Brand New! have a couple quick questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everybody! Brand new to competitive play! I never found it interesting but I had no idea about LC! I'm Psyched, I just have a few questions, and could really use some advice!
  • I know I'll need Heart Scales to train my lower level pokemon, but are their any other SPECIAL Items/Techniques I should be aware of before setting out to breed/Prepare my team? (unique to LC, I.E. Different then the usual techniques of breeding. Max IV Dittos, Destiny Knot, Everstone and the like)
  • are IVs worth it at level 5? what about EVs? and Nature?
  • What use items are aloud? Max Revives, Cures, Potions & the like.

Thanks for the help!

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
Hey Everybody! Brand new to competitive play! I never found it interesting but I had no idea about LC! I'm Psyched, I just have a few questions, and could really use some advice!
  • I know I'll need Heart Scales to train my lower level pokemon, but are their any other SPECIAL Items/Techniques I should be aware of before setting out to breed/Prepare my team? (unique to LC, I.E. Different then the usual techniques of breeding. Max IV Dittos, Destiny Knot, Everstone and the like)
  • are IVs worth it at level 5? what about EVs? and Nature?
  • What use items are aloud? Max Revives, Cures, Potions & the like.

Thanks for the help!
Hello and welcome to Smogon!

Sorry to break this to you bud, but it's against the rules to make a thread in this forum without a moderator's permission (Quote, macle, Fiend). There is a thread for questions like this here! In addition to that, you should read the Little Cup Beginner's Guide, which will answer many of the other questions you might have.

To answer those though, generally people don't play Little Cup in-game, as it is significantly more difficult to breed and EV the mons to our liking, but other than that, there isn't anything you really need to know, other than that vitamins, wings, and poke pelago are the best ways to EV things for LC. Yes, just like any other metagame, IV's Natures and proper EV's are important. And just like other smogon metagames, only held items are allowed, which are things like Berry Juice or Leftovers, but not things like Revives or Max Potions.

This thread will probably be locked now, but if you have any questions, feel free to let me know!

Stick around in LC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)