Tournament BLT IV: Group Stage Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the third week of BLT IV! The format of this tournament is simple: there will be 2 groups with 4 teams in each. Within each group, the four teams face each of the other three teams in their group once. After three weeks, the teams will be ranked (2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss). The top two teams advance from their groups, while the rest are eliminated. If there is a tie between teams at this point in the tournament, the two teams with the best win/loss over the three week period will advance. From here, the top 4 teams that advance will verse each other in a single elimination format for the semifinals and then finals. Matches will be in standard Smogon SM tiers, so challenge your opponent in those. Obviously, play on PS! (preferably main or smogtours server). Series are played in a best-of-one (except BSS).

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this season as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).
Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with any subs they chose during the draft. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

Reminder for BSS players: it's played in a best-of-three format without teams being locked in the three games.

Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

Sun Group

Six Island Sharpedos (Feliburn Natalie.) - - Twinleaf Trevenants (Always! blazenix)
Geosenge Garchomps (Jack Dalton Vapo) - Burlesque Bewears (Scyther NO Swiping samjo)
Six Island Sharpedos (3) vs. (4) Twinleaf Trevenants

Ubers: Osh (Oshawott Fan) vs. byronthewellwell
OU: flowsociety vs. blazenix
OU: Kingofcrimea vs. sand1234
UU: naruto(sage) vs. littlelachyjn
RU: Arifeen vs. Jarii
Doubles OU: SableyeMyBae vs. Like A Star
LC: Mikaav vs. Kurukaito
BSS: Natalie. vs Plas (Plasmagby)

Geosenge Garchomps
(2) vs. (6) Burlesque Bewears

Ubers: jasprose vs. Fardin
OU: Kyotoshi vs. Jordn (jrdn)
OU: Samspark vs. Jrsmash9
UU: Mastoise vs. Skelos (BigAir)
RU: soTsoT vs. HT (hairy toenail)
Doubles OU: miltankmilk vs. EternalSnowman
LC: Akashi (jeran) vs. MiyoKa
BSS: Henka vs. parivard [/USER]

Team name | Record [W-L-T (points)] | Win Differential
Six Island Sharpedos |
0-1-1 (1) | -2
Geosenge Garchomps | 0-1-1 (1) | -2
Burlesque Bewears | 1-1-0 (2) | +0
Twinleaf Trevenants | 2-0-0 (4) | +4

Moon Group

Sunnyshore Staraptors (
Roseybear kushal00) - Paniola Ranchers (Quote dogknees)
Hau'oli Hariyamas (GXS Silverwhiteblue) - Goldenrod Greninjas (Leafage Ceteris Paribus)
Sunnyshore Staraptors (4) vs. (3) Paniola Ranchers

Ubers: Mysterious M vs. Leru
OU: Hamhamhamham vs. OminousDraco
OU: blinkboy vs. BigBoy038
UU: Javoon vs. Sharp Ladder UU
RU: iAruban vs. Microwavable (Micro)
Doubles OU: StarRaikou vs. Matame
LC: kushal00 vs. PD
BSS: Megazard vs. Ninjacalibur (Ninja)
Hau'oli Hariyamas
(5) vs. (3) Goldenrod Greninjas

Ubers: MJ (emptee/mj20) vs. peachycl0uds
OU: Dull Ladder UU vs. Amoonguss (3d) Jahimm
OU: Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) vs. Akaru Kokuyo
UU: Serene's Grace vs. KoldKappuccino
RU: TheWall (TheWelshWall) vs. Karalynia
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. Rafooa11
LC: Dundies vs. Ninjadog~
BSS: youmu@poke vs. Mishimono

Team name | Record [W-L-T (points)] | Win Differential
Sunnyshore Staraptors |
0-0-2 (2) | +0
Hau'oli Hariyamas | 0-0-2 (2) | +0
Goldenrod Greninjas | 0-1-1 (1) | -2
Paniola Ranchers | 1-0-1 (3) | +2

Please remember to use the Tournaments sub-room The Dojo for BLT IV discussion and to keep this thread civil regardless of friendly banter.

