Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A visual bug.

When you try to use a Normalium Z and you have Hidden Power in your moveset, Breakneck Blitz's type looks the same as your Hidden Power type. Though I admit I didn't check if it actually was of the same type when used.

(Here's an example - HP Fire on the left, Hyper Beam on the right)

Last edited:
Not sure if this would be considered a visual bug, or if its just my computer, but the text at the bottom of the battle screen would just shake for a minute instead of going away normally
I dont have a screenshot / video though so...

When you try to use a Normalium Z and you have Hidden Power in your moveset, Breakneck Blitz's type looks the same as your Hidden Power type. Though I admit I didn't check if it actually was of the same type when used.
I'm pretty sure this is a visual bug, but could you check the Z-move's tooltip too?

Just checked the tooltip (I tend to forget I can use Chrome's Incognito Mode to do small tests) and it does show as a Normal-type move on it.
Sadly the base power was missing, so that's another visual bug you found!
mega mewtwo y in gen 4 random battle
Mega Camerupt and Heavy Slam in Gen 4 random battle
The code for Gen 6 random battles that gave out Mega stones was accidentally included in the Gen 4 random battle generator. In the case of Heavy Slam, that was actually an Aggron Mega, which normally gets Heavy Slam in Gen 6 random battles.

Zoroark doesn't play nicely with the team sidebar. When you knock out a disguised Zoroark, it blurs out both Zoroark and the other Pokémon it was disguising as, which has serious issues when trying to keep track of what your opponent has left, since it will show a Pokémon as knocked out when it actually wasn't. Sending out the Pokémon Zoroark was disguising as doesn't fix this, either. Additionally, I've seen Zoroark sometimes take the sprite of the Pokémon it was disguising as on the side, which has on at least one occasion for me led to there being two sprites of a Pokémon on the sidebar, although that's less of a deal.

Replay showing it: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-588241909

Turn 14: Zoroark, disguised as Virizion is knocked out, and both the Zoroark and Virizion sprites are blurred out.
Turn 19: Virizion comes back in, the sprite is still blurred out

If you use /roomsettings while a Room Voice (or a regular user) in a gchat, you'll get a button to turn on modjoin +.
But, of course, you have insufficient privileges to do so.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug but I couldn't find any answers. Apparently using Mirror Move to copy Natural Gift if you're holding a berry will still make the move fail.
Starting from Turn 12; Torchic had a Nanab Berry.

Last edited:
when i try and enter a username, once its accepted, the game crashes.. on the desktop version.. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game.. and it still happens. it is very upsetting.. please tell me how to solve this

This is an old replay that I really delayed in reporting. I was playing the Full Potential OM and I think I found a bug.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7fullpotential-541712323

In the above replay, his Accelgor's Water Shuriken moves before my Dusclop's Shadow Sneak under Trick Room. Maybe I misclicked, right? No, in turn 6, his Leech Life moves before my Regice while still under the effects of Trick Room. Leech Life is not a priority move and there is absolutely no way a Regice outspeeds a +4 in Speed Accelgor, just in case you accuse me of that. In any case, I double checked and my Regice was indeed minimum Speed.

So I did some research and found that in Gen V, if a Pokemon had 1809 Speed more, it effectively ignores the effects of Trick Room. A +4 Unburden Accelgor beats 1809. This mechanic has since been removed, but it seems Showdown still has it.

Orda-Y Edit: Moved from new thread in Technical Projects

Last edited by a moderator:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
This isn't really my purview... But I'm pretty sure when two mons use priority under Trick Room, it defaults to the users speed stat and ignores the effect of Trick Room (as Priority always has). Water Shuriken is is a priority move, as is Shadow Sneak, ergo, Accelgor moves first. Not a bug.

What move did Regice use? Ice Beam should have outsped, so post in the link below about this bug. It may also be related to the tier you are playing in, I am not sure what "Full Potential" means (there could be other modifiers due to the metagame). According to Bulba, the speed "bug" still exists (and I am well aware it is not a reliable source of information). However, I cannot find anything to the contrary and I can't test in Gen 7 myself.

Post here for a proper reply/bug report: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bug-reports-v2-0-read-op-before-posting.3469932/

EDIT: After doing some digging this isn't even playable on the official server. I would suggest taking it up with the hosts of that server.

Last edited:
This is an old replay that I really delayed in reporting. I was playing the Full Potential OM and I think I found a bug.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7fullpotential-541712323

In the above replay, his Accelgor's Water Shuriken moves before my Dusclop's Shadow Sneak under Trick Room. Maybe I misclicked, right? No, in turn 6, his Leech Life moves before my Regice while still under the effects of Trick Room. Leech Life is not a priority move and there is absolutely no way a Regice outspeeds a +4 in Speed Accelgor, just in case you accuse me of that. In any case, I double checked and my Regice was indeed minimum Speed.

So I did some research and found that in Gen V, if a Pokemon had 1809 Speed more, it effectively ignores the effects of Trick Room. A +4 Unburden Accelgor beats 1809. This mechanic has since been removed, but it seems Showdown still has it.
That Trick Room mechanic where a high speed effectively ignores it is still in the game as of gen 7.

Not sure if this is the right place, but...

If I know how alphabetic order works, then shouldn't storm drain be between soundproof and sturdy?

Not sure if this is the right place, but...

If I know how alphabetic order works, then shouldn't storm drain be between soundproof and sturdy?
You picked DPP. Storm Drain has no influence on damage there (the immunity was introduced in BW -or Mystery Dungeon if we want to get into specifics-), so it's not on the list.

Last edited:
This isn't really my purview... But I'm pretty sure when two mons use priority under Trick Room, it defaults to the users speed stat and ignores the effect of Trick Room (as Priority always has). Water Shuriken is is a priority move, as is Shadow Sneak, ergo, Accelgor moves first. Not a bug.

What move did Regice use? Ice Beam should have outsped, so post in the link below about this bug. It may also be related to the tier you are playing in, I am not sure what "Full Potential" means (there could be other modifiers due to the metagame). According to Bulba, the speed "bug" still exists (and I am well aware it is not a reliable source of information). However, I cannot find anything to the contrary and I can't test in Gen 7 myself.

Post here for a proper reply/bug report: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bug-reports-v2-0-read-op-before-posting.3469932/

EDIT: After doing some digging this isn't even playable on the official server. I would suggest taking it up with the hosts of that server.
It was playable as an OM but they didn't make the ladder permanent. Regice used Ice Beam (it was AV). Anyway, apparently I was misinformed and that speed mechanic still exists, so this is not a bug. Thanks.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
not exactly sure where else to post this but:
double Hypnosis Rapidash.png
double Hypnosis Rapidash 2.png
Not sure why Rapidash in particular has this moveset bug. The varied movesets even shows that Rapidash has more than just 3 moves to choose from, but Hypnosis occupies both slot 1 and slot 2 for w/e reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)