Bubbly's Paintings and Stuff

bubblymaika

I'd sell you to satan for one corn chip
is an Artist Alumnus
Decided to rework this old thread after so long and reintroduce myself.

So hello again everyone! You can call me Bubbles, Bubbly, or Maika, I'm completely fine with either! I'm currently in college as a zoology major and have recently become engaged, so I'm not as active here as before. I will continue to post here occasionally to keep you guys updated and make artwork for the site.

My art style tends to vary a lot depending on how I feel, how much time and detail I want to put into it, and what I currently like at the moment. Most of my work is quick and loosely done.

It's rare for me to have more detailed pieces done since I have a tendency to either lose interest/get frustrated if it doesn't come out how I'd like it to. A habit I'm trying to fix.

I also experiment often, especially during an art block or when I'm anxious. I enjoy trying new things with my art.

That's all there is to know about me, really. Side note: I do not take requests, please don't ask.

I have no idea how to hide my old post because I know nothing about coding, so I'll just use the quote thing for now.

I suppose, ahah. Bout time I started to post my stuff here too I guess

Commission for a friend of mine

A super late request for another friend

Sidenote: I am Isaac trash and addicted to Afterbirth

I also like kirby. Triple Deluxe is my fav.

And ponies. Season 5 is my favorite so far.

Drifloons are the greatest Pokemon, no contest

And that's it for now I guess. Most of these are about a month old, but I sorta wanted to introduce myself and the artwork I create if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Heya there and welco- oh wait Drifloons! Not only do I adore the pokemon but I also like your take on them the most out of all the stuff you showcased. The warm colors you decided to use give a really nice atmosphere to the piece as if I'm looking through some old photos.

I really like the facial expression on the "Satan" as well. Your more serious work is neat so hopefully you'll stick around and enjoy your time here, can't wait to see more!

Beauutiful work! love the depth of colour, and the marvelous textures! despite all that, they're remarkably clean! keep up the good work

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Drifloons are the greatest Pokemon, no contest
Aww yiss, I love the style and colors in these ones, the Drifloons just make for a lovely scenery while the Kirby picture is just soothening. As for the Mega Medicham, the lineart is real nice, even if it's rather thick overall. Its skin could also have some slight variety in hue or highlights, even if it seem to be well lit. Solid picture. I've seen it plenty of times in the art room on PS, didn't take the moment to comment though.

Either way, I've seen enough to tell that you're a well experienced artist, so you can consider yourself an approved artist at this point. If you want to know what that means, here's a handy link for you, as well as some info of what areas you're now free to help out in. Nothing mandatory, just something you can contribute to if you so wish.

While I'm a bit late, welcome to the studio!

Edit: Changed a "not" to "now" :V

Last edited:

bubblymaika

is an Artist Alumnus
Aww yiss, I love the style and colors in these ones, the Drifloons just make for a lovely scenery while the Kirby picture is just soothening. As for the Mega Medicham, the lineart is real nice, even if it's rather thick overall. Its skin could also have some slight variety in hue or highlights, even if it seem to be well lit. Solid picture. I've seen it plenty of times in the art room on PS, didn't take the moment to comment though.

Either way, I've seen enough to tell that you're a well experienced artist, so you can consider yourself an approved artist at this point. If you want to know what that means, here's a handy link for you, as well as some info of what areas you're now free to help out in. Nothing mandatory, just something you can contribute to if you so wish.

While I'm a bit late, welcome to the studio!
Ahhh thanks so much! ;v;

Last edited by a moderator:

bubblymaika

is an Artist Alumnus
Non-pokemon stuff again, next drawings will be pokemon for sure, sorry for the dry spell

OCs this time. All but the second were designed by me (second was adopted from griffsnuff on dA) The Griffin is named Cirrus and he's based off my drifloon character. The dog is Mango, still not sure what I'm gonna do with her. The little fawn is Luca and his little inkbird friend is Manolo.

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm in love with your Mega Venusaur. The color scheme is so radically different from what I normally see that it's super attention-grabbing, and the sheer variety in texture and line thickness is really impressive. The flower on its forehead and that little shadow where the left leg meets its head are some of my favorite examples of that variety in the image.

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is absolutely gorgeous! If I were to pick a favorite piece, it'd have to be either the mega-Venusaur or the one of the two Drifloons. I love the unorthodox use of color in both pieces (and your others). It's all so bright and vivid and eye-catching.

bubblymaika

is an Artist Alumnus
I'm in love with your Mega Venusaur. The color scheme is so radically different from what I normally see that it's super attention-grabbing, and the sheer variety in texture and line thickness is really impressive. The flower on its forehead and that little shadow where the left leg meets its head are some of my favorite examples of that variety in the image.
This is absolutely gorgeous! If I were to pick a favorite piece, it'd have to be either the mega-Venusaur or the one of the two Drifloons. I love the unorthodox use of color in both pieces (and your others). It's all so bright and vivid and eye-catching.
Thank you both very much!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Wow! It's really good!
I don't quite know why, but every picture makes me want to say "Wow!", which doesn't happen often. Not all artists have the ability to make people feel "wow!".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)