This week ends 9nd July at 11:59PM EST (GMT-4). Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Non-Counterfeit Predictions straight out of San Diego, California

Six Island Sharpedos (5) vs. (3) Twinleaf Trevenants

Ubers: Osh (Oshawott Fan) vs. byronthewellwell - Not to familiar with the latter player, but I have seen him pick up some wins and have heard nothing but good fluff so this match should without a doubt, be a good one to watch. Although, I have seen a lot of Osh's plays and matches and am leaning a bit more towards him due to this reason.
OU: flowsociety vs. blazenix - Flowsociety is my bro, but Blazenix is infamous for a lot of nice wins vs notorious players and is very consistent. This one should honestly come down to who has more dedication.
OU: Kingofcrimea vs. sand1234 - Don't get me wrong. Sand seems almost as if he's paralleled to God himself, but KingofCrimea is making his debut as one of the most underrated and strongest ou players here.
UU: naruto(sage) vs. littlelachyjn - Don't know the other guy, but narutosage has always been on my radar as a quiet, but magnificent player, making it far on occasion in a series of different tours(i.e Seasonals).
RU: Arifeen vs. Jarii - Arifeen is obviously to be given the upper hand in this, but quite contrary to that statement, he hasn't been showing much of an impression on this season of blt IV as he still hasn't gotten his first win. Although, I think this is the perfect opportunity for Arifeen to turn that losing streak around. Both have great builds, and this match will most definitely come down to who plays better.
Doubles OU: SableyeMyBae vs. Like A Star - Like a star overall, hasn't really impressed me too much but a LOT of upsets have happened this BLT and it wouldn't surprise me if he by some odd chance, takes this one. SableyeMyBae is very consistent on the other hand, and has what it takes for me to give him this win.
LC: Mikaav vs. Kurukaito - Without a doubt, Kurukaito is one of the most fierce LC players this tour and even has enough gleaming potential to be recognized as one of the best LC players in this meta as of July, 2017.
BSS: Natalie. vs Plas (Plasmagby) - BSS almost always comes down to matchups, and immaculately plays of course which Natalie. would have the upper hand, but Plasmagby's overall performance in his past few matches in addition to his undenying DEDICATION AND SCOUTING COMMITMENT, have earned himself a spot in my Win predictions.

(4) vs. (4) Burlesque Bewears

Ubers: jasprose vs. Fardin - Both seem like competent players, but something just tells me that this annoying player will somehow bait Jasprose into prepping for stall and then Cteaming Jasprose's cteam.
OU: Kyotoshi vs. Jordn (jrdn) - Kyotoshi has a made an OUTSTANDING first impression on me and is a character to look out for. Jrdn still can't be counted out yet due to some quick witted and clever plays coming from his end, but in the long-run I will give this to kyotoshi.
OU: Samspark vs. Jrsmash9 - Sorry Samspark and the rest of India, Jrsmash9 is halfgoat.
UU: Mastoise vs. Skelos (BigAir) - I don't know mastoise too well, but I know that skelos is capable of picking up any tier and adapting very quickly, but then again, this match can go either way.
RU: soTsoT vs. HT (hairy toenail) - Without a doubt, a match to look forward to. Honestly a highlight for the ages.

Doubles OU: miltankmilk vs. EternalSnowman - Sorry ESM, but what the
fuck are you doing playing this poop tier. MM consistent doubles player, you know the drill. Insufferable though
LC: Akashi (jeran) vs. MiyoKa - I like both players tbh, but Jeran just has so much experience and talent in mons that I would give this to him.
BSS: Henka vs. parivard - This idiot slayed Natalie and called people Chupad. You can't get better than that.

Ubers: MJ (emptee/mj20) vs. peachycl0uds - Idk man, Peachycl0uds beat Mysterious M, but MJ has what it takes to put this guy down. MJ just seems like the more consistent player here.
OU: Dull Ladder UU vs. Amoonguss (3d) - If 3d doesn't win this, he needs to quit mons. Dull Ladder UU is aight though. Haxed my mans OminousDraco so like that should count for something..
OU: Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) vs. Akaru Kokuyo - While my heart is with Akaru Kokuyo, something tells me that this beast of a player Bundy300 should have the upperhand, making vital planning and critical plays.
UU: Serene's Grace vs. KoldKappuccino - I don't want SG to win, but KoldKappuccino kind've defogged away his own hazards, thinking it would only affect the opponent.
RU: TheWall (TheWelshWall) vs. Karalynia - Karalynia is a smart player and has proved himself time and time again throughout multiple blts and this is TheWelshWall's first appearance, but considering some of the dude's plays, TheWall might take this one as well.
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. Rafooa11 - I have faith in Rafooa11, but SWB has endured too much to be losing this battle.
LC: Dundies vs. Ninjadog~ - Sorry ninjadog, you are very good, but Dundies is going undefeated up until he faces me again.
BSS: youmu@poke vs. Mishimono - Mish Mish is a very strong competitor in BSS and has proved his worth, which can't be said enough for youmupoke. Although, Youmupoke is japanese or something so like he should totally put up a fight.

