Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is intended but I'll post anyway.

Just had a Random Battle on PS, we were both down to our last Pokémon. I had a Bronzong, they had a Tornadus. They used Taunt. I used Explosion. I (obviously) fainted, and so did Tornadus. Yet I didn't get the win. I thought that you win if you use a suicide move that makes both Pokémon faint?

Not sure if this is intended but I'll post anyway.

Just had a Random Battle on PS, we were both down to our last Pokémon. I had a Bronzong, they had a Tornadus. They used Taunt. I used Explosion. I (obviously) fainted, and so did Tornadus. Yet I didn't get the win. I thought that you win if you use a suicide move that makes both Pokémon faint?
Nah, this is exactly how it's supposed to work. I learned it the hard way too.

Nah, this is exactly how it's supposed to work. I learned it the hard way too.
Gosh, shouldn;t have listened to this unreliable source that said: "If both trainers are down to their final Pokemon, and a suicide attack is used, the one who used that suicide move is the winner. It's just the way the Shoddy Battle team and Game Freak coded it, so that slower, bulkier Pokemon who learn these attacks can still revenge kill, in a sense."

Thanks for the answer :)

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the right thread because it's not a bug regarding battle mechanics, but there seems to be something off with the ladder's elo decay.
I used to have an elo decay of about one to two elo per day. However, I finished my last BH battle today at 10:20 CET, reaching 1820 elo. Before writing this post, I checked the ladder again and saw that I lost two elo for decay, giving me a new elo of 1818. I understand that the elo decay increases when you climb up the ladder, but a decay of 2 elo per hour is definitely too much and will potentially screw the ladder over,s o please fix this.

I don't know if this is the right thread because it's not a bug regarding battle mechanics, but there seems to be something off with the ladder's elo decay.
I used to have an elo decay of about one to two elo per day. However, I finished my last BH battle today at 10:20 CET, reaching 1820 elo. Before writing this post, I checked the ladder again and saw that I lost two elo for decay, giving me a new elo of 1818. I understand that the elo decay increases when you climb up the ladder, but a decay of 2 elo per hour is definitely too much and will potentially screw the ladder over,s o please fix this.
Elo decay is daily; it happening just after you played is unfortunate but how that works. See here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-to-know-about-ratings.3487422/#post-6965271

Teambuilder says all my pokemons have more than four moves but they don't.
This bug triggers when I have 6 pokemons for doubles, and stays even if I remove one. Only way to get rid of it is to start over.
Here's the team:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Pulse
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Eevee (M) @ Eevium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Facade
- Last Resort
- Baton Pass

Espeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell

Sceptile-Mega (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Brick Break
- Giga Drain
- Hone Claws
- Agility

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder Wave

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Geomancy
- Calm Mind

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
I've been seeing the above issue and tried making a team to see if it saves properly, so if I start a gen 7 ou team with Ferrothorn with Power Whip, Leech Seed, Spikes, Protect and click Validate. Showdown tells me my team is valid for Gen 7 OU. When I click on the List button on the top-left and then click back on the team I just made, all I see is a Ferrothorn with Power Whip. Changing the order of the moves to Leech Seed, Power Whip, Spikes, Protect results in only Leech Seed getting saved. It does not appear to make a difference between typing the move in and hitting Enter as opposed to typing part of the move and clicking on it in the search panel. EV Spreads appear to be working properly with being saved, not sure why moves are/aren't.

Edit: seems to be fixed in today's reset at 1800 EDT

Last edited:
hi whenever i want to start a new game the window pops up telling me my pokemon have more than 4 moves. hows that even possible? do i have to deinstall the game? cheers

now i inexplicably lost 2 of my teams... whats going on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried deleting an entire moveset but another error was added to the more than 4 moveset error

Edit: Anymore than 4 mons on the team seems to cause the error for me

Attachments

Last edited:

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Teambuilder says all my pokemons have more than four moves but they don't.
This bug triggers when I have 6 pokemons for doubles, and stays even if I remove one. Only way to get rid of it is to start over.
Here's the team:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Pulse
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Eevee (M) @ Eevium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Facade
- Last Resort
- Baton Pass

Espeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell

Sceptile-Mega (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Brick Break
- Giga Drain
- Hone Claws
- Agility

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder Wave

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Geomancy
- Calm Mind

This comes up ever time i try to use a team and i evenchecked the .txt file and the mons only have 4 moves
Tried deleting an entire moveset but another error was added to the more than 4 moveset error

Edit: Anymore than 4 mons on the team seems to cause the error for me
The development team of PS is aware of this bug and will try to fix it as soon as possible, they're working on it. In the meantime, random formats stay playable since they don't use the validation used by built teams.

