Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, was just using moves like fire spin and magma storm in the ou tier and I noticed that when those moves hit magic guard Clefable that Clef took no ongoing damage at the end of the turn and it was also not trapped. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure in the game, magic guard mons still take the ongoing damage and are still trapped once hit with those trapping moves.

I believe the tooltip for poison heal "would take if ability removed" is bugged. It always says 6%, but when the ability is actually removed, it is a different amount. I'm not sure which is correct behavior, but it is inconsistent.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-686854020 (Turn 4)
Poison heal always heals 1/8th of your HP. As you removed his ability, it damaged it according to how many ticks of poison had passed for Regigigas.

O MY LORD THANK YOU SO MUCH urkerab !!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOL, Merritt , DaWoblefet , look at this! http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-687563873 . Someone test this in the cart and see if revelation dance changes the smeargle type or whether it will continue dual type.This logic can be applied to Missingno.! This time if is possible, I'll want to see one video about that ....LOL.Even without the Missingno., I long to see what happens and if the Showdown is correct (not changing the Smeargle type like in the turn 4 of this replay,and If Smeargle will have the dual type: typeless more normal type or if Smeargle will just lost the fire type and be of the normal type only).

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
Poison heal always heals 1/8th of your HP. As you removed his ability, it damaged it according to how many ticks of poison had passed for Regigigas.
I know, but there is a tooltip that says how much the mon would lose if its ability was removed, but it always says 6% even after multiple turns

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In gen 2 (probably gen 1 as well but haven't tested) it doesn't properly display the amount of toxic damage you're about to take. It always shows as 6% despite the fact that I was taking much more than that.

O MY LORD THANK YOU SO MUCH urkerab !!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOL, Merritt , DaWoblefet , look at this! http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-687563873 . Someone test this in the cart and see if revelation dance changes the smeargle type or whether it will continue dual type.This logic can be applied to Missingno.! This time if is possible, I'll want to see one video about that ....LOL.Even without the Missingno., I long to see what happens and if the Showdown is correct (not changing the Smeargle type like in the turn 4 of this replay,and If Smeargle will have the dual type: typeless more normal type or if Smeargle will just lost the fire type and be of the normal type only).
Merritt , DaWoblefet ?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Let me explain why I didn't jump out of my chair and deal with this immediately.

I do not have a Protean Kecleon in my Gen 7 games, so I need to deal with finding one in ORAS through dexnav, buy Pokebank again, transfer it up, and breed for another Protean one in Gen 7 with egg move Skill Swap by breeding for a male Eevee since I lack a male Sylveon, evolving said Eevee and "relearning" Skill Swap. At which point I then have to set up Smeargle by teaching it Reflect Type, Burn Up, and Revelation Dance using the once a day usum postgame double battle that actually gives EXP so it retains said moves (unless I've been lied to about how Sketch works), after leveling up both Smeargle and the original learner of each move so that they don't get outsped and killed by the relatively high level repeatable postgame double battle before Smeargle sketches the move. I knew there was a better way to do this. Thanks Magikingdra.

Once that's done I can test it out, however it's not exactly high priority and it's a lot of effort since I don't have anything except the Pyroar and a ghost type already, just putting that out there. Maybe DaWoblefet already has all these necessary things lying around, but I certainly don't at this moment.

Last edited:
Let me explain why I didn't jump out of my chair and deal with this immediately.

I do not have a Protean Kecleon in my Gen 7 games, so I need to deal with finding one in ORAS through dexnav, buy Pokebank again, transfer it up, and breed for another Protean one in Gen 7 with egg move Skill Swap by breeding for a male Eevee since I lack a male Sylveon, evolving said Eevee and "relearning" Skill Swap. At which point I then have to set up Smeargle by teaching it Reflect Type, Burn Up, and Revelation Dance using the once a day usum postgame double battle that actually gives EXP so it retains said moves (unless I've been lied to about how Sketch works), after leveling up both Smeargle and the original learner of each move so that they don't get outsped and killed by the relatively high level repeatable postgame double battle before Smeargle sketches the move.

Once that's done I can test it out, however it's not exactly high priority and it's a lot of effort since I don't have anything except the Pyroar and a ghost type already, just putting that out there. Maybe DaWoblefet already has all these necessary things lying around, but I certainly don't at this moment.
Smeargle
Ability: Own Tempo
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect Type
- Burn Up
- Revelation Dance
- Surf

Kecleon
Ability: Protean
IVs: 0 Atk
- Skill Swap

This is enough? I can try to arrange this with a person and ask him to send for you.

I do not have a Protean Kecleon in my Gen 7 games, so I need to deal with finding one in ORAS through dexnav, buy Pokebank again, transfer it up, and breed for another Protean one in Gen 7 with egg move Skill Swap by breeding for a male Eevee since I lack a male Sylveon, evolving said Eevee and "relearning" Skill Swap. At which point I then have to set up Smeargle by teaching it Reflect Type, Burn Up, and Revelation Dance using the once a day usum postgame double battle that actually gives EXP so it retains said moves (unless I've been lied to about how Sketch works), after leveling up both Smeargle and the original learner of each move so that they don't get outsped and killed by the relatively high level repeatable postgame double battle before Smeargle sketches the move.

Find Smeargle, catch it.

Teach sketch. Have a mon with the move you want it to learn.
Encounter another smeargle, sos it. Use said move on the smeargle. Then, switch, sketch the wilds move, kill both.

I knew there was a better way to do this. Thanks Magikingdra.
In case you need help (if need), I can try to help you with whatever it takes (in the matter of having the Pokémon with those moves).But apparently it will no longer be necessary.I want to try to help if you need to.

Hi! I'm on the VGC18 teambuilder, and when I filter by Flying type, it appears Decidueye, which is not a flying type. I don't know if it is a work as intended or not.

we can infinitely add players
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-689847827
i'm not very sure why this battle bugged

edit: go to turn 65 and it gets wild
desc: as soon as player aDankMemeLord (Anaconja) added me (HighIord) as a player, shit got weird. I should've been able to play, but wasn't actually able to use a move. /forfeit yielded "forfeit failed." also, the name of the battle eventually changed from "aDankMemeLord vs brli" to "Wiikhulten vs brli". Not only that, I was able to repeated add new players.

edit #2: we could add players that didn't even exist or were offline at the time, and anyone who was a player could add more players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)