Go Paniola Danchers ~

P.S. Hidetags were acting up.

Last edited:

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader

Ubers: Osh (Oshawott Fan) vs. byronthewellwell - Not to familiar with the latter player, but I have seen him pick up some wins and have heard nothing but good fluff so this match should without a doubt, be a good one to watch. Although, I have seen a lot of Osh's plays and matches and am leaning a bit more towards him due to this reason.
OU: flowsociety vs. blazenix - Flowsociety is my bro, but Blazenix is infamous for a lot of nice wins vs notorious players and is very consistent. This one should honestly come down to who has more dedication.
OU: Kingofcrimea vs. sand1234 - Don't get me wrong. Sand seems almost as if he's paralleled to God himself, but KingofCrimea is making his debut as one of the most underrated and strongest ou players here.
UU: naruto(sage) vs. littlelachyjn - Don't know the other guy, but narutosage has always been on my radar as a quiet, but magnificent player, making it far on occasion in a series of different tours(i.e Seasonals).
RU: Arifeen vs. Jarii - Arifeen is obviously to be given the upper hand in this, but quite contrary to that statement, he hasn't been showing much of an impression on this season of blt IV as he still hasn't gotten his first win. Although, I think this is the perfect opportunity for Arifeen to turn that losing streak around. Both have great builds, and this match will most definitely come down to who plays better.
Doubles OU: SableyeMyBae vs. Like A Star - Like a star overall, hasn't really impressed me too much but a LOT of upsets have happened this BLT and it wouldn't surprise me if he by some odd chance, takes this one. SableyeMyBae is very consistent on the other hand, and has what it takes for me to give him this win.
LC: Mikaav vs. Kurukaito - Without a doubt, Kurukaito is one of the most fierce LC players this tour and even has enough gleaming potential to be recognized as one of the best LC players in this meta as of July, 2017.
BSS: Natalie. vs Plas (Plasmagby) - BSS almost always comes down to matchups, and immaculately plays of course which Natalie. would have the upper hand, but Plasmagby's overall performance in his past few matches in addition to his undenying DEDICATION AND SCOUTING COMMITMENT, have earned himself a spot in my Win predictions.

Ubers: jasprose vs. Fardin - Both seem like competent players, but something just tells me that this annoying player will somehow bait Jasprose into prepping for stall and then Cteaming Jasprose's cteam.
OU: Kyotoshi vs. Jordn (jrdn) - Kyotoshi has a made an OUTSTANDING first impression on me and is a character to look out for. Jrdn still can't be counted out yet due to some quick witted and clever plays coming from his end, but in the long-run I will give this to kyotoshi.
OU: Samspark vs. Jrsmash9 - Sorry Samspark and the rest of India, Jrsmash9 is halfgoat.
UU: Mastoise vs. Skelos (BigAir) - I don't know mastoise too well, but I know that skelos is capable of picking up any tier and adapting very quickly, but then again, this match can go either way.
RU: soTsoT vs. HT (hairy toenail) - Without a doubt, a match to look forward to. Honestly a highlight for the ages.

fuck are you doing playing this poop tier. MM consistent doubles player, you know the drill. Insufferable though
LC: Akashi (jeran) vs. MiyoKa - I like both players tbh, but Jeran just has so much experience and talent in mons that I would give this to him.
BSS: Henka vs. parivard - This idiot slayed Natalie and called people Chupad. You can't get better than that.

