway.

All "Highlight Matches" are from Alore's point of view.

Six Island Sharpedos (5.5) vs. (2.5) Geosenge Garchomps

Osh vs jasprose - Should be a close game, but I feel Osh will just edge it in Ubers.
flowsociety vs Kyotoshi - Don't know alot about either players' OU abilities :[ though should be a fun game to watch!
Kingofcrimea vs Samspark - Seen Koc play alot and reckon he has the edge in this match-up.
naruto(sage) vs Mastoise - Again don't know alot about either's abilities within the tier, however have heard hype over naruto(sage) coming into it.
Arifeen vs soTsoT - Haven't watched either player battle before, though given Arifeen's status and soTsoT's previous BLT performances I reckon this one could be a close game.
Mikaav vs Akashi - Jeran has always been a very consistent LC player, I reckon he should win this one pretty easily.
Natalie. vs Ace-11 - Bad user, but a top tier player, I give this match-up to Nat.

Highlight Match: SableyeMyBae vs miltankmilk - This one should be incredibly close, two very good DOU players and I would love to watch this match up.

Burlesque Bewears (2) vs (6) Twinleaf Trevenants

EternalSnowman vs byronthewellwell - Don't sleep on byronthewellwell.
Jrsmash9 vs blazenix - Again I don't know alot about either players' OU abilities, however I will back Blazenix for this one.
Fardin vs sand1234 - I feel like people have underrated Fardin heavily going into this tour, though I do not know either players' respective OU abilities so I will remain neutral.
Skelos vs TraceofLife - I think this will be a good game to watch, though I feel like Trace has the slight edge.
MiyoKa vs littlelachyjn - One of the most versatile players I know, should come out on top in this one.
samjo vs Kurukaito - I SHOULD be loyal and side with samjo, however in LC I feel like Kurukaito may be the better player.
parivard vs Plas - Don't really know alot about Plas outside of LC or parivard in BSS, I rate the picture of jox though.

Highlight Match: HT vs Jarii - I mean, with a pricetag like that, you oughtta bring the heat. Knowledge on Jarii is sparse for me, though I don't doubt they are a good player.

Sunnyshore Staraptors (2.5) vs (5.5) Hau'oli Hariyamas

Mysterious M vs Dull Ladder UU - heard good things about Mysterious M coming in to the tournament so I expect him to do well.
blinkboy vs MJ - I don't really know alot about each players' OU ability, whilst I know bb is very compitent in LC.
Hamhamhamham vs Bundy300 - Easily in the top 3 or 5 players in the tour, I see no problems for Ham to the power of 4.
Javoon vs Serene's Grace - Idk much about Javoon, whilst I know Serene is a very competent player in just about any tier.
iAruban vs TheWall - Fully expecting TheWall to justify their price tag and have a good overall tournament.
StarRaikou vs Silverwhiteblue - One of the best VGC players around.
Megazard vs youmu@poke - By far one of the standout games in this match up, I reckon ym@p will clean up.

Highlight Match: kushal00 vs Dundies - This game will be incredibly close, two great LC players, however I believe Dundies will overcome in the end.

PS. GO STARAPTORS!!!

Goldenrod Greninjas (3.5) vs (4.5) Paniola Ranchers

peachycl0uds vs Leru - Probably the more experienced of the two players, I reckon Leru will come out on top.
Amoonguss (3d) vs OminousDraco - Was torn with this one, two good players... If I HAD to say one, I would go with Draco, though again I can't really decide.
KoldKappuccino vs BigBoy038 - Solely going for BigBoy as I know more about the player.
Akaru Kokuyo vs Sharp Ladder UU - All in the name my friends.
Karalynia vs Microwavable - Both good players, and whilst Micro is my friend, I reckon Kara will come out on top.
Ninjadog~ vs PD - This game will all rely on the match-up, though I'm supporting my boi Ninja throughout, good luck to both!
Mishimono vs Blitzburgh - I'm not going to succumb to the "Mish mish" meme that was posted on my profile. But yes, Mish mish.

Highlight Match: Rafooa11 vs Matame - Two v good doubles players, if you had asked me a few weeks ago I would have said Matame, however hot off his win over SamVGC in PSPL, I reckon Rafooa has some tricks up his sleeve.

Good luck to all! :)

Last edited:
Totally unbiased predictions.

SIX ISLAND SHARPEDOS (4) vs GEOSENGE GARCHOMPS
(4)

Ubers: Osh (Oshawott Fan) vs. jasprose - He's not as bad as he seems.
OU: Kingofcrimea vs. Samspark - Dude's better than you think, it'll be close
UU: naruto(sage) vs. Mastoise - Naruto is probably a surprise package, don't under-estimate him.
RU: Arifeen vs. soTsoT - Highlight, could go either way though I feel like Sot might pull through.
Doubles OU: SableyeMyBae vs. miltankmilk - Another close one, but miltank has the edge
LC: Mikaav vs. Akashi (jeran) -
BSS: Natalie. vs Ace-11 - Natalie has the advantage, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ace wins, after all Gods play like him.