(edit: Zarel has fixed it)

Last edited:
If a player has fewer than 6 pokemon, one or two of the other player's pokemon will go into the "not revealed" state during or after team preview. They can be revealed by sending them out, though it may only trade the "not revealed" state with another member of the team. This seems to happen in any 6v6 meta.
team tracker bug.png

I want to report a bug
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-629706303
In this replay for some reason when volcarona used quiver dance in the first turn oricorio was able to use its ability to use quiver dance.
then in the second turn when volcarona used quiver dance again but when oricorio used its ability again it said oricorio used quiver dance but it failed.
then later on dragonite comes to battle, dragonite used dragon dance twice and oricorio with its ability used dragon dance too but it said it failed.
i'm guessing this is a bug since I haven't seen this in the not bug list nor have seen other people reporting it.

That's no bug, the Oricorio had Choice Specs which prevent the use of any other move than the move it locks itself into, including dancer-induced moves. It worked the first time because Volcarona outsped it so that dancer triggered before Oricorio choice-locked itself into Revelation dance.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I want to report a bug
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-629706303
In this replay for some reason when volcarona used quiver dance in the first turn oricorio was able to use its ability to use quiver dance.
then in the second turn when volcarona used quiver dance again but when oricorio used its ability again it said oricorio used quiver dance but it failed.
then later on dragonite comes to battle, dragonite used dragon dance twice and oricorio with its ability used dragon dance too but it said it failed.
i'm guessing this is a bug since I haven't seen this in the not bug list nor have seen other people reporting it.
Was the Oricorio holding Choice Specs? If I'm not mistaken, Choice items interract oddly with the Dancer Ability.
edit: ninja'd

Last edited:

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
yes it was holding a choice specs and why does it interact differently
Fron the Sun/Moon Data Research thread:
  • Dancer activates immediately after a Dance move is used and doesn't use up the ability holder's turn (they can still use their move for that turn). Dancer will not activate on a copied dance move by another Pokemon with Dancer. Dancer can copy status Dance moves as well as attacking dance moves (Petal Dance, Fiery Dance, etc). A copied Petal Dance will only be executed for one turn and won't lock the user in. (yetanotherperson) Lunar Dance is copied after the original user faints and the Pokemon that copied it will faint after using it. A Pokemon with Dancer that has been Taunted will attempt to copy a status dance move (i.e Lunar Dance, Quiver Dance, etc) but it will fail. (yetanotherperson) Rain Dance will not be copied by Dancer. (Marty) A Pokemon that is locked into a move such as Outrage or Petal Dance will copy a dance move used by another Pokemon but fail to execute it. (yetanotherperson) The check to see if a Pokemon will hurt itself in confusion does occur when a Pokemon with Dancer copies a move. The check to see if a Pokemon will be fully paralyzed or remain frozen will happen on Dancer, and a sleep turn is also used up by Dancer's activation. If a Dance move fails (this includes having +6 on a move like Swords Dance) Dancer can't copy it, but if the Dancer's move would fail (and the attacker's didn't) Dancer DOES copy the move. (UltiMario) If a Pokemon with Dancer holding a Choice item (Choice Band, etc) copies a dancing move it is only locked into that move it has it has the move in its move set. If it's already locked into another move then the copied move fails. Furthermore, if a Dancer Pokemon hasn't been Choice-locked yet and is outsped by something using a dance move, and the Dancer Pokemon selected a move that turn that isn't the dance move (which is also in its moveset, triggering the lock), the move it chose fails. (Marty) Dancer does not copy Teeter Dance unless it successfully confuses at least one Pokemon. When two Pokemon with Dancer are on the field the slower Pokemon will copy the dancing move first. (MadChaeger)
I can't tell why it works like that in Sun/Moon, but that's how it is. Pokemon Showdown aims to replicate Sun/Moon mechanics as close as possible, even with quirks like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)