Ubers: MJ (emptee/mj20) vs. peachycl0uds - Idk man, Peachycl0uds beat Mysterious M, but MJ has what it takes to put this guy down. MJ just seems like the more consistent player here.
OU: Dull Ladder UU vs. Amoonguss (3d) - If 3d doesn't win this, he needs to quit mons. Dull Ladder UU is aight though. Haxed my mans OminousDraco so like that should count for something..
OU: Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) vs. Akaru Kokuyo - While my heart is with Akaru Kokuyo, something tells me that this beast of a player Bundy300 should have the upperhand, making vital planning and critical plays.
UU: Serene's Grace vs. KoldKappuccino - I don't want SG to win, but KoldKappuccino kind've defogged away his own hazards, thinking it would only affect the opponent.
RU: TheWall (TheWelshWall) vs. Karalynia - Karalynia is a smart player and has proved himself time and time again throughout multiple blts and this is TheWelshWall's first appearance, but considering some of the dude's plays, TheWall might take this one as well.
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. Rafooa11 - I have faith in Rafooa11, but SWB has endured too much to be losing this battle.
LC: Dundies vs. Ninjadog~ - Sorry ninjadog, you are very good, but Dundies is going undefeated up until he faces me again.
BSS: youmu@poke vs. Mishimono - Mish Mish is a very strong competitor in BSS and has proved his worth, which can't be said enough for youmupoke. Although, Youmupoke is japanese or something so like he should totally put up a fight.

Go Paniola Danchers ~

Uhhhh cheers mate. I'm sort of surprised anyone has confidence in me after that shitshow a few hours ago >_>

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Go Paniola Danchers ~

Looks like 3d may have to quit mons PD ;p

EternalSnowman

DPL Champion
Sunnyshore Staraptors (4) vs. (4) Paniola Ranchers

Ubers: Mysterious M vs. Leru - MM2 should pick this one up if he isn't haxed terribly, leru is solid but I think mm2 will pull this one out definitely a match to watch
OU: Hamhamhamham vs. OminousDraco - hamx4 should take this one barring some terribad mu
OU: blinkboy vs. BigBoy038 - been more impressed with bigboy so far this tour but could be close
UU: Javoon vs. Sharp Ladder UU - my boi sharp gonna prove to us why hes the goat
RU: iAruban vs. Microwavable (Micro) - not been impressed with iAruban and micro has shown up to be a solid player
Doubles OU: StarRaikou vs. Matame - thought he quit BLT but i think hes probs better (whos the other guy?)
LC: kushal00 vs. PD - happened
BSS: Megazard vs. Ninjacalibur (Ninja) - close one, but megazard has proven himself a force in bss, but its a tricky tier and luck could easily swing this mu

Hau'oli Hariyamas(5) vs. (3) Goldenrod Greninjas

Ubers: MJ (emptee/mj20) vs. peachycl0uds - MJ better stop this guy, CM roost lunala is bad... unless some serious hax goes in the way of peachyclouds like last week i don't see MJ losing
OU: Dull Ladder UU vs. Amoonguss (3d) - Dull Ladder UU has yet to impress me as of yet so ill give it to 3d
OU: Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) vs. Akaru Kokuyo - Bundy has shown up to play in BLT and proven himself a decent player
UU: Serene's Grace vs. KoldKappuccino - The other guy is a master choker and sg is solid
RU: TheWall (TheWelshWall) vs. Karalynia - despite going for 16k, tww has yet to impress me, so ill give it to gdk for his solid play
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. Rafooa11 - swb's solid tier knowledge and overall play gives this one to him for me, but defo could be close with raf really playing well recently
LC: Dundies vs. Ninjadog~ - Dundies is the goat.
BSS: youmu@poke vs. Mishimono - youmu@poke has yet to impress me despite what people have said about him and mishi is solid

Six Island Sharpedos (4) vs. (4) Twinleaf Trevenants

Ubers: Osh (Oshawott Fan) vs. byronthewellwell - Osh is my boi and he plays some of the most solid Ubers
OU: flowsociety vs. blazenix - the OU core won't be stopped unless blaze decides to get activitied... or maybe he will get an activity with how good of a john he is
OU: Kingofcrimea vs. sand1234 - sand has great experience in this tier and proven himself a threat
UU: naruto(sage) vs. littlelachyjn - naruto(sage) has been solid and other guy is who?
RU: Arifeen vs. Jarii - Feen looks to pick up his first win after 2 p rough matches, and Jarii will give him a run for his money, I will give to feen for overall more tier knowledge and experience
Doubles OU: SableyeMyBae vs. Like A Star - more solid dou player in a tier that is highly skill and experience based
LC: Mikaav vs. Kurukaito - kurukaito has proven himself a capable lc player and is vs. someone who hasnt really impressed me
BSS: Natalie. vs Plas (Plasmagby) - Nat should bounce back after last week as she is still solid at BSS

On a side note: all of the matches have been 5-3 or 4-4! that's p cool/exciting! I'm looking forward to more great BLT games cuz it has been a blast so far, and let's try to keep the memes to a minimum!

