Blue Frog's Thread Spam

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ugh I've done a lot of site art lately but can't post it because it's not released =.=

In the meantime here are two pieces that have been released:
This was for an awesome RMT by the even more awesome Hollywood:

and this was for the PSPL II:

edit: YES I FINALLY GOT TO PAGE 12

Last edited:

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Yess I've been waiting for everything to come around (CAP, the Player, the Smog), and now that the new issue of the Smog is out I can finally post everything I've done in the past 2 months (well, it's like three extra pieces, but whatever):

For the Ask the Admins article in the Player.

For the onsite simulator page, though it hasn't been implemented yet.

edit: well now it has, thanks Vacate!

For XY LC: Scarves are Still in Style. Really happy with this one.

For Climbing the Ropes: A Guide to a New Tier.

An alternative version of the previous piece, in which I got to flaunt my knowledge of the metagame by thinking Hippopatas was viable in NU and Hippowdon was OU.

First version.

Final version.

Bad supporting art.

I don't really know :/

Last edited:

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I've been super lazy when it comes to updating this thread and I realized I haven't done a piece of Pokemon art not for the site in a while so here's a random lazy blue Politoed:

I haven't really had time to do art save for a copious amount of doodles during school, so maybe there'll be a post in the near future for my badly scanned and badly drawn notebook doodles. Maybe.

Anyway, in the hope of staying tied to Smogon and to encourage posting in my thread, I've decided to reopen requests. I'm not sure how this will work (maybe no one will even request anything ;.;), since I don't have a lot of time to draw, but just post what you want in this thread and I'll get it to you eventually ^.^

So yeah, request away!

Try to avoid corner suns because young kids tend to do those (out of a lack of understanding of image composition). Otherwise, that's a rather lovely drawing. It would've been awesome if you found a way to incorporate the orange lighting from the surroundings into the subject's colouring, but I know that's a little harder to do with cel-shading.

I liked your "ropes" illustration for The Smog #36, namely Ferrothorn clinging for dear life there (Ferrothorn is probably just inherently funny to me). I don't know if you noticed that I tweeted it :p

If you're sure about this requests thing, draw me a Larvesta or a Carbink, your choice. ouo (and make it really cute, please!)

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
as hollymon said, you really have improve :], your linework is ever-so solid and clean. Coloring on the Politoed drawing is a bit iffy beings that I noticed some parts where the coloring is someone out of place (around the tree trunk) but your shading and background is very fluid that being said. n_n nice work, can't wait to see more

Requesting an Aromatisse as a Plague Doctor (that's partially what it's based on, the ones with birdlike masks and hats)
Looked through your works, really improved and great :D

Last edited:

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Wow, thanks for all the feedback and requests, everyone! I haven't finished all of your requests yet, but I'll post what I have so far.
If you're sure about this requests thing, draw me a Larvesta or a Carbink, your choice. ouo (and make it really cute, please!)
One super fluffy fire caterpillar coming up:

Annnd that's the only request I've managed to finish so far. I'll definitely keep working, though. Keep the replies/requests coming!
Here are some non-request pieces from long ago that I never remembered to post:

Lauren Mayberry from Chvrches. It was mostly for fun (I'm still learning how to do faces); my reference was the first image that comes up from google images, but I'm still really happy with how it turned out.

These two were just random pictures I did for fun and I tried to experiment, though I'm pretty ambivalent over them (the bottom one is really old, from the middle of August).

Last edited:
I love how you have loads of different styles and they all look so good! Thanks for the avalugg and I hope you had fun doing it?

Btw that Squirtle and ducklett is very clean and looks v professional!

(dang forgot to comment on this immediately lol)

LARVESTA IS SOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUTE THANK YOU!! ♥ ♥ That innocent look in its eyes and the warm orange background, it's perfect!

When painting linelessly, it's easier to go off-model unintentionally, so be careful with that. The colours on Avalugg are great, but the poor guy looks kind of wobbly, lol

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I got to do the cover for the Player again, which is really cool. Here's a slightly larger version minus all the words and stuff:

Thanks to everyone who has complimented it in the release thread; it was a real honor to be able to do the cover again and I'm glad you all liked it.

Last edited:

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I'm alive

first here's actual Pokemon stuff

for ask the admins (obviously)

secret santa

tried my hand at painting again

Now I was planning on a giant post of random notebook doodles but after getting through one and a half notebooks I think I broke my scanner (which is a problem) so I can't display all the stuff I was planning to. My original idea was to compress all of them into one giant image but that proved to be way too tedious and pointless so I ended up with one painstakingly spliced collage and one image with everything lazily stuck onto it. Please bear in mind none of these were drawn with quality as a main priority and I had no references, so don't be too harsh; also some of these are pretty old, from the beginning of the school year. Most of them are faces.

i'm pretty sure I have more drawings than notes

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey wow, your art is really neat! I really love the Mamoswine and the Larvesta, can't compliment you much though aside from that cuz I don't know what shading or lines or whatever are cuz i suck at art :p

Since you're open for requests, could I have a banner for my RMT? My idea is to have a Reuniclus, Landorus-Incarnate and Mega Altaria with the words "Altitude" somewhere, I really don't care about the formatting lol, put it wherever it looks best. Take your time m8, and keep up the good work :)

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hey wow, your art is really neat! I really love the Mamoswine and the Larvesta, can't compliment you much though aside from that cuz I don't know what shading or lines or whatever are cuz i suck at art :p

Since you're open for requests, could I have a banner for my RMT? My idea is to have a Reuniclus, Landorus-Incarnate and Mega Altaria with the words "Altitude" somewhere, I really don't care about the formatting lol, put it wherever it looks best. Take your time m8, and keep up the good work :)
Thanks so much for the kind words! Here's your banner:

Hmm.

This piece (Source) involving a Pokemon gijinka line of Caterpie->Butterfree as a trans woman and Weedle -> Beedrill as a trans man is honestly pretty interesting.

I wonder--could I request a wallpaper with a Bagon->Shelgon->Salamence trans woman version--with the final one holding a shield shaped like Mega Salamence's wing?

Last edited:

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hmm.

This piece (Source) involving a Pokemon gijinka line of Caterpie->Butterfree as a trans woman and Weedle -> Beedrill as a trans man is honestly pretty interesting.

I wonder--could I request a wallpaper with a Bagon->Shelgon->Salamence trans woman version--with the final one holding a shield shaped like Mega Salamence's wing?
This was one of the hardest (but most interesting) requests I've done, so I hope I did OK. Let me know if there's anything you want me to change ^.^

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
requesting a shiny Weavile for an avatar please and ty

i love your art!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)