BURLESQUE BEWEARS (4) VS TWINLEAF TREVENANTS (3)

Ubers: EternalSnowman vs. byronthewellwell - If this guy doesn't innovate, idk who does. Nevertheless, still a good player and I feel like ESM has the advantage
OU: Jrsmash9 vs. blazenix - Either way tbh, I'll give the upper hand to Jrsmash because fat mons (lol) but I won't be surprised if Blaze wins
OU: Fardin vs. sand1234 - and is a literal God, really solid, watch this man go undefeated.
UU: HT (hairy toenail) vs. Jarii - Could go either way
RU: Skelos (BigAir) vs. TraceofLife (Trace) - RU main vs NU main. hmmm
LC: samjo vs. Kurukaito - Again, it'll be close but Kurukaito has the upper hand here
BSS: parivard vs. Plas (Plasmagby) - My man parivard will go undefeated. Bhai

GOLDENROD GRENINJAS (1) VS PANIOLA RANCHERS (7)

OU: Amoonguss (3d) vs. OminousDraco - Could go either way, but I've got faith in my man Draco
UU: Akaru Kokuyo vs. Sharp Ladder UU - MY MAN SHARP
RU: Karalynia vs. Microwavable (Micro) - Ngl, didn't know Micro qualified, but this'll probably be the closest game, gonna give it to micro though.
Doubles OU: Rafooa11 vs. Matame - Can go either way, Matame probably has the advantage
LC: Ninjadog~ (Ninjadog13) vs. PD - PURPL3D00$H
BSS: Mishimono vs. Blitzburgh - Don't know much about Blitzburgh, unfortunately

SUNNYSHORE STARAPTORS (3) VS HAU'OLI HARIYAMAS (3)

Ubers: Mysterious M vs. Dull Ladder UU
OU: blinkboy vs. MJ (emptee / mj20) - Blinkboy is half decent, so could be close
OU: Hamhamhamham vs. Bundy300 (Almighty Sa)
RU: iAruban vs. TheWall (The Welsh Wall) - iAruban's probably the surprise bag of the tournament.
Doubles OU: StarRaikou vs. Silverwhiteblue - Kameh, Kameh-haaa!
LC: kushal00 vs. Dundies - Could go either way, should be interesting
BSS: Megazard vs. youmupoke - Idk, Megazard doesn't even play BSS lol

I'm terrible at predictions, so don't mind me

predictions cuz wynaut

Six Island Sharpedos (5) vs. (3) Geosenge Garchomps

Ubers: Osh (Oshawott Fan) vs. jasprose // for the memes
OU: Kingofcrimea vs. Samspark
UU: naruto(sage) vs. Mastoise // this man for 8.5k? wth
RU: Arifeen vs. soTsoT //defo a hl MU but I think Arifeen has more sm experience but can go either way
Doubles OU: SableyeMyBae vs. miltankmilk // spl boi gonna take it home
BSS: Natalie. vs Ace-11 // Ace is bss :lul:

Sunnyshore Staraptors (2) vs. (5) Hau'oli Hariyamas

Ubers: Mysterious M vs. Dull Ladder UU //woulda liked to see mm vs mj but wtv
OU: blinkboy vs. MJ (emptee / mj20) // how u gonna let this guy go for 3.5k
OU: Hamhamhamham vs. Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) //hamx4 goat
RU: iAruban vs. TheWall (The Welsh Wall)
Doubles OU: StarRaikou vs. Silverwhiteblue //only if he doesnt get bought by dogknees
LC: kushal00 vs. Dundies //Dundies proven himself a top level LC player, but could see it going either way
BSS: Megazard vs. youmu@poke // heard youmu@poke is good but Megazard is solid so idfk

Goldenrod Greninjas(1) vs. (7) Paniola Ranchers

OU: Amoonguss (3d) vs. OminousDraco // solid player and have faith in him
UU: Akaru Kokuyo vs. Sharp Ladder UU // Sharp actually been improving lately so gonna give it to him
RU: Karalynia vs. Microwavable (Micro) // havent seen karo play much of any sm and micro is solid
LC: Ninjadog~ (Ninjadog13) vs. PD // goat

FIRST BLOOD
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-592216691

TOURS ROOM represent!

Hi my name is esm, i bring dank memes that i only can use, i got to the finals of a super tournament, every1 think im the best, i got drafter for premier league so im gud, however i cant play any other tiers, every1 better than me, i like sns, he taught me ubers, ubers if fun, teach me other tiers, teach me mons, plz, 1 liek = 1 good play i can maek

Ace-11

Banned deucer.
FIRST BLOOD

TOURS ROOM represent!

Hi my name is esm, i bring dank memes that i only can use, i got to the finals of a super tournament, every1 think im the best, i got drafter for premier league so im gud, however i cant play any other tiers, every1 better than me, i like sns, he taught me ubers, ubers if fun, teach me other tiers, teach me mons, plz, 1 liek = 1 good play i can maek
who let this guy out of the zoo?

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
FIRST BLOOD

TOURS ROOM represent!

You're right, I did sleep on ESM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)