Predictions by yours truly :^)

Six Island Sharpedos (4)
vs. (3) Twinleaf Trevenants

Ubers: Osh (Oshawott Fan) vs. byronthewellwell - could be a close match but Osh should end up winning
OU: flowsociety vs. blazenix - dunno flow much, blazenix is solid and should win unless he dies to activity
OU: Kingofcrimea vs. sand1234 - sand1234 did well in previous blt so i'll give him the win
UU: naruto(sage) vs. littlelachyjn - dont know littlelachyjn and havent seen his replays plus naruto is good
RU: Arifeen vs. Jarii - HIGHLIGHT MATCH, could go either way but i'll give this one to Jarii
Doubles OU: SableyeMyBae vs. Like A Star - Rose doesnt even play dou, rip
LC: Mikaav vs. Kurukaito - ???
BSS: Natalie. vs Plas (Plasmagby) - bss queen

Geosenge Garchomps (4) vs. (4) Burlesque Bewears

Ubers: jasprose vs. Fardin - more solid
OU: Kyotoshi vs. Jordn (jrdn) - if kyotoshi plays the same like last week, jrdn will win. if not it'll be close
OU: Samspark vs. Jrsmash9 - who knows what jrsmash will bring, either way he'll take the W
UU: Mastoise vs. Skelos (BigAir) - my boy skelos gonna pull through
RU: soTsoT vs. HT (hairy toenail) - HIGHLIGHT MATCH, soTsoT is consistent and vgood but this match is in the air
Doubles OU: miltankmilk vs. EternalSnowman - esm plays dou?
LC: Akashi (jeran) vs. MiyoKa
BSS: Henka vs. parivard - the battle between the memelords, henka will bring dank memes and one shot pari.

Hau'oli Hariyamas (5)
vs. (2) Goldenrod Greninjas

Ubers: MJ (emptee/mj20) vs. peachycl0uds - mj wins if he doesnt get haxed
OU: Dull Ladder UU vs. Amoonguss (3d) - 3d hasn't been impressive so far
OU: Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) vs. Akaru Kokuyo - bundy brings weird things which is fun to watch
UU: Serene's Grace vs. KoldKappuccino - koldkap lives in choke city
RU: TheWall (TheWelshWall) vs. Karalynia - sry karo ;-;
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. Rafooa11 - HIGHLIGHT MATCH, rafs going to go undefeated
LC: Dundies vs. Ninjadog~ - will be a close one imo
BSS: youmu@poke vs. Mishimono - mishmish

bs predicts by salty dude

Six Island Sharpedos vs. Twinleaf Trevenants
Ubers: Osh (Oshawott Fan) vs. byronthewellwell osh wont win against real strats.
OU: flowsociety vs. blazenix more solid ig
OU: Kingofcrimea vs. sand1234 idk
UU: naruto(sage) vs. littlelachyjn idk
RU: Arifeen vs. Jarii feen better win or he will end his season on a 0-3 record
Doubles OU: SableyeMyBae vs. Like A Star lucky but still good
LC: Mikaav vs. Kurukaito solid af
BSS: Natalie. vs Plas (Plasmagby) go tryhard

Geosenge Garchomps vs. Burlesque Bewears
Ubers: jasprose vs. Fardin dont use poisonceus please.
OU: Kyotoshi vs. Jordn (jrdn) more solid ig
OU: Samspark vs. Jrsmash9 if he brings a solid team obv
UU: Mastoise vs. Skelos (BigAir) more solid
RU: soTsoT vs. HT (hairy toenail) sotsot seems solid but HT is doing well too, will give him to edge since teammates ig
Doubles OU: miltankmilk vs. EternalSnowman more solid, will win if he doesn't use memes
LC: Akashi (jeran) vs. MiyoKa dont hax me pls
BSS: Henka vs. parivard indian goat

Sunnyshore Staraptors vs. Paniola Ranchers
Ubers: Mysterious M vs. Leru both r vgood, mm might have an upper hand since leru doesn't rly care about this.
OU: Hamhamhamham vs. OminousDraco still wondering why he isn't playing UU
OU: blinkboy vs. BigBoy038 more solid
UU: Javoon vs. Sharp Ladder UU tryhard ig
RU: iAruban vs. Microwavable (Micro) he has been doing well lately
Doubles OU: StarRaikou vs. Matame didnt drop out yet? eh sux
LC: kushal00 vs. PD already played
BSS: Megazard vs. Ninjacalibur (Ninja) more solid

Hau'oli Hariyamas (0) vs. (0) Goldenrod Greninjas
Ubers: MJ (emptee/mj20) vs. peachycl0uds idk
OU: Dull Ladder UU vs. Amoonguss (3d) nigga sux but can still grab W
OU: Bundy300 (Almighty Sa) vs. Akaru Kokuyo more solid
UU: Serene's Grace vs. KoldKappuccino ez.
RU: TheWall (TheWelshWall) vs. Karalynia wall is better
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. Rafooa11 swb sucks
LC: Dundies vs. Ninjadog~ more solid
BSS: youmu@poke vs. Mishimono more solid

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
im dropping from this
im just more trouble than im worth for my team
I am dropping out of this tournament.Don't ask me why.Sorry team and good luck.
it makes me really sad to see that players are quitting blt, at week three even, and not out of busyness. I have been in 3 blts so far, and this is the first time this massive ditching occurs. I am legit mad about this you guys. Here i go sounding like a grandma, but when i first joined ps, my ambition was to play in blt, and i worked a lot for it. i tried really hard to qualify, with my fly salamence and ampharos in ou skills, and naturally failed. during blt 1, we had this cool "mysterious draft" thing, that i presume was removed because it was unbalanced. Basically, for you newcomers, it allowed managers to recruit almost any user on the site. The draft was scheduled at late night, around 3 am, and i had an early bedtime, plus i was 16 and well needed sleep. However, that remarkable night, i woke up at around 2-3 am, and the draft happening hit my mind. i rushed, took mom's phone (yes, natalie did something bad) and opened PS on a slow tiny phone, just to be able to catch what i can. That very moment, i saw a packed room, and the draft coming to an end. The 7th picks were up. As names would pass, those of friends or unknown, the humilou huntails (i could tag a few people here...) had their pick...and well... i dont know if you guys will take me seriously, but its very emotional to me when i say i still remember how sirDonovan (with manager Feliburn ) said my name, and i was officially in blt. That moment basically made me feel like all my hard work was acknowledged, despite the fact that i did suck. we were the underdogs, predicted to lose early, the explouds (during that time) to win, and you know what? while they lost r1, we actually made it to semi-finals. a team made out of almost nobodies was ranked practically 4th or 3rd among 8 that had formidable players.

It was also during that time, that i did not main any tier, especially not the "mainstream" ones , such as "u" tiers (ou, uu, ru etc..) but i had a decent doubles team that 5-0 my pal Trade and ever since then i thought i was so good. In a couple of weeks, i spamed youtube's kylecole (high level doubles player)'s channel, took the metagame's content, spamed 80% of the doubles room's auth list with pms to have them check my team, and laddered the heck out of showdown, and eventually won my week 1 match in a formidable game vs "major d mawile", a cool bud. It was that starting point that made me the doubles player you all know today

asides from the long backstory, blt meant so much to me ever since i hung out in tournaments room, and i looked forward to it a lot. blt 2 was a short journey for me, but i still participated. and now, for blt 4, i practically gave 4 days out of my degree study days just to be able to get in blt 4, because it meant so much to me

so to have users quit on us like this is really sad for me. when you signed up for blt, it isnt just a children game tournament on a site. its honoring the hard work you were supposed to have put qualifiying, even if sadly the standards arnt the good old 300 points for #1 place that they used to be.
being in blt means committement, team work, collaboration with friends and newbies all the same, meeting new people through teams, learning new tiers and making exchanges, and so on.. i just dont get why someone would quit blt like that

do you even know that when your manager wastes a spot in a auction draft, just for you to bail on him, it would practiclaly mean the other teams got 2 picks ahead? i find it not only disrespectful to your manager who put their trust in you, your teammates who value you who was chosen to represent them in a tier, but yourself too, for just ditching on a committement, even if this is more for fun then being serious, with all the memes and whatnot.

what do i have to say more. 3+ players have now announced they are quitting and it would be shattering to see more. if you are quitting blt or considering it, i assure you the experience you've been having is not blt, at all, and i am sorry you were unfortunate enough to go by it. talk with your teammates you guys... most of us here are wonderful people that if each bothered a bit to make communication efforts, would see that we're all a big community here... as of now, i harass my blt buddies in emails, on skype, in pms, etc, to train, practice, build, or just even talk. i remember the day BreloomMyHomie was co-building with a player from another team, miltankmilk i think, maybe, on blt. i was like "but he's on the other team" , to which he replied that in the end, blt is just for fun, there is no other team, since we are all friends. that was a life lesson for me, learned from your so called "children game tour" on a 13+ kids site.

to some, i may sound pathetic and lifeless for defending this with such passion, but blt really means a lot to me, and i express once more my deep sorrow that some are leaving what should have been a reuniting opportunity for us all to have fun. dont waste that...
i still keep in mind that some of us do have different conditions, feelings, and maybe circumstances, so i dont judge anyone on their leaving, because there are more reasons then they let on. i just am sad to see people go, and wanted to make a post about it. if you bothered to read this far without skipping too much, i really thank you because it meant my time writing this was not wasted, let it be a single person who made it this far. and for the record, i'd really apreciate doing what's written a lot more then a "like" if its to show support, so if yall keep my few ( ironic, arnt i) words in heart, i'd be so much happier then receiving a new notification on my account by tomorow morning (since its 1:03 am atm). i love you all guys, you've really been wonderful people to me, and offered me in ps a wonderful place to be in
hoping i can still take part of fantastic blts to come, this being one of them, because it aint. over. yet.

thank you

edit: i'd also like to give our roomowners, particularly sirdonovan, a huge shoutout for the hard work they're doing for us, because it isnt easy, from hosting, to moding, to managing, to bot issues, and well so much. thanks a lot you guys :) you are appreciated

Last edited:
it makes me really sad to see that players are quitting blt, at week three even, and not out of busyness. I have been in 3 blts so far, and this is the first time this massive ditching occurs. I am legit mad about this you guys. Here i go sounding like a grandma, but when i first joined ps, my ambition was to play in blt, and i worked a lot for it. i tried really hard to qualify, with my fly salamence and ampharos in ou skills, and naturally failed. during blt 1, we had this cool "mysterious draft" thing, that i presume was removed because it was unbalanced. Basically, for you newcomers, it allowed managers to recruit almost any user on the site. The draft was scheduled at late night, around 3 am, and i had an early bedtime, plus i was 16 and well needed sleep. However, that remarkable night, i woke up at around 2-3 am, and the draft happening hit my mind. i rushed, took mom's phone (yes, natalie did something bad) and opened PS on a slow tiny phone, just to be able to catch what i can. That very moment, i saw a packed room, and the draft coming to an end. The 7th picks were up. As names would pass, those of friends or unknown, the humilou huntails (i could tag a few people here...) had their pick...and well... i dont know if you guys will take me seriously, but its very emotional to me when i say i still remember how sirDonovan (with manager Feliburn ) said my name, and i was officially in blt. That moment basically made me feel like all my hard work was acknowledged, despite the fact that i did suck. we were the underdogs, predicted to lose early, the explouds (during that time) to win, and you know what? while they lost r1, we actually made it to semi-finals. a team made out of almost nobodies was ranked practically 4th or 3rd among 8 that had formidable players.

It was also during that time, that i did not main any tier, especially not the "mainstream" ones , such as "u" tiers (ou, uu, ru etc..) but i had a decent doubles team that 5-0 my pal Trade and ever since then i thought i was so good. In a couple of weeks, i spamed youtube's kylecole (high level doubles player)'s channel, took the metagame's content, spamed 80% of the doubles room's auth list with pms to have them check my team, and laddered the heck out of showdown, and eventually won my week 1 match in a formidable game vs "major d mawile", a cool bud. It was that starting point that made me the doubles player you all know today

asides from the long backstory, blt meant so much to me ever since i hung out in tournaments room, and i looked forward to it a lot. blt 2 was a short journey for me, but i still participated. and now, for blt 4, i practically gave 4 days out of my degree study days just to be able to get in blt 4, because it meant so much to me

so to have users quit on us like this is really sad for me. when you signed up for blt, it isnt just a children game tournament on a site. its honoring the hard work you were supposed to have put qualifiying, even if sadly the standards arnt the good old 300 points for #1 place that they used to be.
being in blt means committement, team work, collaboration with friends and newbies all the same, meeting new people through teams, learning new tiers and making exchanges, and so on.. i just dont get why someone would quit blt like that

do you even know that when your manager wastes a spot in a auction draft, just for you to bail on him, it would practiclaly mean the other teams got 2 picks ahead? i find it not only disrespectful to your manager who put their trust in you, your teammates who value you who was chosen to represent them in a tier, but yourself too, for just ditching on a committement, even if this is more for fun then being serious, with all the memes and whatnot.

what do i have to say more. 3+ players have now announced they are quitting and it would be shattering to see more. if you are quitting blt or considering it, i assure you the experience you've been having is not blt, at all, and i am sorry you were unfortunate enough to go by it. talk with your teammates you guys... most of us here are wonderful people that if each bothered a bit to make communication efforts, would see that we're all a big community here... as of now, i harass my blt buddies in emails, on skype, in pms, etc, to train, practice, build, or just even talk. i remember the day BreloomMyHomie was co-building with a player from another team, miltankmilk i think, maybe, on blt. i was like "but he's on the other team" , to which he replied that in the end, blt is just for fun, there is no other team, since we are all friends. that was a life lesson for me, learned from your so called "children game tour" on a 13+ kids site.

to some, i may sound pathetic and lifeless for defending this with such passion, but blt really means a lot to me, and i express once more my deep sorrow that some are leaving what should have been a reuniting opportunity for us all to have fun. dont waste that...
i still keep in mind that some of us do have different conditions, feelings, and maybe circumstances, so i dont judge anyone on their leaving, because there are more reasons then they let on. i just am sad to see people go, and wanted to make a post about it. if you bothered to read this far without skipping too much, i really thank you because it meant my time writing this was not wasted, let it be a single person who made it this far. and for the record, i'd really apreciate doing what's written a lot more then a "like" if its to show support, so if yall keep my few ( ironic, arnt i) words in heart, i'd be so much happier then receiving a new notification on my account by tomorow morning (since its 1:03 am atm). i love you all guys, you've really been wonderful people to me, and offered me in ps a wonderful place to be in
hoping i can still take part of fantastic blts to come, this being one of them, because it aint. over. yet.

thank you
and my emotions still have not changed until this day

thank you

I cannot relate to this more, even though I'm a 13 y/o kid who pretended to be a 18 year old girl to get attention. BLT means a lot to me. I've been her for a while met lots of people. Even though people take me as a troll try hard etc. BLT is one of the tours I care about. You can ask my friends from the fellow discord how worried I was on the last day of qualification on week 4 when I couldn't play the bss official and I was like 3 points from being not qualified. I spammed the fuck out of my friends telling them to knock the people who might steal my spot out. I've gone a long way with blt. I low-key cried in blt 1 when I was not drafted. Some people might think I'm retarded or dumb but blt is more than u think. Blt might be seen as memes for some but seeing people like ace-11 leave who rocked blt back then by running the best up whimsicott with terrakion really doesn't feel good. All I wanted to say that leaving a team tour causes problems all around even for the team the managers. People like me who care suddenly lose an opportunity to be more viable to be recognized in the community. People from tours room have gone long ways like miltank in spl and rozes who was once a tour room main. I really love people getting recognized by tours room and blt definitely helps with it. Anwywys enough of me ranting because half of this probably doesn't make sense to u guys and I'm probably going to end up getting memed because I wrote this. I just wanted to say think about the rest before u quit and think about what could have happened to all these people in ur team who Actuslly spent time qualifying and wanted to win this tour. People who care are the people who succeed.

E- didn't know it was a meme I was being serious anyways

Last edited:

Mysterious M

Sic mundus creatus est
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Nice post from Natalie. and i really agree with her. As my first time here is BLT, i have to say that it is a really nice experience and it has a pretty innocent and welcome environment. Idk why but i feel people here are happier and more calm and i kinda destroyed this last week with my salty post bc of hax. This is a fun tour and ye people should stick to playing it and not leave no matter their records.

On another note, i am looking forward to playing Leru and breaking this thread if i lose

LGI Staraptors!

e: seems it was a meme, keep the rage part then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)